NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Remote starter 2018 NX

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-18, 08:04 PM
Elation
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I can't say aftermarket one is better since I've never had one to compare.
Ask your Lexus dealer if they offer an aftermarket alternative and what the range is.
Old 01-18-19, 09:26 AM
yvan_es350
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Lexus Start+ Genuine Long Range Remote Engine Starter

finally got the long awaiting for LEXUS START+ GENUINE LONG RANGE REMOTE ENGINE STARTER installed from my dealership (Ottawa/Gatineau Region) on my:

Canadian, Lexus 2018, NX 300, with Executive Package, manufactured date: 03/18.

Part Number for the remote on the invoice is: PK5A0-78JSM, LONG RANGE RES

The long range remote works as expected, and both OEM fobs got activated and also work as expected.
Old 01-19-19, 10:18 PM
nigel821
Racer

Received 752 Likes on 468 Posts
Arrow

Welp, just got done installing the remote starter from the previous page. Took me about an hour. Longest part was finding the SLP connector and making sure I had the right BCM connector... at first I couldn't really locate them.

The BCM connector is at the bottom when you are looking up from the footwell. It's the middle 30 pin connector. Simply unplug and then plug the t harness in, and plug the other end into it. Done.

The SLP connector is under the steering column. Bit of a pain to get to.
Attached picture and threads to help.

I used this video to find the SLP connector and to remove the lower steering column trim piece.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9fk...ature=youtu.be

Directed info. The kit I have came with the db3 module and not a DBALL. But this helps none the less in terms of connectors/location.
https://directechs.blob.core.windows...nf20170824.pdf

If I were to install again it would probably take me half the time. Easy peasy, and now I don't ever have to **** with a subscription service to start the vehicle. Which is how it should have been from the factory.

-Nigel
The following users liked this post:
jonnyyaa (01-20-19)
Old 01-20-19, 11:59 AM
Lex2000TL
Intermediate

Received 94 Likes on 70 Posts

Nigel, how much was this starter kit, if you don't mind to share? I have something just like that (do not know all components and details) installed in my NX by an installer for about $250.
Thanks,
Old 01-20-19, 04:31 PM
nigel821
Racer

Arrow

Originally Posted by Lex2000TL
Nigel, how much was this starter kit, if you don't mind to share? I have something just like that (do not know all components and details) installed in my NX by an installer for about $250.
Thanks,
This is what I bought:
https://www.12volt.solutions/product...-kit-smart-key

It was $289. Then after a coupon they sent me because I didn't immediately check out. I got it for $268. If I didn't have to pay for sihpping (damn you amazon spoiling us all) it would have been $260.

Three clicks on the key fob and it starts right up. Three more clicks and it shuts it off Retains all factory setting in regards to if you open the door or tough the brake pedal the car shuts off to prevent someone stealing the car.

-Nigel
Old 01-20-19, 06:52 PM
ross7777
Lead Lap

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by nigel821
This is what I bought:
https://www.12volt.solutions/product...-kit-smart-key

It was $289. Then after a coupon they sent me because I didn't immediately check out. I got it for $268. If I didn't have to pay for sihpping (damn you amazon spoiling us all) it would have been $260.

Three clicks on the key fob and it starts right up. Three more clicks and it shuts it off Retains all factory setting in regards to if you open the door or tough the brake pedal the car shuts off to prevent someone stealing the car.

-Nigel
I really wish there was some sort of bypass device you could install to prevent it from shutting off. Other brands don't do this.
Old 01-20-19, 07:02 PM
Lex2000TL
Intermediate

Received 94 Likes on 70 Posts

Thank you. What is your range? I am only getting about 25 yards, or 30, if lucky.
Old 01-20-19, 10:16 PM
nigel821
Racer

Arrow

Originally Posted by ross7777
I really wish there was some sort of bypass device you could install to prevent it from shutting off. Other brands don't do this.
Totally agree. I know aftermarket stuff lets you just put the key in and go. My truck, and wife's solara do this. That remote start is Avital brand. The kit I have on our mercedes is by midcity engineering and also lets you do this. Turn the key and you drive off.
My sisters honda fit however does what our lexus does. Open a door. Car shuts off. I think it's mainly due to liability if it's coming from the manufacture or considered some type of stupid safety feature.. Who knows? If there was a way to disable this that would be sweet. I am sure there is probably a work around somewhere floating out there but maybe not. It does kind of defeat the purpose to me of remote start but it is what it is I guess.

I haven't tested range yet but it works fine from inside the house when he nx is parked in the driveway. If you want more range hold the keyfob up to your head and push the button... you'll gain 40' or so by doing that..lol I asked her if she used the enform app a lot to turn the car on from her phone if she was at work. She stated she did it maybe a handful of times so it wasn't a big deal to her to not have that with this remote start. One can opt to get an antenna and service to use their phone. But at that point why not just use enform..lol
Only time I use remote start is when I wake up and it's freezing outside or snow on the windshield and I start the car up to start defrosting so I don't have to scrape the window. Or if I am at work I will walk to the window where I park, start my truck gather my things and then leave, by time I get to my truck it's warm.

-Nigel
Old 01-22-19, 02:13 PM
kubakj
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by yvan_es350
finally got the long awaiting for LEXUS START+ GENUINE LONG RANGE REMOTE ENGINE STARTER installed from my dealership (Ottawa/Gatineau Region) on my:

Canadian, Lexus 2018, NX 300, with Executive Package, manufactured date: 03/18.

Part Number for the remote on the invoice is: PK5A0-78JSM, LONG RANGE RES

The long range remote works as expected, and both OEM fobs got activated and also work as expected.

Is this remote starter available in the USA for NX2019 (pre-October delivery )? I have remote started from the cell phone, but I have no reception in my garage under the condo building and I would prefer to remote it from a key fob.
Old 01-23-19, 01:58 AM
yvan_es350
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Unknown if this Canadian long range remote is available for the US. You would need to ask your dealer. It took near 6 months to have mine. My dealership did a great job in helping me thru Lexus Canada. Additional details for the remote should soon be available (February) on the Canadian Lexus web site.

Last edited by yvan_es350; 01-23-19 at 02:03 AM.
Old 02-12-19, 04:35 PM
Dayclone
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone I've been following this thread and reading about the aftermarket solution that Nigel posted about the 12voltsolution kit.

I also found one from Fortin https://fortin.ca/en/vehicles/lexus/...push-to-start/ that has this ability but I'm not sure what sort of programming is involved.
They also supply an add-on where you can use a smartphone app without a subscription.

Does anyone have any experience with the Fortin kit?

Steven
Old 02-20-22, 10:32 AM
xrogomo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much did this service cost you and how long did it take to be ready?

I am looking into getting it myself! Thank you!
Old 02-20-22, 04:16 PM
Lexuswiz
Instructor

Received 178 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Dayclone
Hey everyone I've been following this thread and reading about the aftermarket solution that Nigel posted about the 12voltsolution kit.

I also found one from Fortin https://fortin.ca/en/vehicles/lexus/...push-to-start/ that has this ability but I'm not sure what sort of programming is involved.
They also supply an add-on where you can use a smartphone app without a subscription.

Does anyone have any experience with the Fortin kit?

Steven
I have installed and used Fortin on many different cars and have it on my own Audi Q5 and Scion iM, 12v kit for my NX. They work almost identical and still has that stupid quirk where whenever you open any door the remote start cuts off.

Programming is different from 12v who is now using mostly Voxx/DEI but it's not hard. And yes, you can add one their own long range remotes or module for app based remote start. I went with 12v as I used my own Viper SmartStart module on my NX and at the time they were using DEI DBALL3's for the bypass which would integrate nicely.