Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

New Member--Anyone else from Cape Cod??

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-14, 03:50 AM
CapeCodder
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member--Anyone else from Cape Cod??

Hi!

New CL friend from The Cape (yes, people DO live here year round!!)

Let me know if anyone wants to meet up and do Lexus things (lol..whatever that is...☺)...

I LOVE my little is300, but I can't ignore the undercarriage issues I am having...maybe struts? Scared to death of what it might cost to fix..I will go post specifics on another forum/thread--but basically I heard a LOUD "BOING" a while back which seemed to come from the left tire area/undercarriage..and car has been getting progressively bouncy with squeaky noises and bottoming out on potholes/road bumps sometimes--so other than avoiding potholes--lol--I need to find out what it is and sigh...how much it will cost..bad timing (Holidays..) for this single Mom on SSDI for sure...but gotta stay safe and mobile..if for no other reason than to get my son to hockey practice...

Anyone know a GOOD REPUTABLE mechanic in SE MA? My old trusted and true guy passed away (he was @80...worked on our family cars FOREVER--when he wasn't in FL racing his Indy-type cars...) I need to find someone who won't overcharge me cuz I am a "girl" and don't have a lot of car knowledge...(I am thinking of taking a simple maintenance class at local night school--just to learn the basics!!)

Anyway--nice to be here...if you can answer any of the above--Thanks!
Old 12-28-14, 07:42 PM
the.wong.k
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome! i live in the south shore, there are a bunch of lexus owners around the boston area, up in western ma, and in the RI area. i can always take a look at your car if you willing to travel 45mins up to the quincy area, im a full time mechanic