Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Good exhaust shop in the Sacramento area?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-08, 12:17 PM
deruvian
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good exhaust shop in the Sacramento area?

I've finally become fed up with the half-*** exhaust setup that the previous owner put on my car. I'm looking to replace both cats (because they're both busted) with high flow Magnaflows, delete the stock resonators, replace the cans with stainless rolled tip Magnaflows, and use 3" piping all the way back from the primary cat.

Any advice on a competent exhaust shop in the Sacto (or, preferably, the Roseville area)? Someone that can do mandrel bends would be awesome, because I'd rather not have to go and buy all the pre-bent tube.

Thanks in advance everyone!
Old 07-05-08, 01:50 PM
andrewwake
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In roseville, if you know where Rich's Tire Barn is off of i think Taylor Street, there is a shop near there called MSI. A whole bunch of corvettes are always parked out there, go in there and ask them, good guys and would probably know of a good exhaust shop. I'll keep my eye open and ask some friends of mine.
Old 07-05-08, 03:43 PM
deruvian
Driver

Thanks, I just emailed them. Anyone else have any recommendations?
Old 07-06-08, 08:08 AM
DZLEXIK
Lead Lap

Muffler Tech on Florin rd. did my custom piping. They been around for a LONG time. Mine isnt mandrel bent tho..i dont know if they have a machine to do that. You can call and ask.

Just make sure you tell them exactly how you want the piping done and theyll do it.

I had a flange put onto my piping, instead of welding so i can always bolt up my stock stuff, and had them keep all my stock exhaust hangers. They also showed me how it would look before fully installing. Great pricing and i would go back again
Old 08-05-08, 11:57 PM
alex8181
Driver

Bringing this back from the dead. Going to need custom piping for my 1JZ. Any reccomendations?
Old 08-07-08, 02:09 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

go to a local muffler shop and become friends with the guy(s) there and they will hook you up. go there talk to them watch them work and see if they are good. minute muffler is a good place.