Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

2nd annual norcal meet: post meet thoughts!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-03, 08:29 AM
kvoman
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was my first time at a meet also and it was fantastic seeing all the GS with mods and the other Lexus vehicles also. Even my wife, who's totally not into cars saw the GS with the souped up sound system, monitors in the headrests, and DVD system and agreed that it was something interest her and the kids would love it also.

Unfortunately we missed the raffle because we had to leave early to take our boys home for their naps, they were restless after an hour.

Again, congrats to the organizers for a job well done and a big thanks to the sponsors, especially to Stevens Creek Lexus for graciously hosting the event.
Old 09-22-03, 08:38 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally posted by DoubleWhoosh
Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk, we all really know why you think the meet was great...you raffle ringer you

JK

Great turnout, great organization, great cars! Hats off to all y'all that ran this...let's do it again next year.

Let's turn off the hot air outside next time though!
well, next time is only possible if we have more good items to give away! j/k. we definitely want to thank tm engineering again for giving out the most raffle items dollar wise
Old 09-22-03, 08:39 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by kvoman
It was my first time at a meet also and it was fantastic seeing all the GS with mods and the other Lexus vehicles also. Even my wife, who's totally not into cars saw the GS with the souped up sound system, monitors in the headrests, and DVD system and agreed that it was something interest her and the kids would love it also.

Unfortunately we missed the raffle because we had to leave early to take our boys home for their naps, they were restless after an hour.

Again, congrats to the organizers for a job well done and a big thanks to the sponsors, especially to Stevens Creek Lexus for graciously hosting the event.
yeah it was too bad you had to leave early, but hey you got a great family there! your kids are cute! hopefully next time we will have a bigger playground for them to kill couple more hours, hahaha
Old 09-22-03, 09:22 AM
daddyestes
Driver School Candidate

Default Lexus Meet

This was my first Lexus meet and it was tight. I am ready for the next one. I still have a lot to do to my car but I am excited to make some improvements. Thanks for the event, the new subwoofer and the people that pointed me away from the software table. Lets face it Roxio is cool but vs a new 12 inch Alumapro.... I'll stick with the Alumapro.
Old 09-22-03, 09:33 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Default Re: Lexus Meet

Originally posted by daddyestes
This was my first Lexus meet and it was tight. I am ready for the next one. I still have a lot to do to my car but I am excited to make some improvements. Thanks for the event, the new subwoofer and the people that pointed me away from the software table. Lets face it Roxio is cool but vs a new 12 inch Alumapro.... I'll stick with the Alumapro.
hey i was the one who pointed you TO the 12" sub!
Old 09-22-03, 09:38 AM
kvoman
Driver

Thanks RominL -

My 3 yrs old son thought it was so cool, he wanted to get into every single car to test it out in the driver's seat. Both my boys love the GS with the TVs and all the gadgets, the owner was gracious enough to allow them to sit in the back seats.

I don' t think their attention span is greater than 5 minutes at anything. They have to be constantly active. My wife told me that next time, I should go by myself since it's more for me than for the kids - very TRUE!!!
Old 09-22-03, 10:00 AM
kts_GS3
Lead Lap

Awesome, awesome meet. The venue (Lexus of Stevens Creek) was incredible......very "state of the art". The Meet was so organized and well setup by you guys. I can't imagine how many hours (of your own time) you guys spent organizing it. Exhaust contest was a great idea......what about next year, burn-out contest?

Can't wait 'til next year's Meet. Can you guys actually top this year's Meet ??

Btw, has anyone had their car serviced at Lexus of Stevens Creek before? Any feedback?

Thanks!
Old 09-22-03, 10:07 AM
daddyestes
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks RominL -

Right now i'd be makin' some Roxio movies if you didn't tell me I could pick from all the tables. I'm sure there are some people cursing you right now.
Old 09-22-03, 10:24 AM
jdmdaddy
Lead Lap

and you can thank me for that sub there daddyestes

Great turnout though! All the cars there were beautiful! Talk about inspiration to fix up a car I am ready for more mods! I can't wait for the next meet. Thanks to all the vendors for providing us with great raffle prizes (i got the software ), and thanks to everyone that got everything organized. You guys are the best. My experience with clublexus is far better than any other forum I have ever signed up with!

Craig
Old 09-22-03, 10:35 AM
daddyestes
Driver School Candidate

Default Much Thanks

Thanks are deffinately directed towards gatewaycraig for getting me involved. Thanks dude.
Old 09-22-03, 12:12 PM
jawnthen
Lead Lap

well its sounds like the meet went as planned. I'm bummed that I had to leave so early but that was my fault thinking this meet was on saturday instead of sunday. Anyways, I just wanted to thank all the planner and volunteers, especially my parking crew. You guys did an awesome job getting those cars lined up and meeting fire marshall specs.

Okay...since I wasn't there, who won the exhaust competition?

oh and what's this about Neo being a raffle ringer??? hey man i left you my ticket in good faith. Cough up the goods buddy! I want my prize!

Originally posted by DoubleWhoosh
Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk, we all really know why you think the meet was great...you raffle ringer you

JK

Great turnout, great organization, great cars! Hats off to all y'all that ran this...let's do it again next year.

Let's turn off the hot air outside next time though!
Old 09-22-03, 12:50 PM
daddyestes
Driver School Candidate

Default Prizes from the event.

Anybody have any pics of the raffle prizes and the people that won them?
Old 09-22-03, 12:55 PM
jdmdaddy
Lead Lap

Default Re: Much Thanks

Originally posted by daddyestes
Thanks are deffinately directed towards gatewaycraig for getting me involved. Thanks dude.
your welcome dood.
Old 09-22-03, 01:04 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by kvoman
My wife told me that next time, I should go by myself since it's more for me than for the kids - very TRUE!!!
At least she is now open to this and some mods (monitors & ...). Sounds like there is progress.
Old 09-22-03, 01:10 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by jawnthen
Okay...since I wasn't there, who won the exhaust competition?
I am sure there will be more info but Solo for the I6 and dnguyen_GS430 for the V8.

oh and what's this about Neo being a raffle ringer??? hey man i left you my ticket in good faith. Cough up the goods buddy! I want my prize!
You better feel lucky that you left it with me cuz I had the mojo. I got mine with my tix but you got something too. Talk to Glen. He picked out/up your prize. Imagine my surprise when I heard your number a few items after mine.

Last edited by Neo; 09-22-03 at 01:10 PM.

Quick Reply: 2nd annual norcal meet: post meet thoughts!!!!