Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SC400 owners - Help Part 3 - OLT too!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-04, 04:02 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default SC400 owners - Help Part 2 - OLT too!!

Guys,

I just wrote out this whole thing with all of my pictures and then the damn thing said there were too many pictures and told me to go back. So I went back and the page was blank - so I just wasted 30 mins for no reason.

Therefore, to make sure the same thing doesn't happen again I will split them up into sections. DAMN IT!!!!!

This is a white plug to the right of the upper radiator hose on the drivers side.

OK, this plug is very close to the first one. it is sitting where the battery would be but it comes from closer to the firewall.

I will continue with the rest in another post.

Thx guys
Old 11-07-04, 04:08 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Default SC400 owners - Help Part 3 - OLT too!!

Guys,

I was unable to put all of these on 1 page so I have to do several - annoying I know - apologies. I am near the end of my install and would be incredibly grateful if someone could spare some time to help me locate the homes of these plugs. Thank you very much

OK, these next plugs are all located by the interior side of the firewall on the passenger side. This is close to where the ECU and ABS computer and everything else is.

These first ones are 2 grey plugs

This next one is awhile female plug. It is attached to the pass side wall and I cannot work out what. opr where the male plug is for this. It is a huge plug.

This final one I had to take with nightshot so it looks green. It is a tiny white plug that sits way up on the interior firewall, running off the same line as the plugs for the ECU. I cannot work out wehre it plugs into.

Pllllllease help!!!

Thank you for your time,
Jonny
Old 11-07-04, 04:16 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Default SC400 owners - Help Part 3 - OLT too!!

Apologies again for the several threads - but for some reason they wouldn't all fit on one page. Anyway, back to the story.

I am near the end of my install but have run into several hoses etc. that I cannot find homes for. Please help!!

it is self-explanatory where this line is located. There are 2 and I have a hose for one - but do not know where the other one should go

OK, the following ones confuse me. They are lcoated on the back of the fan ( closest to engine). They bolt vertically in with a large bolt. There are 2 of them and it looks like they shoulod piggy-back - but the bolt won't fit them both in and screw down. I know it is the right bolt as it is very unlike any others. Which one, or do both connect. If only one does, where does the other one go?

OK, next are a couple of hoses. These are sitting between the radiator and the engine. There are 2 of them.. I don't know if they connect together or what? There are no more places on the back of the radiator for them to go.

As soon as I get answers to all of these hopefully my car will be running again. Please help me if u can,

Thx guys,
Jonny

Last edited by Dx3; 11-07-04 at 04:18 PM.
Old 11-07-04, 04:48 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

the 2 lower hoses connect to the tranny lines.

as for the the picture above that, that line carries fuel, it needs to be connected to the fuel rail.

im sorry i dont have pics, i have a sc300.
Old 11-09-04, 07:01 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Eugene,

U win a set of steak knives!!! Thx man,

jonny
Old 11-09-04, 07:04 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Guys,

OK, I am down to just the hose that was in the last picture - the one that has 2 clamps on it. It runs from what looks like an oil cooler ( below drivers headlight.) There are 2 hoses that come from this cooler - one run to the fan area, so I am guessing the one I have left is a return. However, I can't find anywhere to plug it into. Pllllllllease help!! I am so close ai can almost smell my exhaust burning!!!

Peace,
Jonny
Old 11-09-04, 07:05 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

OK guys,

The 2 white ones are just open. Now I need to know where the grey plugs go - plllllllease!!

Peace,
jonny
Old 11-10-04, 10:00 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by vredniykot
i'll be down at the shop 'lil later on, i'll try to look it up, i bet you it's somwhere in that kick panel
Eugene,

I am thinking it goes to the TRAC ECU which was removed from my car I am guessing when the jackass screwed it up.

Lemme know

Peace,
jonny