Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

For you Henry. =)

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-04, 01:28 AM
solo
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For you Henry. =)

oh, so sweet....

-sOlo-
Old 06-11-04, 09:06 AM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver

wow so clean, like a work art... TTE
Old 06-11-04, 11:11 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As far as i can tell, this looks like an IS model with a V8 motor.

Looks beautiful tho.

What is it ?

Last edited by RMMGS4; 06-11-04 at 11:13 AM.
Old 06-11-04, 11:14 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by RMMGS4
As far as i can tell, this looks like an IS model with a V8 motor.

Looks beautiful tho.

What is it ?
It is the only running IS430 from TTE in Koln Germany.
If my info is correct it has been supercharged by now.
Old 06-11-04, 11:56 AM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Richie
It is the only running IS430 from TTE in Koln Germany.
If my info is correct it has been supercharged by now.
Is the RMM IS430 not running anymore?

The TTE IS430 looks so much better than the RMM one though.

Last edited by bchau_gt; 06-11-04 at 11:56 AM.
Old 06-11-04, 12:02 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by bchau_gt
Is the RMM IS430 not running anymore?

The TTE IS430 looks so much better than the RMM one though.
I don't know if the RMM one is running or not but like I said, this black one is the only RUNNING one from TTE. The silver IS430 (the famous one from the Essen show) never did run.

I like the 6spd they put in the RMM car but the paint on that car is a bit.........not my taste.
Old 06-11-04, 12:32 PM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Richie
I don't know if the RMM one is running or not but like I said, this black one is the only RUNNING one from TTE. The silver IS430 (the famous one from the Essen show) never did run.

I like the 6spd they put in the RMM car but the paint on that car is a bit.........not my taste.
I agree. I thought the RMM paint job was kinda fugly.
Old 06-11-04, 12:33 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

This is the IS430 by TTE over in the other side of the world... for most of us. Wanted to point out the super clean job and that custom carbon fiber intake piping to work inconjunction with the stock IS300 airbox... attention to deatail and just professionally done.

-sOlo-
Old 06-11-04, 12:43 PM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

Originally posted by solo
This is the IS430 by TTE over in the other side of the world... for most of us. Wanted to point out the super clean job and that custom carbon fiber intake piping to work inconjunction with the stock IS300 airbox... attention to deatail and just professionally done.

-sOlo-
Yup, I always thought the TTE IS430 was amazing.
Old 06-11-04, 12:53 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

You guys think that TTE strut bar will clear our GE motors? Looks like it's really close or touching the 430 engine cover...

-sOlo-

Also kinda looks like the TRD bar... maybe just the color....

Last edited by solo; 06-11-04 at 12:55 PM.
Old 06-11-04, 01:10 PM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

You guys think that TTE strut bar will clear our GE motors? Looks like it's really close or touching the 430 engine cover...

-sOlo-

Hmmm, I don't know, but I like the PLP bars for our car (see below), especially when they're anodized in black. The TTE bar is probably just really close to the engine cover.
Old 06-11-04, 01:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

-sOlo-

yes that's the tte is430, one of the only two running in the world. the other running is430 is by rmm. the tte is430 was in the shop for blower since early this yr, no idea if it's done already or not and if so, what's the power number

that's the trd stb. it will not fit on our is300. the ge engine on our car is super high, that's why it doesn't clear at all. the v8 is a lot lower for the clearence. i love the look of that bar, never been a fan of 3 piece design stb.

what a beauty. and yes, comparing the two, i like the tte is430 a lot more than the rmm one. this one is just done so much nicer and smoother imho, i love the stock look.

thanks for the pics solo, what a dream....
Old 06-12-04, 08:32 AM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Yep, Henry is correct. The TTE was the FIRST to take on this project but ran into many problems along the way which slowed them down. The shame about all of this was when Lexus hired RMM to do the job and it overshadowed the whole TTE project. I remember having vids on my old computer system of when they first fired up the TTE car. It shouded like a beast. Nice find solo...
Old 06-12-04, 11:26 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

this is where i don't understand lexus/toyota. why they don't support tte at all, imho tte has been doing quite a good job over there in europe. they not only forced tte to buy a is200 (or 300 i don't know), they also said they couldn't give tte a 430 engine, and they had to BUY a whole new ls430 (yeah, not a gs430) for the engine, and then ship the ls430 with no engine back to toyota.

that's why tte ran into a lot of financial problem just to get the car and the engine. the rest was all about engineering, time, and money, and you guys know how it goes

on the other hand, YRS later (and i mean YEARS), lexus contract off rmm to build another is430. this time they gave them FREE is300 AND gs430, and provide all the computer wiring, ecu info, etc... for them to build the car. what was lexus thinking? oh and umm..... you don't thikn rmm figure out all the computer problems right?
Old 06-12-04, 12:26 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by rominl
this is where i don't understand lexus/toyota. why they don't support tte at all, imho tte has been doing quite a good job over there in europe. they not only forced tte to buy a is200 (or 300 i don't know), they also said they couldn't give tte a 430 engine, and they had to BUY a whole new ls430 (yeah, not a gs430) for the engine, and then ship the ls430 with no engine back to toyota.

that's why tte ran into a lot of financial problem just to get the car and the engine. the rest was all about engineering, time, and money, and you guys know how it goes

on the other hand, YRS later (and i mean YEARS), lexus contract off rmm to build another is430. this time they gave them FREE is300 AND gs430, and provide all the computer wiring, ecu info, etc... for them to build the car. what was lexus thinking? oh and umm..... you don't thikn rmm figure out all the computer problems right?
Wasn't it Lexus USA that commisioned the RMM car?

Quick Reply: For you Henry. =)