Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Dyno Day Follow Up

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-04, 01:37 PM
Jim Meader
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 4.9 liters was made by using Tundra Pistons in a stock SC400 block with custom steel sleeves made for the larger tundra piston.

The was no additional stroke used, some head combustion chamber work was done adding minor volume. This combination netted a static compression ratio of 9.6 -1, down from stock of 10-1, mainly becuase the tundra piston is dished where as the stock SC piston is flat with valve cut outs. The Tundra piston was also shaved 40,000ths to make everything work

The Tundra motor is the same as our SC motors just the block is cast iron instead of aluminum.
Old 03-01-04, 02:26 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by SC400-V8
Hey, with Jim Meader's SC490, what kinda engine is this?
Original 1UZ-FE
Old 03-01-04, 03:53 PM
recco1
Rookie

Thumbs up

This was my first time going to one of these meets and I must say that it was loads of fun. It was great to talk to people who are as excited about owning a Lexus as I am. Thanks to all the great GS's I saw, I now have the BUG. You know what bug, the own that keeps you awake at night and constantly asks the question, "what if?..........how much?..........when can I get it?"

Can't wait for the next meet!!!

P.S. Ken's Supra-powered SC rocked!! You know you got power when you shake the entire dyno rig after letting of the throttle.
Old 03-01-04, 04:34 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Ken, that reminds me... Please email me specs on your SC300-GTE so I can add you to the Turbo Registry on the FAQ. info@intellexual.net Thanks!

Last edited by lex400sc; 03-01-04 at 05:35 PM.
Old 03-01-04, 05:45 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally posted by recco1
This was my first time going to one of these meets and I must say that it was loads of fun. It was great to talk to people who are as excited about owning a Lexus as I am. Thanks to all the great GS's I saw, I now have the BUG. You know what bug, the own that keeps you awake at night and constantly asks the question, "what if?..........how much?..........when can I get it?"

Can't wait for the next meet!!!

P.S. Ken's Supra-powered SC rocked!! You know you got power when you shake the entire dyno rig after letting of the throttle.
what do you have, GS? if so, sorry to tell you bud, but you are going to spend a lot of money
Old 03-01-04, 05:57 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Jim Meader
My 4.9 liters was made by using Tundra Pistons in a stock SC400 block with custom steel sleeves made for the larger tundra piston.

The was no additional stroke used, some head combustion chamber work was done adding minor volume. This combination netted a static compression ratio of 9.6 -1, down from stock of 10-1, mainly becuase the tundra piston is dished where as the stock SC piston is flat with valve cut outs. The Tundra piston was also shaved 40,000ths to make everything work

The Tundra motor is the same as our SC motors just the block is cast iron instead of aluminum.
Hey Jim,

I am guessing you'll get 265rwhp/300rwtq (based on what you got and what other received from their mods as well) once you get that fuel ratio right on the money. You mentioned that the car dipped into the 10s and 11s which is absolutely pig rich.

Man I miss being in NorCal. Nothing happening here in Arkansas.
Old 03-01-04, 06:22 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Hermosa
Hey Jim,

I am guessing you'll get 265rwhp/300rwtq (based on what you got and what other received from their mods as well) once you get that fuel ratio right on the money. You mentioned that the car dipped into the 10s and 11s which is absolutely pig rich.

Man I miss being in NorCal. Nothing happening here in Arkansas.
that's why you should move back! and i am still waiting for pics!
Old 03-01-04, 06:29 PM
BoostAdict
Rookie

Hey guys,
I had a pretty good time out there. Event was well planned and organized. Happy to have met everyone out there. This was my first Lexus meet, and hopefully it won't be the last.

Thanks for the comment recco1. Now that you have the "bug," it'll be a while before you are "cured." Good luck with everything.

P.S. Just a little correction, the last pull wasn't actually 20lbs. It was more like 18psi. Not enough octane to handle that much boost.
Old 03-01-04, 06:51 PM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Figure I'll chime in and say "that was awesome!"
I got there kinda late but was there for Ken's pulls.
I brought a few people with me who weren't nearly as interested as me so I didn't stay long, but even my girl (who knows diddly about cars) almost had an orgasm when the BOV went off on Ken's car at the end of the 1st run.
Can't blame her. Had almost the same effect on me.

I was pleasantly surprised by the # of SCs present.
I was expecting to find mostly IS and GS but while I was there, SC dominated.

I'm new so I don't know anyone by name yet but thanks to the owners of the green and pearl SCs who let me examine their Injen intakes.
I'm now convinced that even though Injen says it only fits on 92-95, I can make it work on my 96.

Wish I had brought my camera. All I have is a few lousy camera-phone pics.

Oh well. Next time!
Old 03-01-04, 07:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by BoostAdict
Hey guys,
I had a pretty good time out there. Event was well planned and organized. Happy to have met everyone out there. This was my first Lexus meet, and hopefully it won't be the last.

Thanks for the comment recco1. Now that you have the "bug," it'll be a while before you are "cured." Good luck with everything.

P.S. Just a little correction, the last pull wasn't actually 20lbs. It was more like 18psi. Not enough octane to handle that much boost.
damn, from 15 to 18 and you pushed the tq from 380 to 430? that's very nice man! imho your car was the most impressive one that day, i love it! and man, you think this event was well organized, you should come to our annual meet, that thing would be a lot bigger

and yes, definitely keep it coming, we need cars like yours at the meet!
Old 03-01-04, 07:58 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

btw i am making this thread sticky for now
Old 03-01-04, 08:08 PM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default My picts from the meet

Here's some more picts

Above is was the most powerful car there. The boosted SC from Ken.

I LOVE the color of this GS

Here's a Vertex/VIS SC with carbon fiber hood.

Above is the line of SC's that showed up. A big showing!!!

We should have had this kompressor that showed up to go against the boosted SC! But nope..didn't happen

NO..This was NOT a picture of the 350z pullling away from me. I actually SLOWED DOWN so we could take a better picture...I was AHEAD of him before then! Saw this car on the way to the meet

Here's an airbox for those interested...this is SCanthony's (LexAnt)car!

Last edited by Anthracite SC; 03-02-04 at 10:17 AM.
Old 03-01-04, 08:48 PM
DPRSupra
Lexus Test Driver

Had a great time Glen thanks for organizing such an event...some pictures and link to more are below...hopefully next time i can bring the Supra and try to give BoostAdict's Supra TT motored SC a run for its money (no bets please I'm not a very lucky gambler)

Link
Old 03-01-04, 08:56 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like I missed some fun in the afternoon. My schedule just did not allow for spending the afternoon there. The cars look great. Looks like some new faces. Can't wait for the turnout for the annual meet.

BTW, can we do a little license blurring before posting pics?
Old 03-01-04, 09:07 PM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default corrected.

Whoops..problem corrected.

Yes..Thanks to Glen for organizing!

Quick Reply: Dyno Day Follow Up