NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

How can I check that I bought which warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-17, 08:36 PM
heoksta
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How can I check that I bought which warranty?

When I bought my car, I purchased extended warranty (ELITE) which included GAP, STONE-X, VEHICLE SERVICE CONTRACT, ROAD HAZARD, PAINTLESS DENT REMOVAL, LO JACK, and Enviro Guard.

I paid about $ 700 per month for this one and I am just wondering that does this warranty cover regular maintenance cost?

I think it does, but when I call my dealer shop, it feels like they do not want to answer this question.

Last time I went there to repair a small dent and they did not even tell me that I am having warranty.
Old 08-14-17, 06:12 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,017 Likes on 695 Posts

Originally Posted by heoksta

I paid about $ 700 per month for this one and I am just wondering that does this warranty cover regular maintenance cost?
I could be misunderstanding what you have said, but, are you saying that you are paying $700 just for those add-on warranties? If that is the case, they should be sending a crew to your house every day to service the car and to wash and wax it, and they should be sending along a gourmet chef to make you breakfast that you can eat while you are watching them work on your car.

When I bought my car, I purchased extended warranty (ELITE) which included GAP, STONE-X, VEHICLE SERVICE CONTRACT, ROAD HAZARD, PAINTLESS DENT REMOVAL, LO JACK, and Enviro Guard.

To answer your question, I would guess that the "service contract" part of the package includes routine recommended maintenance.

For future reference, you should know that those add on warranty packages are huge profit makers for the dealerships. Typically, the mark-up on those packages is several hundred percent over their cost to the dealership, and the likelihood that you will recover claims that are even a small fraction of what you paid is very small. Even if the $700 per month includes the payment for the car itself (I hope it does), I'm sure that the dealership is making a huge profit from the package of those warranties.
Old 08-14-17, 12:04 PM
kent2174
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

I think it does, but when I call my dealer shop, it feels like they do not want to answer this question.

Last time I went there to repair a small dent and they did not even tell me that I am having warranty.
Assuming the warranty, etc are Lexus products, not dealer, you can call Lexus Financial to confirm details, etc. I found them very helpful.