NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Fully loaded NX vs. Partially loaded GLC

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-17, 07:01 PM
Confusedd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The OP (me) is from ON but I guess there's another guy with the name Confused lol.
He sort of took over the thread but it's ok lol.
Old 06-02-17, 08:49 PM
jayinco
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OP - you're original comparison is GLC vs. NX, right?

NX wins at back seat room, cargo space, and predicted reliability (same goes for Infiniti QX30 which is same car, but MUCH better looking, my opinion).
GLC wins at driving dynamics.
Which is more important for you?
A LOT of people want to buy a BMW, or a Mercedes, or a ??????, just because they want to own that brand. But at what cost.
Styling (exterior and interior) is all objective and can change (I bought my 09 TSX even though I didn't like the front beak.....loved the way it drove).
To your Pros and Cons:
Yep, rear vision in the NX sucks (compared to the TSX)
I agree...Toyota/Lexus turbo engines have a very short lifetime (along with every other auto manufacturer)
I agree...turbo lag sucks in the NX....didn't drive the QX30/GLC as comparison. But, all small displacement turbos I have driven act similarly. I don't like it!
You mention styling multiple times.....is that your number one priority???
NX Nav - didn't get it so can't say.....I'm old school, I have Rand McNally and a Garmin. saved $1800.
NX Power - Compared to my TSX at 6000 feet......NX is much faster (mid-range only...TSX beats it off the line).
What are the "standard safety features" you're referring to? For me (when I get in the car I drive), all the lane departure, blind spot, BS things are irrelevant.

Sounds to me like you should get the GLC (then do it). What are you worried about?
Old 06-03-17, 06:43 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by jayinco
OP - you're original comparison is GLC vs. NX, right?

NX wins at back seat room, cargo space, and predicted reliability (same goes for Infiniti QX30 which is same car, but MUCH better looking, my opinion).
GLC wins at driving dynamics.
Which is more important for you?
A LOT of people want to buy a BMW, or a Mercedes, or a ??????, just because they want to own that brand. But at what cost.
Styling (exterior and interior) is all objective and can change (I bought my 09 TSX even though I didn't like the front beak.....loved the way it drove).
To your Pros and Cons:
Yep, rear vision in the NX sucks (compared to the TSX)
I agree...Toyota/Lexus turbo engines have a very short lifetime (along with every other auto manufacturer)
I agree...turbo lag sucks in the NX....didn't drive the QX30/GLC as comparison. But, all small displacement turbos I have driven act similarly. I don't like it!
You mention styling multiple times.....is that your number one priority???
NX Nav - didn't get it so can't say.....I'm old school, I have Rand McNally and a Garmin. saved $1800.
NX Power - Compared to my TSX at 6000 feet......NX is much faster (mid-range only...TSX beats it off the line).
What are the "standard safety features" you're referring to? For me (when I get in the car I drive), all the lane departure, blind spot, BS things are irrelevant.

Sounds to me like you should get the GLC (then do it). What are you worried about?
The MB GLA and Infiniti QX30 share the same platform. The GLC is larger than the GLA/QX30 cousins. The alphabet soup does get confusing.
Old 06-04-17, 07:28 AM
McM61
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just for your information the GLC does not have a spare tire. The NX does.