NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Cravenspeed Platypus License Plate Mount relocate

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-17, 12:11 PM
GeeMC
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Cravenspeed Platypus License Plate Mount relocate

Figured I would write a post. Decided I wanted to get rid of the dealer installed front plate and went looking for a front plate relocate.

Surprisingly not that many choices. Some ebay ones and then I found the Cravenspeed Platypus License Plate Mount relocate available here: https://www.cravenspeed.com/lexus-pl...ws#ProductTabs

I hummed and hawed about spending soo much on a license plate holder. But in the end, I decided to pay for quality. As you can see in the pictures, the materials and finish are top notch. Little touches like the stainless steel bolts were nice as I live in Canada where we use salt and sand in our streets. These bolts will stay nice.

Easy to install, a bit pricey but it was worth it. This thing is solid. Pictures below. I'm happy with it as now the spindle grille really stands out.
Attached Thumbnails Cravenspeed Platypus License Plate Mount relocate-snapchat-189284119.jpg   Cravenspeed Platypus License Plate Mount relocate-snapchat-1368836571.jpg   Cravenspeed Platypus License Plate Mount relocate-snapchat-1294955624.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
DampDuffer (07-07-17)
Old 07-07-17, 04:11 PM
DampDuffer
Intermediate

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

I've seen quite a few of these relocated plates lately here in the PNW. Thanks for the post, picture and link....at some point I may go that route, but for now I've decided to just continue to take my chances and not have the required front plate attached to the car.

When I bought the F-Sport my dealer said they do not attach the plate to the front grill unless specifically asked to do so by the customer.

When no one is in the passenger seat, I just put the plate up on the right side of the dash where it is held firmly in place behind the windshield molding with no rattling or wobbling, but I am a little concerned what might happen if someone rear-ends me at high speed....
Old 07-08-17, 12:59 AM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

I didn't want to drill holes in the front of my NX (non-FS), so I mounted my license plate as shown in this thread.

Old 07-08-17, 01:04 AM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

... or you could use something like this retractable mount:

Old 07-08-17, 07:39 AM
LHLXD
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Cravenspeed plates

I had those cravenspeed plates on my car for a year now a day they are great however, in some rainy, snow and bumpy days, the sensors on the bumper react to it and it and keeps beeping. Spoke to craven speed about it and they told me to bend and angle the plate more which I did. However same result. Spoke to them again after a year of frustration and they were very helpful on the phone and sent me an extension plate to see if it will work and told me to tell them if that still doesn't work, they will investigate on it. Going to receive the extensions today, hopefully I can install them by today. In the meantime this is how it looks like on mine.
Old 07-13-17, 06:33 AM
LHLXD
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Got the extension but was limited to maneuvering the license plate location. Was able to get a spot where the sensor doesn't beep but I'll have to see how it holds up for now. Right now it's angled all the way to the point where it's almost touching my bumper.

​​​​​​