ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Performance & Maintenance (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance-and-maintenance-33/)
-   -   what turbo kit for sc3 (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance-and-maintenance/108107-what-turbo-kit-for-sc3.html)

xBlkGs430x 01-22-04 06:28 AM

what turbo kit for sc3

i plan on going turbo with my 5spd. i've been looking at my options and its the DaveH kit or the Fmax kit. i want to run about 350-400 with the 2jzge. in the long run what kit is better and what kit would be best for the $$$$.

DIrEctQL 01-22-04 10:01 AM

Go with F-MAX because it's the most complete kit for your car. DaveH kit is great and inexpencive but you will need to purchase some more parts.

Chris

xBlkGs430x 01-22-04 12:47 PM

but after purchasing all the parts for the daveH will i be paying more than the fmax kit. and is the fmax kit able to produce 350-400rwhp. thanx for the help

aliga 01-22-04 01:52 PM

go daveh for the lower cost, but im partial since i got that kit!

DIrEctQL 01-22-04 02:08 PM

Originally posted by Ali Hamed
but after purchasing all the parts for the daveH will i be paying more than the fmax kit. and is the fmax kit able to produce 350-400rwhp. thanx for the help
F-MAX should be able to push 400 rwhp but I am not sure. You may need a boost controller.

Chris

xBlkGs430x 01-22-04 02:09 PM

it seems like the daveH would cost more after i get all the parts since i have to get the pipes, BOV, fmic..etc.

theman 01-22-04 02:38 PM

boostlogic also has a nice price on a complete kit, FMIC and all... Pretty close in price to Fmax but with a lot more bang for your buck. Much better setup IMHO also.

JDMJim 01-22-04 02:52 PM

I heard the TBKO kit came w/ intercooler, all pipes, fuel system, Greedy E manage and a new SS tubular header. That sounds like a REALLY complete kit? Just stating what I heard, I don't know quality or fitment, I have the GTE motor?

Jimmy

Bean 01-22-04 04:12 PM

the dave-h kit will easily make that amount of power... the fmax wont have an easy time of it; and it should be cheaper after all the parts than the fmax will be

if you want a full kit; get a boostlogic kit; its only $4500 and has the best header of them all...

xBlkGs430x 01-22-04 04:44 PM

i found the boostlogic kit. how much power can i make with that kit. and is there any other kits.
basically im looking for a complete kit to make 350-400. whats the best one for the price. im looking to spend arround 4,000 on the turbo kit.

Bean 01-23-04 02:36 PM

from what i hear the BL and DaveH kit can make similar power... looking around 450-500rwhp with the DaveH kit with the GN-based PT51 turbo he uses (which is pretty large)...
not sure on the BL kit but its "supposed" to be in the 400-450rwhp range...
and this is also numbers with tuning and correct supporting mods, etc...

SC300TURBO 01-25-04 02:38 PM

are you looking for a cheap kit or a quality kit that will make great hp and last for years to come?
toyomoto has a great kit that costs a litle more but is worth every penny and comes complete....with everything you need....
305-599-3050
www.toyomoto.com

Lex Luthor 01-25-04 02:50 PM

IMO Sound Performance has the best header around (the BL is very nice though bean), beautiful downpipe also, and their cust svc is second to none.....I call there and they all know me by my first name, and before that I was 'sir.' I can't say enough about their product or service. I'm with SC300TURBO though, in general if you want to go cheap, expect to get what you pay for...that is not a dig at Dave H, whom I have respect for.

racing fan 01-26-04 07:14 PM

Originally posted by Lex Luthor
IMO Sound Performance has the best header around (the BL is very nice though bean), beautiful downpipe also, and their cust svc is second to none.....I call there and they all know me by my first name, and before that I was 'sir.' I can't say enough about their product or service. I'm with SC300TURBO though, in general if you want to go cheap, expect to get what you pay for...that is not a dig at Dave H, whom I have respect for.
Hey Jon:)

Not that it matters for you.. but the BL header lets you keep the distributor while still allowing a 4" turbo inlet. And you can make however much power you want with the BL kit... depending on which turbo you choose:) and how much you want to spend on electronics, fuel, etc.

codetoad 10-27-04 12:29 AM

Exactly what does the Boost Logic kit include? From the descriptions ive seen, it seems they leave out the BOV and any electronics, and supplemental fuel items.