NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Official Lexus NX thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-14, 11:50 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
AndyL, I believe the courtesy light is there too, they might have placed underneath perhaps.

People are already flirting with the NX design. Three-door NX?

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2014/4/1...or-NX-7719813/
Yeah,I caught this link when using ZITE as well.

It is a good sign for Lexus as NX indeed has received some good attention. I hope they make great effort (just like what they did with 2014 IS except some shortcomings in F Sport) in brining attractive packages and features to US and Canada.
Old 04-17-14, 11:56 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by spwolf

http://lexusenthusiast.com/2014/04/1...a-parking-lot/

NX looks awesome next to other cars
Really great shots. The non LED headlights look good as well. But in other words, we are still far from the stage where Lexus makes LED headlights as standard equipment in models sold in US & Canada (judging from the car is a NA model).

The current RX is one example. There is not such HID option for the current RX in Japan -- only LED headlights.

On the other hand, judging from better availability of LED headlights in CT after the facelift, I would think LED headlight might be quite accessible in lower packages.
Old 04-17-14, 01:57 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 584 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
not blaming lexus, but seems weak to me as the 1999 RX i bought had a 220HP V6 i believe. now all we get is a turbo 4 banger with slightly more power. thanks govts.
Current gas prices don't help either. Sign of the times unfortunately

as for sunglass holder - i'd bet 99% of people who have this feature NEVER use it. as for heated rear seats, there's not that many vehicles period that have this feature. and again, i expect you are in a tiny, tiny minority for whom this feature is important.
The sunglasses holder in my IS don't fit my glasses and they aren't even that big.

Here's his instagram photo. A little small, but a nice collage. We clearly see "Lexus" written on the bolt and the Shimamoku wood! Nice touch
Personal preference, but if I got the NX, I'd paint that bolt black
Old 04-17-14, 02:32 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyL
Really great shots. The non LED headlights look good as well. But in other words, we are still far from the stage where Lexus makes LED headlights as standard equipment in models sold in US & Canada (judging from the car is a NA model).

The current RX is one example. There is not such HID option for the current RX in Japan -- only LED headlights.

On the other hand, judging from better availability of LED headlights in CT after the facelift, I would think LED headlight might be quite accessible in lower packages.
having LEDs standard would be like having ML standard... doesnt make sense. But I can say I am happy that we don pay extra for HIDs anymore. IS/GS have HIDs in base level equipment, something that Germans sorely lack.

Of course, it is simplified HID option, they dont move for instance, but still, it is great to have them in base car instead of halogens... New C-class for instance has old halogens without projectors as standard.
Old 04-17-14, 02:45 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Edmunds seems to have put specs out on the car, but I question the authenticity, like they mention an 8-speed auto tranny. These sites need to get their facts straight first.

http://www.edmunds.com/lexus/nx-200t...tyle=200478488
Old 04-17-14, 02:45 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

definitely like this NX.... Hopefully Lexus will adapt the Turbo in there Future vehicles....
Old 04-17-14, 02:59 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
definitely like this NX.... Hopefully Lexus will adapt the Turbo in there Future vehicles....
Check out the Official Future of Lexus Thread updated today in Car Chat
Old 04-17-14, 03:21 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

having LEDs standard would be like having ML standard... doesnt make sense. But I can say I am happy that we don pay extra for HIDs anymore. IS/GS have HIDs in base level equipment, something that Germans sorely lack.

Of course, it is simplified HID option, they dont move for instance, but still, it is great to have them in base car instead of halogens... New C-class for instance has old halogens without projectors as standard.
Not meant to divert from the main topic - NX

I came across this from MB Canada. Would that be different in US? They offer two types of LED headlamps. The standard equipment is "static LED headlamp".

http://www.mercedes-benz.ca/content/...ighlights.html
Old 04-17-14, 03:29 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Edmunds seems to have put specs out on the car, but I question the authenticity, like they mention an 8-speed auto tranny. These sites need to get their facts straight first.

http://www.edmunds.com/lexus/nx-200t...tyle=200478488
Edmunds in general is way more reputable than Autoweek....
Old 04-17-14, 03:31 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

I came across this from MB Canada. Would that be different in US? They offer two types of LED headlamps. The standard equipment is "static LED headlamp".

this is marketing decision - like Lexus in Japan... but the base level is halogen without projectors here in Europe, and I have seen cars on the lots with those lights.
Old 04-17-14, 03:59 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

this is marketing decision - like Lexus in Japan... but the base level is halogen without projectors here in Europe, and I have seen cars on the lots with those lights.
I see. I forgot you are from Europe. So marketing decision is different there.

Last edited by AndyL; 04-17-14 at 04:08 PM.
Old 04-17-14, 04:08 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

I see. I forgot you are from Europe. So marketing is different there.
marketing decides for sure, but they designed it with halogens... unlike lexus models like IS and GS which simply don't have halogens at all, HIDs everywhere.
Old 04-17-14, 05:05 PM
Psychoart
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when you say courtesy light, are you referring to a light that comes on when the engine goes off / doors open? if so, i'd be shocked if the nx didn't have this. or are you talking about puddle lights on the underside of the side mirrors?

as for sunglass holder - i'd bet 99% of people who have this feature NEVER use it. as for heated rear seats, there's not that many vehicles period that have this feature. and again, i expect you are in a tiny, tiny minority for whom this feature is important.

i don't even remember seeing a vehicle with heated rear seats except a hyundai/kia maybe and high end flagship luxury vehicles.
I'm referring the "courtesy light" as the one on the door. It's not just a light to illuminate your surrounding just for yourself to see at night, but it also acts to show that someone has opened the door as a safety measure for cars passing around. Visibility is key to safety even when the car is not moving at night.

Subaru Outback and Nissan Murano have heated seats in the rear. They are not luxury vehicles and well under $40k, yet they offered such features, and possibly more. Another instance, the MKC has them, and so does an X3, if I remember correctly.
I do understand that not a lot of people need such feature, but some do need it like me. If I don't need features and contents, I could have gone plain vanilla FWD Corolla in cold weather with no one in the back...
Old 04-17-14, 05:16 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Psychoart
I'm referring the "courtesy light" as the one on the door. It's not just a light to illuminate your surrounding just for yourself to see at night, but it also acts to show that someone has opened the door as a safety measure for cars passing around. Visibility is key to safety even when the car is not moving at night.

Subaru Outback and Nissan Murano have heated seats in the rear. They are not luxury vehicles and well under $40k, yet they offered such features, and possibly more. Another instance, the MKC has them, and so does an X3, if I remember correctly.
I do understand that not a lot of people need such feature, but some do need it like me. If I don't need features and contents, I could have gone plain vanilla FWD Corolla in cold weather with no one in the back...
Highlander has it as well I believe...

Not every car is built for everyone. In no pic did I see rear heating controls.
Old 04-17-14, 06:28 PM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

It's the same way for US E-class models as well. Came with the refresh. Upgrade LED's are adaptive, standard models don't move (except auto leveling).

Quick Reply: Official Lexus NX thread