Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Body Shops in the Bay Area

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-09, 02:00 PM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I'm curious to to kno how much people usually pay... doesn't have to be in bay area.... well the place that I get mines painted at will need to be but.... if your don't mind sharing how much u paid it would be much appreciated
Old 12-03-09, 02:19 PM
four o two
Intermediate

Originally Posted by someboy
i think if you want perfect matching paint, i think you will have to go back to lexus. but what body kit are u painting though?
What? Why? Body shops can get OEM colors just as easy as a Lexus dealer can. ...from personal experience, there are tons of better body shops out there besides a dealership.
Old 12-03-09, 08:54 PM
L-S-D
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would have to agree ^... Why would u go to the Stealership .. When u can go to any good reputable body shop and pay 50% less
To get the same or better quality. Work done ..

I pay 200 for a full kit to be painted ... But thsts cus its my buddy who does it
At our groups shop

900 is wayy too much for a kit to be painted ... Most places around here will do each piece for 100$
Old 12-04-09, 07:19 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Yea that sounds more reasonable... 100 a piece... they were tellin me that most of the kits they paint usually need some body work and its included in that price.... ill have to keep lookin
Old 12-04-09, 03:31 PM
pullman99
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PEARLIS250
Hey so I'm thinkin about gettin a body kit and I'm lookin for a place to get it painted in bay area for a decent price.... anyone know any??? Where did you guys get urs painted??? I called a couple places and they quoted me around 900. I'm not sure if that's a good price or not bec this is the first time I've purchased a body kit.... any help would be appreciated...
take it to german auto body on martin in santa clara.

stay the hell away from any of the autowest collision shops. they screwed up a friends is250 so bad that they had to buy the car off him for over $30k!
Old 12-07-09, 01:11 AM
mdenoga
Driver

check out the body shop thread. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nor...ew-thread.html
Old 12-07-09, 10:15 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by L-S-D
Most places around here will do each piece for 100$
As much as I like getting things for less, this seems awfully low, especially with the prep work and paint costs. I can't see how you can do quality work for that much.
Old 12-07-09, 09:19 PM
MarkGS400
Driver

I would check out United Auto Repairs in San Francisco. I had them paint my JDM Garage Answer 4 piece lip kit for my LS430 and my Greddy front lip for my GS400. Their paint matching quality as well as pricing are great. I believe I paid about $700-800 for the paint job and install on the entire kit for my LS430. I live in Antioch and drove all the way to S.F. just because I was very pleased with the paint quality and pricing my first time around. I am planning to go back and have them paint my new front lip for my GS400. I cracked my Greddy lip a few months ago. Ask for Alex Huang.
Old 12-08-09, 12:04 AM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm friends with the owner of 19th ave autobody and get all my stuff done there. They've installed my vertex body kit as well as the fenders and cf hood with aerocatch hood pins and cf trunk, shaved and cut the inner rear fender and sealed it back up. They're known to be on the more pricey side because they prefer to blend the paint in with the rest of the panels rather than just paint the kit.. however, they will paint the kit, but will let you know it won't be a perfect match because it's not blended, which they always recommend. I'm sure others will say blending is not necessary, but I feel it shows.

Here you can see how their work is on my car:

ultra high res for better viewing... (as in 3008x2000)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/norcalm...17800/sizes/o/

If you want it done, lemme know and i will talk to them and see how much it can get done for.
Old 12-08-09, 07:45 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MarkGS400
I would check out United Auto Repairs in San Francisco. I had them paint my JDM Garage Answer 4 piece lip kit for my LS430 and my Greddy front lip for my GS400. Their paint matching quality as well as pricing are great. I believe I paid about $700-800 for the paint job and install on the entire kit for my LS430. I live in Antioch and drove all the way to S.F. just because I was very pleased with the paint quality and pricing my first time around. I am planning to go back and have them paint my new front lip for my GS400. I cracked my Greddy lip a few months ago. Ask for Alex Huang.
Ok ill give them a call and see what's up. Thanks for the info.... for paint and install that sounds reasonable...
Old 12-08-09, 08:11 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexAnt
I'm friends with the owner of 19th ave autobody and get all my stuff done there. They've installed my vertex body kit as well as the fenders and cf hood with aerocatch hood pins and cf trunk, shaved and cut the inner rear fender and sealed it back up. They're known to be on the more pricey side because they prefer to blend the paint in with the rest of the panels rather than just paint the kit.. however, they will paint the kit, but will let you know it won't be a perfect match because it's not blended, which they always recommend. I'm sure others will say blending is not necessary, but I feel it shows.

I'm sure paint blending would be better but I don't think it will be that much of a difference since the car is basically brand new the paint shouldn't have faded much if any....

Last edited by iRock; 12-08-09 at 08:31 AM.
Old 12-11-09, 11:49 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mark or Anthony,
if either of you would like to post up a paint review with more detail on YOUR experience please PM me to discuss.

I'd appreciate to have you post it up in the Paint Shop review thread.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nor...ew-thread.html

Old 12-12-09, 11:21 AM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey lexant,do you go to SFSU? I think i've seen your car around.

Does 19th Ave autobody mold lips?
Old 12-21-09, 11:17 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

PEARLIS250,
did you finally decide on a shop. Let us know if you did and what you thought of thier work.

There have been TONS of people posting for paint referalls and over the YEARS that I have moderated NorCal I can tell you that almost NO ONE who asks for help provides feedback on the shop they pick.

Please let us know how things turned out.

Thanks
Old 07-10-10, 04:20 PM
discke
Rookie

Angry need help finding body shop

yesterday i went to sf and my front bumper hit the curb. it has a deep scratch in the lower corner front right bumper. i think i need to go to a body shop
anybody know a good body shop around sunnyvale or san jose?

thank you for helping!

Quick Reply: Body Shops in the Bay Area