Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

<RANT!> Grrrrrr......

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-11, 08:17 PM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default <RANT!> Grrrrrr......

If this is not in the right place, mods please move but I'm posting amongst friends and this did happen in the Bay Area.

I met a guy last night, a person who is financially set. He has an array of upper line cars, and more pointedly a BMW 3 something.

Okay here it comes...

While we were chatting about cars (note that I'm more versed in muscle than import) he questioned what I drive. I showed him a few pics on my phone and Micaiah happened to catch his eye. He asked what car that was and I told him "an entry level Lexus" and left it at that. He inquired more until I finally said, "it's outside, do you want to see?" (Micaiah was actually in my friends' garage that was outside)

So we go to the garage, I opened the door so he can see the interior. He started to ask about what I had in the car, etc... for each option I pointed out, his BMW had it too. Well of course, it's not a cheap car, and I feel it's nice that he has the cool bells and whistles too!

Ends up the conversation turned toward the BMW and it was no problem. It was fun to learn about another car.

But what burned me up, is while we were talking about his car, he was smoking. And he would put his head in, look at the nav screen or whatever and say "Oh you have xxxxxx! So do I!" while he blew the smoke in my car.

I have never met this person in my life before. And him blowing smoke in there a few times just got me a tad upset. I shut the door after the third 'blow' and then I opened it again to wave my hand in there to shoo the smell out. He took a hit on his cig again and blew it toward my way.

I shut the door and left him there. I just walked away.

Poor Micaiah.

On the way home I couldn't open the windows to air him out because it was raining.

I soooo wanted to go kick his car.

Anybody else have something like this happen to where you just HAD to control yourself?

I think he was a Lexus hater.

<end rant>

Last edited by Micaiah; 01-30-11 at 08:21 PM.
Old 01-30-11, 08:19 PM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ermmm.....This was meant to be in NorCal....reporting myself...*sigh*
Old 01-30-11, 08:27 PM
don
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Secondhand smoke, not just bad for humans. Didn't matter if he did that to a Lexus or a Kia. He has no etiquette, what a doucher.
Old 01-30-11, 08:28 PM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn dude, i had a guy in my car once pull his cig out out and he was just about to light and i stopped him right in his tracks. I told him if ur gonna smoke in my car ill have to and let u out. I dont play around like that lol, im pretty straight forward at times dont really care if u mind it or not
Old 01-30-11, 08:36 PM
metalgear
Lexus Champion

What an a******. Sorry bout what he did to Micaiah. From the way he blew smoke in your car does seem that he's a Lexus hater.

I remember I was driving on a stop light then this 3 series ( I think it was an M3) passes next to me and revs his car. I just don't get it why some people who drive BMW's act like douche bags.
Old 01-30-11, 08:44 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

sounds like jealous to me....bmw has this and that...yadi,yadi yada...he's just being a little kid. you should smoke his car...lol..j/k
Old 01-30-11, 08:45 PM
ScKcBc
Lexus Test Driver

Def a **** move, but I don't think its really going to make a huge impact on your car. I definitely would have said something though. Not even a question.
Old 01-30-11, 08:50 PM
Snubbles
Lexus Test Driver

What a douchebag. Thats disrespectful. I would of said something
Old 01-30-11, 09:05 PM
Alias
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

smoking's bad... smoking in the car is worse...
Old 01-30-11, 09:05 PM
shiny250
Advanced

ew. the smell of cigs. blahh. haha i cant stand the smell of smoke. if it was in my own car...lets not go there. anyways i hope you got that smell out. that guy was pretty rude. like snubbles said, i would have said something.
Old 01-30-11, 09:12 PM
tianh
Pole Position

I don't think he was being disrespectful or rude.. Alot of people smoke in their cars you just have to tell him you don't accept it in yours lol..

It's like when my buddies don't take off their shoes before stepping into my house, at their house they can wear their shoes around, but my folks found it disrespectful.. doesn't make them any less a douche than the next guy. I don't think this "BMW" guy deserves to be bashed on a public forum especially if he didn't know he was being disrespectful. The best thing you should have done was just tell him straight up you didn't want him smoking in your car.

Last edited by tianh; 01-30-11 at 09:18 PM.
Old 01-30-11, 09:18 PM
SUPERBRINO
Pole Position

It's a level of respect whether a lexus hater or not! If I was to say something, it wouldnt be nice and i might lose a friend over it ... if its a stranger or someone i barely know, they will get a piece of my mind ATLEAST!

So I will share an experience I had just to prove there are schmucks everywhere eastcoast and westcoast ...

I was at a friends house about a month after i bought my car, started it getting ready to leave, my friend comes outside totally wasted and starts dancing infront of my car after i turned the headlights on, so i honk just to mess with him .. next thing i know, he puts his METAL BEER CAN on the hood of my car and continues to shake his *** in my headlights ... I almost lost my mind but im glad i was thinking, i wanted to jump out of the car but i was scared if i opened the door and caused a slight "shake" that the can would fall and scratch the whole hood ... so i opened my window and pretty much threatened his life, lol ... he grabbed the can and took off into the house ... he was pretty drunk and i flipped ***** on him so i dont think something like that would ever happen again ... THANK GOD there was no scratch on the hood and im also happy i didnt open the door to run after him i didnt want my one month old hwip to need the hood to be painted!

d**ch*b*gs everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEWARE!
Old 01-30-11, 09:21 PM
tianh
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SUPERBRINO
It's a level of respect whether a lexus hater or not! If I was to say something, it wouldnt be nice and i might lose a friend over it ... if its a stranger or someone i barely know, they will get a piece of my mind ATLEAST!

So I will share an experience I had just to prove there are schmucks everywhere eastcoast and westcoast ...

I was at a friends house about a month after i bought my car, started it getting ready to leave, my friend comes outside totally wasted and starts dancing infront of my car after i turned the headlights on, so i honk just to mess with him .. next thing i know, he puts his METAL BEER CAN on the hood of my car and continues to shake his *** in my headlights ... I almost lost my mind but im glad i was thinking, i wanted to jump out of the car but i was scared if i opened the door and caused a slight "shake" that the can would fall and scratch the whole hood ... so i opened my window and pretty much threatened his life, lol ... he grabbed the can and took off into the house ... he was pretty drunk and i flipped ***** on him so i dont think something like that would ever happen again ... THANK GOD there was no scratch on the hood and im also happy i didnt open the door to run after him i didnt want my one month old hwip to need the hood to be painted!

d**ch*b*gs everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEWARE!
Haha again, I think we as car enthusiasts don't let anyone even so much as touch our cars. Me for example, I dont even let anyone LEAN on my car because their metal zipper might scratch the paint..

However we have to keep in mind that many people out their see a car as just...A CAR. For every 1 person who loves their car theirs ten others who wouldn't mind letting a friend put a metal beer can on their hood. You did the good thing though by letting him know he couldnt do that!
Old 01-30-11, 09:24 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

im a smoker... but i pull over to smoke OUTSIDE lexi then when im done, i get back in and drive on my way

that BMW guy was being a **** and doing it purposefully~ shoulda told him, please dont blow smoke into my car~ if you dont open your mouth, you got noone to blame but yourself cuz afterall~ whos car is it?
Old 01-30-11, 09:29 PM
SUPERBRINO
Pole Position

thanks TIANH

some people just dont get it, i try to have an open mind and not freak out ... i grew up going to car shows and learning from an early age to respect other peoples things ESPECIALLY their cars! i had an 83 crown vic 2 door limited (lol) with only 22k miles on it, someone sat on the hood once and i freaked out ... most people that know me, wouldnt even think about doing something on or around my car but there's always someone out there with only half a brain haha

Quick Reply: <RANT!> Grrrrrr......