Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Good lexus mechanic in Portland?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-10, 09:35 PM
esssee400
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good lexus mechanic in Portland?

Where do some of you guys in oregon and southern washington get your work done? Whether it be a reliable mechanic for maintenance stuff, or tuning shops for performance mods, can somebody point me in the right direction? I'd apppreciate it.
Old 10-14-10, 07:33 AM
jrbump
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Zack at PRE is the former owner of my LS400. You can't go wrong with him or that shop:

http://www.preracing.com/home.html
Old 10-14-10, 12:10 PM
esssee400
Driver School Candidate

Thanks. Appreciate it.
Old 10-15-10, 06:04 PM
VinnyQH
Lead Lap

i took my lexus to VIP performance. They did my 1j swap. super clean.

503-257-1110
Old 11-09-10, 07:28 PM
GrainGripn
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by esssee400
Where do some of you guys in oregon and southern washington get your work done? Whether it be a reliable mechanic for maintenance stuff, or tuning shops for performance mods, can somebody point me in the right direction? I'd apppreciate it.
Hey whats going on? New to this forum, matter of fact think is my first post. If you're still looking for a good mechanic in the Portland area - throw me a PM. One of my best friends is a certified Tech for McCords Toyota, been there over 5 years and definitely knows his way around toyota / lexus. Does ALL my work on the LS.
Old 05-27-14, 02:17 PM
Lex41510
Rookie

Hows it going folks, just curious if anyone knows a good mechanic in the greater Portland/Southern Washington area who is honest and does good work.

Looking to have my timing belt and water pump replaced, and would really like a reputable mechanic who is willing to do some side work.

Thanks again guys

2000 Lexus GS300
Old 05-30-14, 11:49 PM
13loody
Pole Position

I'm also looking for a good mechanic in the Portland/Clackamas area. I could use some help on my caster arm bushings replacement and leaking power steering issue.

1999 Lexus GS400
Old 05-03-23, 04:45 AM
SAfrican
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Bumpin this old post for any shops/ mechanics in the Portland/Southern Washington area. Thanks.
Old 06-26-23, 07:52 PM
stag3
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Same, i'll be moving up to Vancouver, WA by years end and am bringing my rcf with me, sucks to leave my mechanic of 20 years so looking for a trustworthy mechanic in the vancouver/portland area.
Old 07-07-23, 11:29 AM
Lexbefree
9th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stag3
Same, i'll be moving up to Vancouver, WA by years end and am bringing my rcf with me, sucks to leave my mechanic of 20 years so looking for a trustworthy mechanic in the vancouver/portland area.
If you need a good mechanic in Vancouver WA, I can recommend one. He runs his business out of his house and has a 2-bay shop in the back. He is a licensed, insured mechanic and just a very knowledgeable guy. I am EXTRMELY picky with mechanics and he is the only person I will take my vehicles to when it's stuff I cant do, don't have time, or cant figure something out. He is typically a month or so booked out and definitely isn't the cheapest but again, very knowledgeable and just honest in general, which seems rare these days. I have had him work on my lex, BMW, and a few of my Mercedes. He is equally skilled in doing quality OEM work as well as aftermarket/performance mods. He also doesn't care if you provide your own parts or you want him to order, and will let you know if he has experience (good or bad) with a particular brand. He was the one that ultimately convinced me to buy my IS350 after one of my MB got totaled. Needless to say, I have no regrets on that purchase.

Company: Magnuson Motors
Owner: Charles Magnuson
Phone: 3602814450

Also, if you need a hand wrenching, troubleshooting, etc. feel free to message me, I am a bit of an amateur mechanic and enjoy helping other people out. I live about 10 miles N of Vancouver.
Old 07-07-23, 11:41 AM
stag3
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexbefree
If you need a good mechanic in Vancouver WA, I can recommend one. He runs his business out of his house and has a 2-bay shop in the back. He is a licensed, insured mechanic and just a very knowledgeable guy. I am EXTRMELY picky with mechanics and he is the only person I will take my vehicles to when it's stuff I cant do, don't have time, or cant figure something out. He is typically a month or so booked out and definitely isn't the cheapest but again, very knowledgeable and just honest in general, which seems rare these days. I have had him work on my lex, BMW, and a few of my Mercedes. He is equally skilled in doing quality OEM work as well as aftermarket/performance mods. He also doesn't care if you provide your own parts or you want him to order, and will let you know if he has experience (good or bad) with a particular brand. He was the one that ultimately convinced me to buy my IS350 after one of my MB got totaled. Needless to say, I have no regrets on that purchase.

Company: Magnuson Motors
Owner: Charles Magnuson
Phone: 3602814450

Also, if you need a hand wrenching, troubleshooting, etc. feel free to message me, I am a bit of an amateur mechanic and enjoy helping other people out. I live about 10 miles N of Vancouver.
Awesome, thank you man, this is exactly what I was looking for as I'm picky who I want to work on my cars (both lexus's)