NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX "LAG" issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-14, 04:21 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Took the car for a test drive last weekend. For the size of the turbo, and the relatively low boost its providing, I didn't find there to be a huge boost lag issue. I did however, notice that if you had the car on SPORT, and then hit the gas hard, and at the same time, knocked drive mode back to NORMAL, the car lost almost all the boost and fell on its face. The opposite was true also, as it would regain the boost.

Overall, for what the car is, I'm ok with the amount of lag that exists in normal driving situations. When going from a stop light under moderate throttle, the car had no problem getting up and going. So unless you're trying to hit your 0-60 time light to light, I think you're belly aching on a non-issue.
Old 12-31-14, 05:46 AM
tekbiss
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Swacer
Took the car for a test drive last weekend. For the size of the turbo, and the relatively low boost its providing, I didn't find there to be a huge boost lag issue. I did however, notice that if you had the car on SPORT, and then hit the gas hard, and at the same time, knocked drive mode back to NORMAL, the car lost almost all the boost and fell on its face. The opposite was true also, as it would regain the boost.

Overall, for what the car is, I'm ok with the amount of lag that exists in normal driving situations. When going from a stop light under moderate throttle, the car had no problem getting up and going. So unless you're trying to hit your 0-60 time light to light, I think you're belly aching on a non-issue.
I agree...turbo lag is very negligible. The engine has a twin scroll turbo, not that it has 2 turbos but rather one for the low end or for low revs and the other for the higher end revs which makes it "seamless" when accelerating. That was how it was explained to me by the dealership when I test drove it the first time
Old 01-04-15, 03:20 PM
Levi68
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are lag issues "reported" by you NX 200t owners or by reviews? If by reviews, just don't pay attention to that BS. When a Lexus has NA engine, it lacks torque, when it has FI engine, it has lag.

Any of the highly praised German turbocharged vehicles has lag, especially all those diesel cars which customers like for the torque and "instant" kick.