NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

How in the world do you figure out if and NX has DRCC,

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-17, 06:04 PM
SharonRS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How in the world do you figure out if and NX has DRCC,

I have been researching and shopping in Florida for a 2015 NX. The Lexus dealers here are telling me that no 2015 has the LDA. And only on rare occasion can you find one that has the DRCC. I would also like the collision advance braking system that I don't believe is part of the DRCC. I am willing to ship the car here. What I need to know is how do you know if the car has these features. Is there an icon on the steering wheel or some sort of identifiable indicator on the dash?

Thanks
Sharon
Old 08-03-17, 06:45 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,017 Likes on 695 Posts

If an NX has the various safety features, each of those items should show up as separate option items on the vehicle's window sticker.

The auto-dimming mirrors, blind spot monitor, rear cross traffic monitor, and intuitive parking assist are packaged together as a $660 option. LED headlights, auto high beam, and lane departure alert are combined together as a $1410 option, and the pre-collision system with all-speed cruise control is a $900 option. Typically, the only NX that were built with those safety features were ones that also have the Luxury package with real leather seats and other features. The Luxury Package should show on the window sticker as a $4765 option. Again, if it isn't a Luxury Package NX, the probability of it having the complete package of safety features is virtually non-existent.

Unfortunately, not many of the 2017 NX were built with the full package of all of the safety features (and the Luxury Package). At the very beginning of the model year, there was a small production run of cars with those features, and there was another small production run of NX with those features at the very end of the production of 2017 NX. In between, NXs with the Luxury Package and all of the safety features were not being built. Just in the last few weeks, the dealers have gotten delivery of those vehicles produced in the last production run for the year, but if they got any with all of the safety features and Luxury Package, it was likely only 1 or 2, and there is a good chance that they have been sold by now.

Since very few NX were built with the Luxury Package and with the safety features, dealers know how rare they are, and they are not likely to offer nearly the same level of discounting as on the more common Premium Package NX without the safety features.

Some of that should change for the 2018 models because the Safety + Package will be standard on all NX for the 2018 model year.

Last edited by lesz; 08-03-17 at 06:50 PM.
Old 08-03-17, 07:37 PM
jimbug
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

He is essentially right. I believe the only LDA I found was on a 2016 model when searching for my RX300 replacement. I did find a 2015 with the PCS pre-collision system & DRCC Dynamic Range Cruise Control. It wasn't easy to find that one as I was looking for AWD as well and CPO. My 2015 NX200t has the Luxury Package and yet no LDA.

I can't recommend getting a Certified Pre-Owned Lexus more highly. Imagine being able to buy a majorly discounted 2015 NX200t with 47,000 miles that still has four years of unlimited mileage warranty plus two years or 20,000 mile of free maintenance included!

Last edited by jimbug; 08-03-17 at 07:45 PM.
Old 08-04-17, 04:10 PM
Koetsu
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jimbug
He is essentially right. I believe the only LDA I found was on a 2016 model when searching for my RX300 replacement. I did find a 2015 with the PCS pre-collision system & DRCC Dynamic Range Cruise Control. It wasn't easy to find that one as I was looking for AWD as well and CPO. My 2015 NX200t has the Luxury Package and yet no LDA. <snip>
I'm afraid the dealer is incorrect. My 2015 NX200t with the Luxury package has the LDAS with steering assist, DRCC, PCS, BSM, and Rear Cross Traffic Alert. It is a truly complete US spec NX with heated and ventilated leather seating, LED headlights, etc. The LDAS is activated with a switch on the right side of the steering wheel. So, they are out there ... just not common.

Last edited by Koetsu; 08-05-17 at 07:58 AM.
Old 08-06-17, 08:15 AM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Unfortunately, for the first couple of years of production of the NX you had to custom order DRCC. I assume that most owners like myself opted to buy from the lot rather than wait two months for a custom built car.

So in a nutshell, yeah, they are extremely rare.

To tell, if the car has DRCC, the very last, bottom button on the steering wheel will have the car icon with radar range indicators...as shown in the pic. Cars without DRCC will have that button blank.

Last edited by tresmith00; 08-06-17 at 08:20 AM.
The following users liked this post:
astinus4 (08-06-17)
Old 08-07-17, 07:34 PM
DampDuffer
Intermediate

Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts

Some like and some dislke Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, but I love it!

When on a whim I purchased my 2017 F-Sport off the lot, I figured it just had the regular old "vanilla" cruise control and was surprised when the car started changing speed to stay within the flow of traffic when I drove it home.

After learning to trust the system and adjust the spacing from the car ahead, I now find I am much more rested and relaxed at the end of a long journey because I no longer have to brake or continual have to turn the cruise control off and on.

If you can find an NX with DRCC, I believe you'll find the search and the wait was worth the effort.
Old 08-10-17, 01:06 PM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Koetsu
I'm afraid the dealer is incorrect. My 2015 NX200t with the Luxury package has the LDAS with steering assist, DRCC, PCS, BSM, and Rear Cross Traffic Alert. It is a truly complete US spec NX with heated and ventilated leather seating, LED headlights, etc. The LDAS is activated with a switch on the right side of the steering wheel. So, they are out there ... just not common.
The NX 200t only had that LDA available with a special package that had the triple LED headlamps. SUPER RARE, and usually a SPECIAL ORDER car.
Could you post or PM me your VIN#? I'm curious to see the window sticker. Thanks.
Old 08-13-17, 02:30 PM
Koetsu
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tsopranoMB
The NX 200t only had that LDA available with a special package that had the triple LED headlamps. SUPER RARE, and usually a SPECIAL ORDER car.
Could you post or PM me your VIN#? I'm curious to see the window sticker. Thanks.
PM sent with VIN. Please let me know if you received it.
Thanks.
Old 08-13-17, 05:57 PM
Suspendmix
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

When I purchased my NX F-Sport the other day, I initially thought I was purchasing a vehicle with all the safety systems - pre-collision, BSM, radar and what I thought was lane departure - LDA. The vehicle spec sheet most dealers sent me had LDA on it but when it came time to purchase this one dealer's window sticker didn't show it. I asked the saleslady whether the car I was buying had lane departure assist and she said no NX had it for 2017. I told her that couldn't be the case because the spec sheet had LDA and the other NX I was looking at with another dealer had LDA. While they went to research it, I called the other dealer up and asked if they had lane departure on the car and he also said none of the NX's came with lane departure. So I asked him why the LDA shows up on his spec sheet, along with a $595 dealer fee. He told me that LDA wasn't lane departure, it was Lexus Dealer Advertising fee! He was incredulous when I told him I wasn't going to pay for his advertising and asked him to take it off. He wouldn't so I went with the saleslady who didn't have LDA =)