Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Soarer with RB26!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-05, 08:05 PM
indelible
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Somebody already posted these pics

Edit: Here it is ---> https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ht=rb26+soarer
Old 02-18-05, 08:13 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

indelible, good call.

kakaroto, oh my god is not quite a definitive thread title.
Old 02-19-05, 12:51 AM
313sc3
Lead Lap

Nice conversion but we all know that a 2jz is better. Why? Because to make really big power you have to sroke it to 2.8 liters or build the rb30 hybrid. Displacement rocks!
Old 02-19-05, 01:39 AM
AllBoutDaZ
Lead Lap

the Rb26 motor can make about as much power with less liters
it can also rev really high (8krpm) with stock internals compared to the 1jz or 2jz (6750rpm)
both the 2jz and the RB26 can make about the same HP in stock form with bolt ons but one still has the higher reving engine with less displacement
well i guess everyone has there own opinions
but i have always been a nissan fan as my project car is a Z car (NISMO)

Last edited by AllBoutDaZ; 02-19-05 at 01:57 AM.
Old 02-19-05, 01:53 AM
RyanG
Driver

Originally Posted by AllBoutDaZ
it can also rev really high (8krpm) with stock internals compared to the 1jz or 2jz (6750rpm)
both the 2jz and the RB26 can make about the same HP in stock form with bolt ons but one still has the higher reving engine with less displacement
but i have always been a nissan fan as my project car is a Z car
I have to agree with you. The RB26 is a very stong motor and capable of handling plenty of power. For this application it would be more practical to put in a 2j or 1j, but I guess its just something the owner wanted to do. If you want to you can rev the 2J to about 7,500rpm, but it does have more displacement, so i doubt it would be able to rev as high as the RB in stock form. But, i have always been a Toyota fan as my project car is a SUPRA .
Old 02-19-05, 09:04 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

but i have always been a nissan fan as my project car is a Z car (NISMO)
Yeah? So what is the highest RWHP a car can get on an RB motor?

http://home.comcast.net/~missscissors/Marko1520WHP.MOV

Chris
Old 02-19-05, 10:33 AM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DIrEctQL

Chris
usually i agree what you have to say, but can't with this one. (this argument is probably more for a awd skyline more than that rb26 soarer.) here are some random thoughts.

so where the heck are you gonna go with 1520hp with street tires on a supra? where are you gonna go?no where! because your'e gona spin all day long or is the car gonna be running on the curcuit?
but look at people such as rh9 and exvitermini and their 9 second street cars on street tires.

the power in the u.s. isn't great because there is no supply of newer technology parts for the skyline. only the stuff japan makes... unlike the U.S. with their HUGE nice dual ball bearing turbo's. althought there one rb26 i know of using the gt42r making 900+ hp that would make a little over 1000+ if he ups the boost.

yesterday i was looking at those japanese r33 magazine yesterday saw plenty of numbers around 1000hp (1320 was the highest with a t88h-34d)but i'm sure there are dyno queen rb powered cars in japan too. point is 2jz and rb26 are making around the same amount of hp

but what i'm wondering is why is everyone comparing the rb26 to the 2jz? shouldn't it be being compared to the 1jz since they're more closely related?
Old 02-19-05, 02:00 PM
AllBoutDaZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by reamemiya
usually i agree what you have to say, but can't with this one. (this argument is probably more for a awd skyline more than that rb26 soarer.) here are some random thoughts.

so where the heck are you gonna go with 1520hp with street tires on a supra? where are you gonna go?no where! because your'e gona spin all day long or is the car gonna be running on the curcuit?
but look at people such as rh9 and exvitermini and their 9 second street cars on street tires.

the power in the u.s. isn't great because there is no supply of newer technology parts for the skyline. only the stuff japan makes... unlike the U.S. with their HUGE nice dual ball bearing turbo's. althought there one rb26 i know of using the gt42r making 900+ hp that would make a little over 1000+ if he ups the boost.

yesterday i was looking at those japanese r33 magazine yesterday saw plenty of numbers around 1000hp (1320 was the highest with a t88h-34d)but i'm sure there are dyno queen rb powered cars in japan too. point is 2jz and rb26 are making around the same amount of hp

but what i'm wondering is why is everyone comparing the rb26 to the 2jz? shouldn't it be being compared to the 1jz since they're more closely related?
because there is no way that the 1jz 2.5l can compare to the RB26 2.6l
the only one that can is the 2jz 3.0l and that is not fair because it has more displacement but the RB26 can still compare to it with less displacement
Old 02-19-05, 02:12 PM
ummagawd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

having owned an r32 (making around 470rwhp) and driving my friend's APU supra.... i'd have to go with the RB and here are "my" reasons:

-the RB sounded sexy as hell
-the motor felt lighter (aka rev happy) (this could also be due to the fact the r32 weighed less than the supra)
- and lastly... the RB sounded super sexy!

sorry.. if it isn't obvious i'm really in love with the way the RB sounds.... but just to throw everything in the pot.... i like the way a 1jz sounds the best..... yes even over the RB

anyways... those rims ARE volk te37's.... the reason why some of you don't think so is because most of you have never seen offsets like that, and most of you have never seen 19' te37s..... only 19' inch te37's spokes taper off (get slimmer) towards the outer part of the rim...... anything below 19's and the spokes simply stay the same width.

and before anyone tries to call me out on it.... here are pics of the same rims on my friend's G35:

Old 02-19-05, 02:16 PM
AllBoutDaZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ummagawd
having owned an r32 (making around 470rwhp) and driving my friend's APU supra.... i'd have to go with the RB and here are "my" reasons:

-the RB sounded sexy as hell
-the motor felt lighter (aka rev happy) (this could also be due to the fact the r32 weighed less than the supra)
- and lastly... the RB sounded super sexy!

sorry.. if it isn't obvious i'm really in love with the way the RB sounds.... but just to throw everything in the pot.... i like the way a 1jz sounds the best..... yes even over the RB

anyways... those rims ARE volk te37's.... the reason why some of you don't think so is because most of you have never seen offsets like that, and most of you have never seen 19' te37s..... only 19' inch te37's spokes taper off (get slimmer) towards the outer part of the rim...... anything below 19's and the spokes simply stay the same width.

and before anyone tries to call me out on it.... here are pics of the same rims on my friend's G35:

nice G35!!!
nice choice in wheels
Old 02-19-05, 02:18 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

because there is no way that the 1jz 2.5l can compare to the RB26 2.6l
the only one that can is the 2jz 3.0l and that is not fair because it has more displacement but the RB26 can still compare to it with less displacement
the "rb26" is actually 2558 cc or somehting like that...so it's actually closer to a 2.5
Old 02-19-05, 02:28 PM
Five1OH
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DIrEctQL

Chris
The RB26DETT has a better design advantage like 6 throttle bodies, a better flowing head, etc. The 2jz has a small displacement advantage of 0.4 liters. Sure you can stroke a RB26 to 2.7 liters or use a RB30, but you can also stroke a 2jzgte to 3.2 or 3.4 liters.
Would I swap a RB26DETT into a NA supra, sc300, etc over the 2jzgte? NO. Why? Because the 2JZGTE has a wider availability for parts in america compared to the RB26. If I was in japan, I would think different.
Ive seen RB26's with 1600 hp so both are just as capable

The skyline was praised more for its Attessa-pro 4wd system and its body and chassis design that proved to be miricales on the track rather then its RB26DETT engine.
Old 02-19-05, 02:39 PM
DIrEctQL

The reason why most people compare the two engine is because they came with two competing cars. If you say that 1JZ is not capable of the same power then you're prabably wrong. We will not know what are its full capabilities because it is not the popular choice for high power when a larger displacement engine is more widely available. Ever heard of the phraise "There is not replacement for displacement." Same applys to RB.

Chris
Old 02-19-05, 02:48 PM
DIrEctQL

Originally Posted by reamemiya

I understand what you're saying. That does not seem to be an issue for the owner of that car. Belive me. He has no problems. Also, that is 1520 rwhp.

No doubt a lot of people with any turbo car can do that. But the general reason why they don't is because the outcome may not be to their satisfaction.

Look at the post above.

[I feel like arguing lately]

Chris
Old 02-19-05, 04:41 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Cant we all just get along.

Quick Reply: Soarer with RB26!!