Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Where to get a clear bra? NorCal, Bay Area.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-16, 12:58 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Where to get a clear bra? NorCal, Bay Area.

Hey guys,

I'm deciding to get a clear bra for my is350, ultra white, ~1000 miles.

Can anyone recommend a good shop with quality material and good price?

And what is the best option? Full clear bra or just some major parts? I got no idea.. ( I've been seeing ppl say XPEL Brand is the way to go?)
Old 03-10-16, 03:49 PM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My buddy does excellent work. Yelp says SF but he's in Belmont and his name is Jeremy. Just call the number on the Yelp page. (link below)

He does Ferraris, Lambos, BMWs and Lexus all day long. Look for the review by Chase, that was my old STI he clear bra'd and did a PHENOMENAL job on. Did my dad's 555i as well and blew him out of the water. He's gonna take his new M5 in for another clear bra soon, and once I get my front end fixed up I'll be taking my F into him soon.

Don't go anywhere else, I wouldn't trust anyone else with my car and his prices will beat anyone else.

1141 Old County Road, Belmont CA

https://www.yelp.com/biz/invisiguard...an-francisco-3

Last edited by lolfunxion; 03-10-16 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-10-16, 03:51 PM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

This also might be a good sticky - mods what do you think?

We have tint and wrap stickies, this would be a good one as well!
Old 03-10-16, 03:58 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lolfunxion
My buddy does excellent work. Yelp says SF but he's in Belmont and his name is Jeremy. Just call the number on the Yelp page. (link below)

He does Ferraris, Lambos, BMWs and Lexus all day long. Look for the review by Chase, that was my old STI he clear bra'd and did a PHENOMENAL job on. Did my dad's 555i as well and blew him out of the water. He's gonna take his new M5 in for another clear bra soon, and once I get my front end fixed up I'll be taking my F into him soon.

Don't go anywhere else, I wouldn't trust anyone else with my car and his prices will beat anyone else.

1141 Old County Road, Belmont CA

https://www.yelp.com/biz/invisiguard...an-francisco-3

Thanks for the suggestion. Do you know how much he chargers? I'm just thinking of a front bumper /hood wrap
Old 03-10-16, 04:05 PM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

Completely depends on the car and shape of the bumper. Give him a ring, prices are more than reasonable! The clear bra hides small imperfections as well, it'll make your car look great.
Old 03-10-16, 05:32 PM
ichiro
Driver School Candidate

There is a XPEL authorized in Fremont called Carzwerk. They are the only one polish the paint surface before the installer installed the clearbra. And the owner put ceramic coating on top to make the film long lasting with no extra cost.
Old 03-10-16, 06:16 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ichiro
There is a XPEL authorized in Fremont called Carzwerk. They are the only one polish the paint surface before the installer installed the clearbra. And the owner put ceramic coating on top to make the film long lasting with no extra cost.
Did you get your car done here? How was the experience? and price?
Old 03-10-16, 07:00 PM
ichiro
Driver School Candidate

He did my sis NX. The owner is talkative..
Old 03-10-16, 08:59 PM
Ctrl-F
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

GT Auto Concepts in Redwood City does awesome work. Their regular clientele are high-end sports car owners. It's a really cool place. I only see sports cars there. http://www.gtautoconcepts.com/

They also do vinyl wraps, detailing, body/aero kits, tuning and performance-related stuff.

I had my front bumper done with XPEL for about $800 and it takes about half a day. I never have hits to the hood, fenders, or side mirrors so I didn't have any of those or any other part of my car done.
Old 03-10-16, 09:14 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Plxs15350
GT Auto Concepts in Redwood City does awesome work. Their regular clientele are high-end sports car owners. It's a really cool place. I only see sports cars there. http://www.gtautoconcepts.com/

They also do vinyl wraps, detailing, body/aero kits, tuning and performance-related stuff.

I had my front bumper done with XPEL for about $800 and it takes about half a day. I never have hits to the hood, fenders, or side mirrors so I didn't have any of those or any other part of my car done.

Do you mind sharing pics of your car? Damn $800 for ONLY front bumper? How long have you owned the car? No chips on hood at all? (My old car had a few..)

Last edited by nathantse; 03-10-16 at 09:18 PM.
Old 03-10-16, 09:32 PM
Ctrl-F
Pole Position

I thought it was pricey just for the front bumper but the work was top-notch. I've owned my car for 8 months and all of my driving is on the freeway. Still zero chips on the hood or anywhere else.

The front bumper was a different story. Within the first 2 months, I had a lot of tiny rock chips. About $1500 worth of damage, all on the bottom part of the bumper. I knew at that point I needed XPEL. I got tired of checking out my bumper at the end of every single day for damage. I don't have any pics, sorry.

Last edited by Ctrl-F; 03-10-16 at 09:38 PM.
Old 03-10-16, 09:36 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

I thought it was pricey just for the front bumper but the work was top-notch. I've owned my car for 8 months and all of my driving is on the freeway. Still zero chips on the hood. No dings, dents anywhere else.

The front bumper was a different story. Within the first 2 months, I had a lot of tiny rock chips. About $1500 worth of damage, all on the bottom part of the bumper. I knew at that point I needed XPEL. I got tired of checking out my bumper at the end of every single day for chips. I don't have any pics, sorry.
Did the XPEL make your pervious chips unoticable?

I haven't got around to check mine yet. Been raining on and off, and my car is hella dirty. Can't even tell it's chips or just dirt lol.
Old 03-10-16, 09:44 PM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

That's ridiculous. I had my whole front bumper, headlights, foglights, half of my hood / scoop and mirrors done for ~$650 I wanna say it was. Held up great for years, self healing so it's not like rocks from road trips to LA did anything. Hell, he even wrapped the CF wing I had to keep it from oxidizing (which worked GREAT btw) looked better than new for as long as I had it.
Old 03-10-16, 10:02 PM
Ctrl-F
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nathantse
Did the XPEL make your pervious chips unoticable?

I haven't got around to check mine yet. Been raining on and off, and my car is hella dirty. Can't even tell it's chips or just dirt lol.
Yes, XPEL hides previous chips really well. I recommend it.
Old 03-10-16, 10:22 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Yes, XPEL hides previous chips really well. I recommend it.
Sounds good. That's of brand of wrap I'll definitely get. I'll give your suggested auto shop a call. Maybe some others as well for quotes. $800 does seem pricey.

And if you got the time to take a pic, please upload it. I do wanna check it out.

Quick Reply: Where to get a clear bra? NorCal, Bay Area.