NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Interesting Accessories Thread (OEM or non-OEM)

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-15, 06:36 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by 9live
Yes, that is the one. It seems reasonably durable. If you slide an utility knife on it, it will cut thru. But for normal usage or dragging bricks or concrete blocks, it will definitely be scratched but should survive. Since I have never tried that, do not hold me for that. ;-)
But for the price, you can't beat that! It should be good for muddy ski/snowboard boots, dog slobber, etc.
Old 01-11-16, 01:32 PM
reasry
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much did it cost for the weather tech. They show twice the lost of lexus all season floor mats.
Old 01-11-16, 02:16 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Originally Posted by reasry
How much did it cost for the weather tech. They show twice the lost of lexus all season floor mats.
The Weathertechs shown earlier in this thread cost me $179.90 (front/back passenger floor liners) and $109.95 (cargo liner). Those were the prices four months ago (mid-September 2015).

Weathertechs are much better (IMHO). They have a higher lip to contain more water, snow, liquid, mud, pet "output", etc.
Old 01-19-16, 11:20 PM
Pinkab0o
Driver School Candidate

Where did you get this pls do share!
Old 01-20-16, 07:30 AM
Pinkab0o
Driver School Candidate

Default Hi please share the link

Originally Posted by bjhegstad
Found this nice Dashboard anti-slip mat on eBay. Didn't cost much and besides looking great it seems very functional. Good fit.
I really like that mat please share link to where you bought it I tried looking on eBay I couldn't find it
Old 01-20-16, 07:46 AM
bjhegstad
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the link; http://www.ebay.com/itm/351578121724?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
The picture doesn't show the Lexus logo and I was surprised when it show up with it. Not crazy about the blue but looking into way to change it.
Old 01-20-16, 08:52 PM
NXOwner
Racer

How much of the bottom of the display screen does the mat cover? How high up the screen does it go? I would be worried that the on-screen metrics at the bottom of the nav (et al) would be obscured.
Old 01-20-16, 08:58 PM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NXOwner
How much of the bottom of the display screen does the mat cover? How high up the screen does it go? I would be worried that the on-screen metrics at the bottom of the nav (et al) would be obscured.
It doesn't look like it covers much of the display, but I would be worried if you were to put things like phones there and if you were to brake or turn a corner hard, the object may fly into the screen or somewhere else back in the cabin.

Doesn't look like a place to put things TBH.
Old 01-21-16, 02:05 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Originally Posted by TeaAholic1
It doesn't look like it covers much of the display, but I would be worried if you were to put things like phones there and if you were to brake or turn a corner hard, the object may fly into the screen or somewhere else back in the cabin.

Doesn't look like a place to put things TBH.
I have used these types of anti-skid mats in the past, and they do hold devices very well. Having said that, no anti-skid mat is going to hold those devices in the event of a high-speed collision!
Old 01-21-16, 02:09 PM
Pinkab0o
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bjhegstad
Here is the link; 1pcs Dashboard Anti Slip Mat Perfume Mat Phone Mat for Lexus NX200T NX300H 2015 | eBay

The picture doesn't show the Lexus logo and I was surprised when it show up with it. Not crazy about the blue but looking into way to change it.
Thanks does it only come in blue?
Old 01-21-16, 05:52 PM
okaybrent
Driver School Candidate

I've always thought this key holder was kind of cool, but I'm not sure it's $80 cool. From TOM'S:
Old 01-21-16, 08:12 PM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by okaybrent
I've always thought this key holder was kind of cool, but I'm not sure it's $80 cool. From TOM'S
With keyless ignition, you guys like to take your keys out inside the car or just keep it in your pocket/purse?
Old 01-22-16, 12:25 PM
2merc3lex
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

For me, the whole idea of keyless is not having to fool with or handle an object to enter or start the car. Therefore, I keep the fob in my pocket.

Last edited by 2merc3lex; 01-22-16 at 09:01 PM.
Old 01-22-16, 03:59 PM
1Putt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 2merc3lex
For me, the whole idea of keyless is not having to fool with or handle an object to inter or start the car. Therefore, I keep the fob in my pocket.
+1 fob stays in my pocket, otherwise tend to forget it if left in cupholder, etc
Old 02-01-16, 01:53 AM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Bit quiet here!

Well this weekend I did a mini-project. Got a dash cam wired up. Pretty happy with myself that I managed to do a pretty professional install. All the cables are hidden, except the last bit that plugs in the centre console. Still trying to work that last bit out.

I also got a bonnet (or what you American people say "hood") protector last week. Lexus gave me the package with a missing part so I couldn't install it yesterday so I went back today to get the missing parts. I also asked if they would install it for me while the car was there and they were so nice and didn't charge me for the install and also put some tyre shine for me

Quick Reply: Interesting Accessories Thread (OEM or non-OEM)