Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2015 up NX300H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX300H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other first generation NX models.

2018 Lexus NX 300h AWD Luxury Package vs. 2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid LUXE AWD

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-17, 07:57 AM
Curryolla
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Lex2000TL
Firstly, great set of cars and all, as it seems, in good shape, or at least have been taken care off. Kudos to you/your dad.

You've been driving Accord for 167K miles and should expect some maintenance issues here and there. Switches that are use frequently to be replaced, leather torn on driver seat or arm rest, etc. This is normal wear and tear. Some people have more and others have less of these issues, but it is not abnormal for 9 year old car with that mileage to show its age.

Regarding oil consumption: Honda sold about 15 million Accords in the US alone, and about 373,000 in 2008. I am sure there are some with engine problems. The website you referred to shows that there are 375 complains about oil consumption for 2008 Accord. This is 0.1% of total Accords sold that year. We do not know how many of these because of poor maintenance, and I am sure there are some.

Any automaker will be proud to have 0.1% defects, as Honda has. For comparison, Audi/Volkswagen had lawsuit as most of their engines consumed oil at ridiculous rates. Toyota was known for engine sludge issues in early days. Honda was never known for oil consumption.

I owned two Acuras 3.2TL. Each was driven pretty hard and lived for many miles. One is still running strong (sold it to somebody I know). Both racked up ton of miles (well over 100K). Both cars never burned oil. Not even a drop of it. However, Honda cars are indeed known for front brakes issue (mostly warping rotors).

http://carsalesbase.com/us-car-sales.../honda-accord/
Thanks for the compliment!

I agree, wear and tear is expected...but the Accord seems to have fared worse than all my other cars. I guess my expectations are too high, but I was expecting a well maintained car to survive the hardship of 167,000 miles a little better. Whatever the case...we want trade the Accord in!

So...back on topic...Q50 or NX? I also found out yesterday that 0% is only available on the Q50 this month and Infiniti plans to up to 1.9% or 2.9% next month!
Old 10-14-17, 05:58 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

That 0% interest seems really good - free money, but don't be fooled. The final price of the vehicle takes that financing cost into account. Both are solid vehicles. I would really think it boils down to which one really speaks to you at this point. As you have already stated, pure logic suggests the Lexus may be the better choice, but the Infinity may come closer to hitting your hot button. I would follow your heart or you may be disappointed.
Old 10-14-17, 07:21 PM
Curryolla
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Ward6096
That 0% interest seems really good - free money, but don't be fooled. The final price of the vehicle takes that financing cost into account. Both are solid vehicles. I would really think it boils down to which one really speaks to you at this point. As you have already stated, pure logic suggests the Lexus may be the better choice, but the Infinity may come closer to hitting your hot button. I would follow your heart or you may be disappointed.
Hahaha...following my heart has always been a problem for me! I tend to over analyze everything. But, I guess it boils down to do I want something practical (NX) or something fun/sporty (Q50). Anyone know if there is any chance to get 0.9% financing on a 2018 NX? I don't think it will be possible since the 2017's are at 2.9% right now.

As of today, after some negotiation, the dealership is offering me the Q50 Hybrid with MSRP of $54,170 for $47,888 and 0% financing...which I think is a really good deal. I'm a Lexus/Toyota fanboy, so that's what my heart says but my family thinks the Q50 is worth it. It also does not help that Mom and I really like the NX and Dad and brother really like the Q50. Other than reliability, I haven't heard a decent argument against the Q50. Plus, we are planning to get an extend warranty without a doubt. I'm planning to finalize my decision on October 28th...so the more opinions/experiences, the better.

I wonder if anyone on the forum has a Q50 and a NX?