Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Alternative to the Dealership in MD, VA, DC Metro

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-08, 04:34 PM
sotousa
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you very much for the information. I had a really good experience at LXT Automotive. I really recommend it and trust them.
Old 08-05-08, 11:14 AM
howat
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would also recommend a place like --------------. Good folks, Master technicians. Give it a shot, no hurt. thx

Howat

Last edited by howat; 03-25-09 at 08:45 AM. Reason: no longer valid
Old 10-10-08, 02:13 PM
lexusmaxus
Driver School Candidate

Default Nelson at LXT

Just wanted to put in a word regarding the recent work that I had done at LXT in Rockville, MD -- I found the referral through this thread. Nelson is a terrific guy to work with and he really does take the time to explain things thoroughly, follows up while the service is followed up, and does a great job overall. To top the great customer care, you also get to save a good 40 to 60 percent on the bill. I had my 90k service (1700 at the dealer, much more palateable at LXT!!) done at his shop and I honestly can say that the car runs better than when I had just bought it at 33k. I highly recommend any VA,MD, or DC people to consider Nelson's services to not just save money but to get great personal attention from a friendly, knowledgeable expert. I will definitely be going back to LXT for any future work. Thanks Nelson.
Old 10-16-08, 08:45 AM
BRADSGS4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KiPod
As long as you say "as an alternative to" and not "as opposed to" Im fine. LXT seems to buy from Silver Spring or Rockville depending on who can get the parts to him the fastest. You will almost always pay more for service at a dealer. A dealership has many more expenses than a small repair shop. Who do you think paid for all the training Nelson received.. the Dealership he worked at did. I work on all my cars myself so I dont worry about the cost of labor anywhere. There are pros and cons to both independent repair shops and dealers but it all comes down to who you trust and the service you get. You cant put a price on trust.
I have to agree with Kipod on this. The dealer can be great and I have cleaned up alot of mess form this area's alternative maint places. I have been more money as many times as less money. We do 130 cars avg a day for a reason. There is alot of members on here that get work done with me. They all leave happy because I give good service. Alot of people come to the dealer for maint history reasons and they want the best. I can't speak for other's but my service will take care of you and your car.
Old 11-28-08, 04:36 AM
Marylander
Driver School Candidate

+1 on LXT. Have now been there twice, for 10K and 15K service. Nelson is simply excellent, and the price cannot be beat.
Old 11-28-08, 05:19 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

damn. now only if someone would give a good recommendation for jerzee
Old 12-14-08, 08:18 PM
MainSource
Rookie

Does anyone know of any other shops/techs closer to Baltimore? I'll definitely be keeping LXT in mind, but it's at least an hour trip for me, and any time saved is a boon.
Old 12-14-08, 09:38 PM
beez43
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I definitely had a great experience with brad at the lexus dealer in alexandria!!! BIG THUMBS UP!!!
Old 12-22-08, 05:09 PM
caboosesw
Driver School Candidate

I have heard that Cho's in Gaithersburg is great on Toyota/Lexus ... I will be checking them out the next time I have an issue. I have been going to Winkler Automotive who are good but notoriously high priced. I'll also check out LXT.

Cho's Auto Service
28 N Summit Ave
Gaithersburg, MD 20877
301-948-8350
Old 12-23-08, 03:48 PM
KiPod
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Cho's is good too. I believe Larry Cho is the owner and his brother Ricky has a shop in Temple Hills (RC Auto) as well.

Last edited by KiPod; 03-13-09 at 07:18 AM.
Old 03-13-09, 06:50 AM
juan.lu
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys for the information about lxt automovite. I just took my is300 to nelson for 90k service. Now my car is running way better and at the same time i save a lot of money.
Old 03-13-09, 08:37 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Definately good to hear of the alternative shops. Kipod and Brad are fellow members who work at lexus dealers who have worked on several members cars and they do provide top notch service. For those of us who are a little more budget minded, and poclet emptied (lol) the alternative shop seems to be getting rave reviews from you all. Great find. You guys who are local to the DMV area should not only check out this forum (NE) but also the NELOC forum as well for activities, events, etc. Both forums are a great way to keep inb touch with members and get a sense of things going on in/around the area.
Old 03-18-09, 12:07 PM
_XpLiCiT_
Lead Lap

This is awesome well definitely check out LXT. I need to get my Daizen control arm bushings put in and need to get my Power steering pump checked.
Old 03-25-09, 08:42 AM
howat
Pole Position

I've meet the guy in front of his shop and we had a good long discussion. It's a family owned business. He appears to be nice, honest and confident of his skills. I had some head light issues which he looked at, fixed without cost. Recently, his business is picking up, thus to avoid the wait - I've opted to go elsewhere. Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by Marylander
Thanks! I had seen them on Craig's List, but had no one to vouch for them. What service did you have done, and why did you like their work?
Old 04-21-12, 04:40 AM
DamDan
Driver School Candidate

Does LXT still exist? I am 6 months new to the DMV area.

Quick Reply: Alternative to the Dealership in MD, VA, DC Metro