NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Official Lexus NX thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-14, 08:19 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Does it bother anyone else that even though it is a waterfall design, the driver's side metallic plastic sticks out more than the passenger side? the OCD in me is not liking that.

Great to see electronic parking brake. The remote touch area looks very crowded with buttons though

Last edited by RXSF; 04-10-14 at 08:26 PM.
Old 04-10-14, 08:21 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 04-10-14, 08:23 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Does the F Sport have black wood on the interior?!
Old 04-10-14, 08:24 PM
John Coyle
CL Editor

Tons of high-res pics on the blog!

https://www.clublexus.com/articles/n...0t-f-sport.php
Old 04-10-14, 08:36 PM
RXSF

ergonomically, I am not sure how the buttons behind the shifter would be easy to reach. They seemed to be blocked by the shifter in Park and also in a little cave.

Also I dislike the armrest (or lack there of) that doesn't continue from the center arm rest to the remote touch arm rest, which also seems to have a fabric pull string? Not sure.
Old 04-10-14, 08:38 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 603 Likes on 416 Posts

That's a nice side profile. Any word on the 300h in the states? The CL blog post only mentions the 200t
Old 04-10-14, 08:41 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

^^^ Yeah, what's with that fabric pull string???

I'm also wondering about the dark wood trim on the F-Sport or the faux silver CF similar to the IS F-Sport?

Hmm, and narrowish and high-profile 225/60s (18s) on the F-Sport?
Old 04-10-14, 08:41 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,564 Likes on 1,848 Posts

Again, like the 3IS and the RC...this looks MUCH better in F Sport trim to me.
Old 04-10-14, 08:51 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^The non-F-Sport NX is actually impressing me as much as the F-Sport.

First time Lexus application of an F-Sport badge at the rear. And it's in a new shape.
Attached Thumbnails Official Lexus NX thread-nxbadge.jpg  
Old 04-10-14, 08:52 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
^^^The non-F-Sport NX is actually impressing me as much as the F-Sport.

First time Lexus application of an F-Sport badge at the rear. And it's in a new shape.
I just don't like that wide barred grille.

Yeah I noticed that, I kind of like the rear F Sport badge.

On Autoblog (I like their photo interface, and they have some nice detail pics):

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/04/10/2...hotos-beijing/

I really like it. Too small for me at this point in my life unfortunately.

Last edited by SW17LS; 04-10-14 at 08:55 PM.
Old 04-10-14, 08:58 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kind of looks like a Jeep Cherokee
Old 04-10-14, 09:04 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I can see it maybe in the overall shape...more in the non F Sport...but thats a little of a stretch...

Old 04-10-14, 09:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

ClubLexus Exclusive: First Look at the 2015 Lexus NX200t F Sport
By Henry Kuo

It's still 10 days before Lexus debut the NX at the Beijing International Automotive Exhibition, but we were given an exclusive first look at the latest addition to the Lexus SUV lineup. Although the full specifications for the vehicle won't be available for another couple of months and the car won't hit dealerships until close to the end of the year, our time with the NX might give you a glimpse of few interesting things.

For the second time (after the RC) Lexus puts up a production vehicle that's pretty close to the concept. While some obvious lines and features are toned down, the exterior of NX more or less carries the styling and aggressiveness of the LF-NX concept, which we are very happy about. Overall size of the vehicle seems to be a bit smaller than the RX with a lower roof line. For those who wonder, Lexus will have an F Sport version of this car (as shown).

It carries bold lines along the side with aggressive LED headlights up front and stylish taillights in the back. The signature F Sport black mesh front spindle grille makes it to the NX and it actually flows pretty well with the car.

Interior cabin space is surprisingly good. Although the car looks to be smaller than the RX, first and second rows have plenty of space and mainly compromised only in the head room area. There is plenty of cargo space as well, and you get even more room with the 60/40 folding second row seats. And yes, according to Lexus, there will be a powered folding second row seat option. The center console design is interesting. First of all, before you ask, the navigation screen is fixed. We were a little surprised about the design; we wish the screen can integrate better with the rest of the dash like the RX, as of now it looks a little bit of an add-on. The climate control and radio buttons take on a layered design approach, which gives it a modern but somewhat busy feel with rows and rows of buttons.

The NX features the next generation Remote Touch Interface and they moved from the original joystick / mouse device to the new touchpad design. From our limited time with it, the unit is actually very easy to use and intuitive. The best part is as you scroll your finger across the touchpad, it actually gives you a force feedback when you are over a button, much like how the original system works. This makes it easier to use while you are driving.

Also new in the NX is the latest wireless smartphone charging capability, located inside the center armrest. With more and more phones today equipped with this feature, it makes it a lot easier to keep the phone charged and stream songs through Bluetooth, all without running any cables. The NX200t F Sport we had features a two-tone red/black interior design and we love it. The contrast stitching as well as the sporty seat design gives the interior a fresher and younger look.

Of course, the drivetrain is one of the most important parts of this car. The car features a 2.0L turbocharged engine, a first for Lexus. With competitors all going the same route due to regulations, we can only expect to see more of this in the future. We can't wait to see the power numbers and most importantly the gas mileage information of the NX200t.

So here it is, the 2015 Lexus NX200t F Sport. The RX has always been a winner for Lexus, and with the NX joining the lineup, it can help divide the segment and allow the RX to grow and go in new direction. Check out tons of pics below!

Old 04-10-14, 09:08 PM
RXSF

engine compartment has room for a lot more
Old 04-10-14, 09:12 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

I can "see" some Cherokee in the blackout trim around the tail lights, but that's where it ends for me. Overall, I see a little bit of Gen 2RX which is a good thing. I also see the hood line and front end of the IS F-Sport, fused with with the (yawn) RDX overall size and shape from A-pillar back, but thankfully with actual styling cues/shapes/lines. And put in the Lexus trademark window bend upwards at the C-pillar and voila!

Lexus seems to be taking a minimalist approach with the engine bay in their later model releases. A lot fewer plastic covers and more of the raw engine and its components are visible.

Quick Reply: Official Lexus NX thread