Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Independent Mechanic near SFO?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-17, 05:37 PM
ejthomp
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Independent Mechanic near SFO?

I drove my 97 LS400 down to San Francisco last weekend so my daughter can use it for a couple months while she works at SFO. I don't anticipate any issues, but does anyone know a good independent mechanic in the area that I can refer her to if she has trouble? She's just starting out so obviously a Lexus dealership wouldn't be in the budget!

One thing the car needs is an alignment. Any local suggestions for that?
Old 02-03-17, 06:53 PM
Banshee365
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

I live in FL so I have no opinion on independents around there.

As as far an alignment I would look for coupons or specials at Toyota and Lexus dealers first. You can often come across some good deals that way.
Old 02-03-17, 10:24 PM
pmarr
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

If she can do the drive to the Sacramento area, Red Sun Automotive is the highest rated shop on Yelp in the area (located in Rocklin, Ca). No less than 5 stars. They have fixed things for free that I did not even ask to. Hop and Phong are extremely knowledgeable as former Lexus mechanics. Check them out if the drive is feasible. I do not go anywhere else for major repairs. My daughters 91 had a oil pan dent that made it impossible to drain the oil conventionally, what did they do? Suck the oil from the fill pipe; no extra charge. Fixed the Taillamp failure by replacing the bulb, I did not request this. They test drive the vehicles to see how it performs under daily driving and have actually had me in the mechanics bay with the car on the lift to show me suspension and bushing wear. Doubt they still do this for liabilities sake but anyway, its an option.
Their price quotes for major repairs have been 40-60% less than the local Toyota Dealers. Best of luck!
https://www.yelp.com/biz/red-sun-aut...pair-rocklin-4

Good luck!
Old 02-04-17, 08:59 AM
dicer
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 89 Posts

Like we all know what SFO is. Lets see Sea Food Order. Sun n Fun Overseas. You did hint at San Francisco,,,,, so the "O" ? Overboard? ah I got it.
San Francisco Outboards.
Old 02-04-17, 11:35 AM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

San francisco intl airport? Alignment usually cost $100 in our area. Go to "richard's auto repair" its $80. Address is 910A San Mateo Ave, San Bruno, CA 94066. Thats where i get my alignment and if your car is stock thats a good place to go to. But if your LS is slammed dont go there lol
Old 02-04-17, 05:04 PM
ejthomp
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for the info gentlemen! Yes....SFO is the abbreviation for SanFran Intl Airport. I'll have her stop by Richards!
Old 03-01-17, 10:48 PM
k311in
Pit Crew

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by pmarr
If she can do the drive to the Sacramento area, Red Sun Automotive is the highest rated shop on Yelp in the area (located in Rocklin, Ca). No less than 5 stars. They have fixed things for free that I did not even ask to. Hop and Phong are extremely knowledgeable as former Lexus mechanics. Check them out if the drive is feasible. I do not go anywhere else for major repairs. My daughters 91 had a oil pan dent that made it impossible to drain the oil conventionally, what did they do? Suck the oil from the fill pipe; no extra charge. Fixed the Taillamp failure by replacing the bulb, I did not request this. They test drive the vehicles to see how it performs under daily driving and have actually had me in the mechanics bay with the car on the lift to show me suspension and bushing wear. Doubt they still do this for liabilities sake but anyway, its an option.
Their price quotes for major repairs have been 40-60% less than the local Toyota Dealers. Best of luck!
https://www.yelp.com/biz/red-sun-aut...pair-rocklin-4

Good luck!
thank u for this reply. I was just about to start a thread asking for a good indy here in sac. My car is at lexus of sacramento right now and lets say they r thoroughly trying to screw me
Old 03-12-17, 10:18 PM
ap1nyt
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out "The Shop San Bruno". Its down the street from SFO. Ive been friends with the owner for many years.