NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Automatically lock doors?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-15, 07:20 AM
ho52806
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Automatically lock doors?

Does anyone know if the NX will automatically lock doors after certain period say 30 seconds once you walk away? With the keyfob in your pocket of coarse.

My C6 vette would do that and its a nice feature. As long as you had keyfob, you could have it set to automatically lock doors as you walked away. I miss that.

I also bought the Carista app and didn't notice it was there.
Old 11-02-15, 08:55 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ho52806
Does anyone know if the NX will automatically lock doors after certain period say 30 seconds once you walk away? With the keyfob in your pocket of coarse.

My C6 vette would do that and its a nice feature. As long as you had keyfob, you could have it set to automatically lock doors as you walked away. I miss that.

If you use the fob to unlock the doors but don't open any of them, they relock after 30 seconds. Other than that, no.
Old 11-02-15, 09:21 AM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I would love that feature too.

Chevy might own the patent to that feature or something cause I don't recall any other auto maker having that feature.
Old 11-02-15, 11:03 AM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

I, too, owned a Volt and loved that feature! I can't tell you how many times I've walked away from my NX only to return with it unlocked!

I also just purchased the Carista app and was looking for that setting—to no avail. So I'm assuming that it is a GM intellectual property item.
Old 11-02-15, 11:07 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by tresmith00
I would love that feature too.

Chevy might own the patent to that feature or something cause I don't recall any other auto maker having that feature.
It would be a nice feature for Lexus to add. Definitely not owned by GM.

When my friend was showing me his new Mazda6, he was surprised my Lexus didn't have the auto locking feature like mentioned.
Old 11-02-15, 11:25 AM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
It would be a nice feature for Lexus to add. Definitely not owned by GM.

When my friend was showing me his new Mazda6, he was surprised my Lexus didn't have the auto locking feature like mentioned.
It still could be a GM patent and that they license that feature to Mazda, or any other cars that have it.

That's how many companies create revenue. Invent something, patent it, allow others to use it for a fee.
Old 11-03-15, 10:20 AM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Originally Posted by NXOwner
I, too, owned a Volt and loved that feature! I can't tell you how many times I've walked away from my NX only to return with it unlocked!

I also just purchased the Carista app and was looking for that setting—to no avail. So I'm assuming that it is a GM intellectual property item.
I, too, have walked away from my NX only to get a bunch of alerts on my phone that the doors are unlocked. lol

Then I use the app to lock them.

I'm going to have to maintain that lexus enform subscription just for that feature.
Old 11-03-15, 06:00 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

I, too, have walked away from my NX only to get a bunch of alerts on my phone that the doors are unlocked. lol

I'm going to have to maintain that lexus enform subscription just for that feature.
it's ok, once you let the enform subscription lapse...no more emails...
Old 11-03-15, 06:03 PM
computerwi
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Wow. That could get really annoying... What if the car is parked at home? Does the phone app use location to track the distance between you and the vehicle?
Old 11-04-15, 07:55 AM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Originally Posted by computerwi
Wow. That could get really annoying... What if the car is parked at home? Does the phone app use location to track the distance between you and the vehicle?
Nope.

You can disable the alerts if you're really annoyed by it.

I guess it can get annoying to get an email that your car is unlocked every 5 minutes but this is one annoyance that I can deal with. If it keeps me from leaving my car unlocked or windows down, I'm all for it.