North Texas Lexus Club Club Lexus members from TX!

DFW - Organizing Lexus Meets

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-18, 05:37 PM
Burch_RCF
Driver

Received 65 Likes on 38 Posts

looks like the cops shut it down, i just got here. you all anywhere close to meet and figure out where the spot moved?
Old 12-15-18, 05:38 PM
jonmonkey
Advanced

Received 152 Likes on 128 Posts

I am sitting at the 7-11 off Indepenence and Rolater. I am open to meeting somewhere else if needed.
Old 12-15-18, 05:41 PM
SoFresh16
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well- that was wack!! The cops put a stop to the meet real quick.

Peeps we need to plan a meetup, any ideas??
Old 12-15-18, 08:42 PM
Burch_RCF
Driver

W.E.L.P.

Sorry guys... wish the circumstances had been different tonight. Was good to meet a few people and hopefully under better terms next time.

Just going to post sanctioned and permitted meets in here from now on, not local or club meets (live and learn). Cars and coffee should be firing back up pretty soon with Gas Monkey and the next Cantina meet is 1/5.

Also if a few just want to grab In-N-Out Burger (or any food) or meet for coffee or something that might be better too - no cops, kids w/ mustangs or burnouts with that.
Old 12-16-18, 08:09 AM
sirdimarco
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by hwcustoms
W.E.L.P.

Sorry guys... wish the circumstances had been different tonight. Was good to meet a few people and hopefully under better terms next time.

Just going to post sanctioned and permitted meets in here from now on, not local or club meets (live and learn). Cars and coffee should be firing back up pretty soon with Gas Monkey and the next Cantina meet is 1/5.

Also if a few just want to grab In-N-Out Burger (or any food) or meet for coffee or something that might be better too - no cops, kids w/ mustangs or burnouts with that.
Foreal man. I was driving around for an hour looking for the original location and then when I got to the new address in the parking lot as soon as I parked and got out of the car some dumbass in a challenger decided to do burnouts. The security came in quick after that. Was a complete waste of time but at least I got to enjoy my ride.
Old 12-20-18, 08:27 AM
PrimeRibSC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope I can attend the next meet with you guys. I'm coming from Tyler so it's not a bad drive. I've heard that Buccies in Terrell has a meetup but never was able to find recent information on it.
Old 12-20-18, 08:52 AM
Burch_RCF
Driver

Originally Posted by PrimeRibSC
I hope I can attend the next meet with you guys. I'm coming from Tyler so it's not a bad drive. I've heard that Buccies in Terrell has a meetup but never was able to find recent information on it.
Yes they have a meet each week at 7 on Wednesday. I saw some people post some pics from last night and it looks decent. It's about an hour and a half from me and hard to make after work, but if I know others are going I will try to meet up.
Old 12-20-18, 08:58 AM
PrimeRibSC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes they have a meet each week at 7 on Wednesday. I saw some people post some pics from last night and it looks decent. It's about an hour and a half from me and hard to make after work, but if I know others are going I will try to meet up.
Yeah work really makes it hard for me. Most drives to meets are 2 hours minimum, not to mention that I work Monday-Friday from Noon-10:00 PM. Weekends are basically my only opportunity unless I request a day off just for the meet. I'm really surprised there's not more weekend meets with many people also having M-F jobs
Old 12-20-18, 09:18 AM
Burch_RCF
Driver

Originally Posted by PrimeRibSC
Yeah work really makes it hard for me. Most drives to meets are 2 hours minimum, not to mention that I work Monday-Friday from Noon-10:00 PM. Weekends are basically my only opportunity unless I request a day off just for the meet. I'm really surprised there's not more weekend meets with many people also having M-F jobs
There will be plenty in January from what I am seeing. There will be another Lava Cantina meet, Nebraska Furniture will be hosting another FueledUp meet in the Colony and Cars and Coffee will return. All of these should have pretty good turn outs and be on Sat or Sun. As soon as I hear dates and times I will post.
Old 12-20-18, 09:51 AM
Burch_RCF
Driver

Cars and Cantina Meet
Lava Cantina - 5805 Grandscape Blvd, The Colony, TX 75056
Saturday 1/5 @ 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
$5 Entry for Charity

There was a pretty nice turnout of all different makes and models as well as a few supercars last month. They also had a DJ, food trucks and you can always hang out and eat at Cantina. Pics below are from last month.

Last edited by Burch_RCF; 12-20-18 at 02:46 PM.
Old 12-20-18, 10:20 AM
Burch_RCF
Driver

FueledUp Car Meet
Nebraska Furniture - 5600 Nebraska Furniture Mart Dr, The Colony, TX 75056
Sunday 1/13 @ 7:00AM - 10:00 AM
$5 Entry

Last month there was about a 200 car turnout with a nice mix as well as a handful of supercars. I think it being new and very cold kept a few people away. I expect a larger turnout for the second show. They had vendors, food trucks, free coffee and Monster on hand as well as a DJ.

Last edited by Burch_RCF; 12-20-18 at 02:45 PM.
Old 12-20-18, 02:31 PM
Burch_RCF
Driver

Cars and Coffee - Southlake
Dragon Stadium - 1085 S Kimball Ave, Southlake, TX 76092
Saturday 1/26 @ 7:30AM - 10:30AM
$10 Entry for Charity

This is the first event from the Southlake group. They raised efforts after the event was shutdown at Classic BMW and got enough support from local sponsors to put it together. This is not the Gas Monkey even that is still rumored to occur in the next couple months, but should hopefully have a good turnout. Come show local support and hopefully establish another local DFW meet!

Last edited by Burch_RCF; 12-20-18 at 02:44 PM.
Old 12-20-18, 02:47 PM
sirdimarco
Pole Position

Ill be at the cars and cantina on 1/5 for sure. Its not on parkupfront yet though. Posted it in the facebook group but barely any hits.
Old 12-20-18, 02:49 PM
Burch_RCF
Driver

Originally Posted by sirdimarco
Ill be at the cars and cantina on 1/5 for sure. Its not on parkupfront yet though. Posted it in the facebook group but barely any hits.
Its on PUF now. I registered a few minutes ago

Old 12-20-18, 03:00 PM
sirdimarco
Pole Position

Its on PUF now. I registered a few minutes ago
Nice! I just did as well. Im going to try my hardest to get my intake, heat shield and air/oil separator installed before showing up.

Quick Reply: DFW - Organizing Lexus Meets