Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Official EOS5 post-meet pics and thoughts -- Big THANK YOU to all!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-06, 01:31 PM
SCREAMMMMM
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I forgot the name of the guy with the Red Matrix. He took a lot of pictures, didn't he?
Old 09-27-06, 02:28 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

That would be Jeff and yes I'm waiting to see those too.
Old 09-27-06, 06:45 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
boy, reading all these comments, what a recap of the meet! thank you again everyone for your support!

oh btw, roger, 2008?? so where's 2007?
Opps! I meant 2007! I was so tired when I typed that up.
Old 09-27-06, 08:22 PM
soarer1023
Lead Lap

the meet was great, got to see some old faces and met some new faces as usual, nice talking to everybody. very excited to see glen's car put together, looks good and sounded awesome. go karting was definitly fun, but couldn't get my friend to go with me tho, and being able to see the RHD soarer definitly made my day. enjoyed my time there very well, big thx to everyone who organize it,

and here is some of my pics.

Note: Fixed your atachement so the pics show up now. Do an edit on this post to see how it's done. RMMGS4

Last edited by RMMGS4; 10-06-06 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-27-06, 08:53 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,854 Likes on 2,337 Posts

OK, so where can I get a CF license plate frame like this one in the pic? It was my favorite non-power-adding mod at the whole meet!
Old 09-27-06, 09:11 PM
kokonutjc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SCREAMMMMM
I forgot the name of the guy with the Red Matrix. He took a lot of pictures, didn't he?
That would be me

Glen has the pics and I think he will be posting them very soon.

But here's some teasers

more...

Last edited by RMMGS4; 09-28-06 at 11:40 AM. Reason: LGWNorCal Proprietary
Old 09-27-06, 09:13 PM
kokonutjc
Lead Lap

Last edited by RMMGS4; 09-28-06 at 11:39 AM.
Old 09-27-06, 09:40 PM
corkycal
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

kokonutjc, pictures are awesome. looking forward to seeing more.
Old 09-27-06, 10:12 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by SCREAMMMMM
his name is jeff, i can't wait to see his pictures as well. he's been our official photographer for the past couple of yrs. great guy!

Originally Posted by TCM080903
yup, VERY nice SC there, henry and ritsa! heehee...i love those rims!

btw, thanks for the all the pics! to reiterate, i had an awesome time!
hehee, thanks esther, and just to reiterate, that's not my car, that's my wife's, lol
Old 09-27-06, 10:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

omg, that's awesome stuff jeff, thanks!!!!!! can't believe i see my car in there

and you gave all the pics to glen? man that's a mistake!!!!!! send them my way, i will post them up must faster than glen glen doesn't even have the energy to post here yet
Old 09-27-06, 10:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

man, i love this pic. what a way to show people about the big family

Old 09-27-06, 11:01 PM
SBMGS4
Lead Lap

Totally awesome pics Jeff!!

Definitely looking forward to seeing the rest.
Old 09-27-06, 11:18 PM
4GRAINR
Lead Lap

Long post ahead ... be warned!

Well … I’m back home in Arizona after putting 1760 miles on the car in just a few days. Wow! That was a hell of a lot of driving. I wasn’t sure what to expect when Cliffud and I embarked on our EOS adventure. I knew we’d see lot of cars, but I didn’t know what the people were going to be like. What would Glenn and Henry be like in person? Who is this flipside909 guy anyway? I think I had a million questions going through my mind as I headed west.

Cliffud and I started off the trip with a visit to Todd @ TM Engineering. We got a sneak preview of that AWESOME car. (Props to Todd for getting that project done and making one of the sickest Soarers I have ever seen!) After staying up until 3 or 4am we crashed at the hotel and called it a night. Friday afternoon came quick and we met up with the SoCal convoy that Ryan had put together. Car after car pulled up in that Von’s parking lot and I just had this huge grin on my face. If this was a preview of what was in store, EOS was going to be incredible. After meeting everyone, forgetting their names and meeting them again, we started the convoy and headed north.

The convoy was definitely a sight to see. I remember watching movies where you see something like a group of cars headed down the road, but I have never seen the real thing in person. This was a great experience and the walkie chatter made for some funny moments. I don’t think the pictures do it justice. One of the best moments was when we were rolling into San Jose and we took over four lanes. The people behind us must have been “WTF!” and the ones in front of us probably were saying the same thing with the sea of HIDs racing up behind them.

Friday’s dinner was my first introduction to the LGW NorCal crew. When I first walked through the door of the restaurant I got the sense that this was a good group. You have created something special … not just a car club or a group of enthusiasts … you’ve created a family. It was great overhearing you trade stories, tell jokes and catch up on life over the past couple of months. What a great experience. And let’s not forget those mints! People were still working on them the next day in San Francisco!

Saturday’s adventure to San Francisco with the SoCal crew was a blast. What a great group of people to hang out with. I’m not sure how often you guys meet up, but you seem to have a lot of fun people who know how to have a good time. Seeing the sights was great and I’ll post some of the photos later on when I get the chance. Now here is the crazy part, even though we had a great lunch in San Mateo, cruised around SF and chilled in J-Town, I think the best part was the late night car wash by the hotel. We set up shop and went to work getting ready for EOS. Oh, and in case you ever think that you can’t wash 7 cars on four bucks in quarters, you’re wrong!

EOS … EOS … EOS. Sunday was an awesome day. Once again we were greeted with open arms by the LGW NorCal crew and the event was awesome. Glen, Henry and the large group of volunteers that busted their *** put on a hell of a show. LGW NorCal gets it done and in a serious way. It was wonderful seeing all the different cars, talking to the owners and being pleasantly surprised at the food quality of the roach coach! I met a lot of new friends (Tee, Mark, Will, Manny, Ron … the list goes on and on!) and I hope to make in back to NorCal to hang out with you guys again. All the hard work and long hours that you put into that event definitely show!

So THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to the LGW NorCal group for putting on such a great event. It was above and beyond my expectations. You guys rock!

Oh, and one last question ... what did you guys put in that roach coach food? It must have been something wicked to make me think I'm crazy enough to embark on the road of putting together a Sin City meet next year!
Old 09-27-06, 11:44 PM
ebb100z
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ebb100z
EOS5 was awsome! I can't wait to be apart of next years event. It was great to finally see some faces to familar signon names. Thank goodness for the name tags for us newbies, such as myself. A very HUGE Thanks to the event organizers! You all did an AWESOME job! I have a few pics I will post up as well some time this week.
OK, here are the pictures I took. Also, a bit IS350 centric, but what can I say, I love the 2IS alot.... ENJOY!

Old 09-27-06, 11:45 PM
ebb100z
Lead Lap

Quick Reply: Official EOS5 post-meet pics and thoughts -- Big THANK YOU to all!