Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

***--- Bear Mountain/7 Lakes Drive meet (Sunday, June 29th, 2003) ---***

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-03, 08:08 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Default More news from the recreation area...

I just got off the phone, talking with Leevon from the administrative office of Anthony Wayne Recreation Area. He's cool to let us hold a BBQ/picnic there, and he'll point us around when we get there. I will sign a picnic permit on the day of the meet, there is no charge for the permit

There is a parking fee of $6.00 at the recreation area when you get to the ticket booth, but this fee covers parking and use for the rest of the parks in the state park, so make sure you hold on to the ticket.
Old 06-18-03, 08:13 AM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hammeed....your coming from Niagra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Anyway I'll bring hot dogz and hot dog bunz.
Old 06-18-03, 08:26 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Hameed
What would be the directions if you're coming from Canada? I would probably cross the border at Niagara Falls, NY
Hameed, if my memory serves me correctly, after you cross the border at Niagara Falls, you'll want to be on I-90 going east past Syracuse and Utica, then take I-87 south (NY Thruway) to Palisades Pkwy north, and off at exit 17. Hope this helps, and it'd be awesome for you to come down
Old 06-18-03, 08:36 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally posted by lexusk8
Hameed, if my memory serves me correctly, after you cross the border at Niagara Falls, you'll want to be on I-90 going east past Syracuse and Utica, then take I-87 south (NY Thruway) to Palisades Pkwy north, and off at exit 17. Hope this helps, and it'd be awesome for you to come down
Approximate how many hours drive is it? Just a ballpark is what I am looking for. I have to still talk my wife into it!
Old 06-18-03, 09:21 AM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Hameed
Approximate how many hours drive is it? Just a ballpark is what I am looking for. I have to still talk my wife into it!

at least 6
Old 06-18-03, 10:14 AM
WRXtsy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you guys mind if me and a few of my local club members tag along? we'll bring whatever... i've met quite a few of you already and i'm looking forward to meeting you guys again.
Old 06-18-03, 10:17 AM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by WRXtsy
you guys mind if me and a few of my local club members tag along? we'll bring whatever... i've met quite a few of you already and i'm looking forward to meeting you guys again.
I don't mind...where in NY u from, im from Peekskill?
Old 06-18-03, 10:22 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Thumbs up WRX!

Originally posted by WRXtsy
WRX, nice to see you again! Been a while since the track meet in April. Yeah man, you can bring along however many members as you wish, and if you don't mind, post here or PM me what items you plan to bring. Keep a watchful eye on the 1st post as I will be updating the list and other misc info.
Old 06-18-03, 10:22 AM
WRXtsy
Driver School Candidate

we're all from NYC/LI.

what happened to Cannan? where's the weather report?!?! ...i guess it's a lil too early
Old 06-18-03, 10:29 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: WRX!

Originally posted by lexusk8
WRX, nice to see you again! Been a while since the track meet in April. Yeah man, you can bring along however many members as you wish, and if you don't mind, post here or PM me what items you plan to bring. Keep a watchful eye on the 1st post as I will be updating the list and other misc info.
i think is best if you assign what people should bring. its worked out so far =)
Old 06-18-03, 10:35 AM
EvgeshaIS300
Lexus Test Driver

count me in (Brooklyn NY IS300) + maybe my gf and here FX35
Old 06-18-03, 11:14 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by VSsc400
i think is best if you assign what people should bring. its worked out so far =)
Dennis, I hear ya, but it's still kinda early to tell exactly how many will come down. Probably best to wait till the end of this week and see what the headcount is, then we'll decide who brings what items.

EvgeshaIS300, I got you + 1 down

Last edited by lexusk8; 06-18-03 at 11:15 AM.
Old 06-18-03, 02:45 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by futuregs
Hammeed....your coming from Niagra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Future you took the words out of my mouth, if Hameed comes from Canada I've GOTTA come huh? I'm just not sure, but if i do, i'll be leaving from Bk, NY or Worcester, MA both of which seem to be about 3hrs+, if I punched in Mapquest properly. If I come, I think I'm gonna bring my gf, this seems to be a perferct trip for that, nice scenery, grill food, and for those who havent been, Bear Mountain offers very romantic and secluded "nooks" (at least it did when I was 12!). Are you guys bringing your wives/gf's/etc?

BTW- count me in for chips, sodas, napkins, condiments if I come!
Old 06-18-03, 04:02 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

for those of you who have TMengineering and Daizen stuff I have their sticker and also license plate frames that I will bring.

Also I'll put my car up for test drive for those of you who want to test the Daizen stuff installed car out.
Old 06-18-03, 05:07 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by VSsc400
for those of you who have TMengineering and Daizen stuff I have their sticker and also license plate frames that I will bring.

Also I'll put my car up for test drive for those of you who want to test the Daizen stuff installed car out.
Dennis, if you don't mind, could you bring along grilling utensils, charcoal and lighter fluid? I looked back at previous meet threads, and saw you volunteered to bring that stuff up at a FBF meet, so you may be our grill man here

Quick Reply: ***--- Bear Mountain/7 Lakes Drive meet (Sunday, June 29th, 2003) ---***