Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Air Ciondition heater Blower not coming on

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-05, 05:09 PM
Dee_seal
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Condition heater blower not coming on

Hey Guys I noticed this morning that my air condition system was not turning on at all, I pressesd every button but it just won't come on NAda, Zilch, nothing, their is a default backlight that illuminates when you turn the car on that's it. Non of the lighting for the controls turns on, incidentally the car is also a little jumpy at idle, it actually stalled once, but it drives OK kinda like the jump u get when the AC is turned on at the stop light but it idles fine 90 % of the time. I am hoping this is an easy fix, does anyone know what fuses to check, or what electricals? I looked at the fuses by the drivers feet but nothing says AC?

I need help, this is killing me, The Texas heat is on the horizon

DN
Old 05-08-05, 06:29 PM
Dee_seal
Rookie

Anyone Help
Old 05-08-05, 07:06 PM
setwire
Pole Position

Default A/C Fuses

Originally Posted by Dee_seal
Anyone Help
Check your fuse under the hood.
That is where your A/C Fuse is located.

Rob
Old 05-08-05, 07:11 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Put your AC system into diagnostic mode and see what code you are throwing.
Old 05-09-05, 04:43 AM
Dee_seal
Rookie

Checked AC fuses under hood all good, tried to get it into diagnostic mode but no can do, nada zilch, nothing lights up, I think I have no choice but be on my way to the dealer to get raped, hope he is gentle/
Old 05-09-05, 05:17 PM
setwire
Pole Position

Default A/C Problem

Originally Posted by Dee_seal
Checked AC fuses under hood all good, tried to get it into diagnostic mode but no can do, nada zilch, nothing lights up, I think I have no choice but be on my way to the dealer to get raped, hope he is gentle/
Dale
Lets hope it is something simple, here in Canada at a Lexus Dealer it is $100 just for them to drive your car in for a simple diagnosis.

I have found buying the workshop manuals was the best investment I made in my SC 400.
If I can't fix it myself I take it to a local mechanic who usually can remedy any situation as long as I drop off the manuals for him to refer to.

My mechanic had never worked on a Lexus but has managed to change out my torque converter for a Dragon, Install a complete set of Vlamos control arm bushings, replaced steering bushings, install new motor and transmission mounts, install trans cooler, SS Brake lines and all new brakes all for less than 1/2 the price I would have paid at the Stealership.

If you plan to keep your Lexus for a while you might want to consider buying the appropriate workshop manuals from Lexus.

Rob
Old 05-10-05, 03:38 PM
Dee_seal
Rookie

Glad to inform that my Lexus dealer treated me very well for the $125 diagnostic charge, he was happy to go ahead and change out the blown fuse wherever that was, at this point I still don't know where that fuse resides, the short was happening in the cigerette lighter so he went ahead and cleaned that up nicely for me. He also informed me that their would be no additional charge for the fuse.

In addition the $125 includes a wash and vacum YIPPIE. I was also prompted to bag as many complementary bottled waters as I could, along with a handful of mints at the plush Lexus dealership. That same fuse seem to control the outside temp inside display as well that was also showing blank before I brought itto the lexus dealer. so right now AC is fine and I can reminis on the experience of getting my nads fiddled and my _ _S kissed for the going rate
:: $125.

ps that also included a RX330 loaner for the day
Old 05-10-05, 08:56 PM
Nomis
Lead Lap

Was it the "Blower Resistor" I've had to deal with a similar situation on my LX450?
Old 05-11-05, 12:21 PM
Dee_seal
Rookie

Originally Posted by Nomis
Was it the "Blower Resistor" I've had to deal with a similar situation on my LX450?
I really don't know haven't got in touch with the technician yet