Best Body Shop in Austin, TX? - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
North Texas Lexus Club Club Lexus members from TX!

Best Body Shop in Austin, TX?

Old 10-22-16, 04:25 PM
  #1  
TXAG96
Driver School Candidate
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Best Body Shop in Austin, TX?

My IS 350 is in need of front end body work and paint. Any suggestions for best body shops in Austin, TX?

Local dealer suggested:
  • Caliber Collision
  • Service King
  • Berliís Body Shop
  • Autocraft Body Werks
TXAG96 is offline  
Old 01-25-18, 06:43 AM
  #2  
hochb
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Texas
Posts: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

when I had my 2007 Z4, I took it to Berli's. I would go back. They did a wonderful job.
hochb is offline  
Old 02-18-18, 05:30 PM
  #3  
texboy83
Driver School Candidate
 
texboy83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: tx
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Whitakers auto body and paint....in Lakeway, ask for me, my name is shane
texboy83 is offline  
Old 05-03-18, 11:15 AM
  #4  
lychu87
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 19
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Depends on what you need done to the car. When I lived in Austin, I used Autocraft Body Werks for normal repairs since they focus on Lexus and were endorsed by Lexus of Austin. They did a great job after my front-end was decimated after I hit someone who ran a stop sign. Prices are fair and customer service is very good. If you need any custom or fabrication work done though, I would recommend Annihilator Customs.
lychu87 is offline  
Old 06-16-18, 05:17 PM
  #5  
DeanWeen
Driver School Candidate
 
DeanWeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 49
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Any good info n ATX

Originally Posted by texboy83 View Post
Whitakers auto body and paint....in Lakeway, ask for me, my name is shane
texboy83 I'm looking for someone who knows more about what I'm about to go through and maybe it's you. If it's not, I'm thinking you might know who can help me. Being new to 2JZ-GE fever I bought a 95 GS3 recently bought 02 GS seats because mine are shot in every aspect and considering I'm over six feet tall having a set of working seats is imperative. My seats function except for the "slide" switch. Which may end up being a switch problem but they're so old they're cracked all the way through the padding not just the leather.. if it's going to take making some adapters or welding in some new mounts then I'm cool with paying somebody to do this work. I just need to know what I'm facing. Any help much appreciated. Thanks.
Deaner
DeanWeen is offline  
Old 06-18-18, 06:49 PM
  #6  
texboy83
Driver School Candidate
 
texboy83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: tx
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DeanWeen View Post
texboy83 I'm looking for someone who knows more about what I'm about to go through and maybe it's you. If it's not, I'm thinking you might know who can help me. Being new to 2JZ-GE fever I bought a 95 GS3 recently bought 02 GS seats because mine are shot in every aspect and considering I'm over six feet tall having a set of working seats is imperative. My seats function except for the "slide" switch. Which may end up being a switch problem but they're so old they're cracked all the way through the padding not just the leather.. if it's going to take making some adapters or welding in some new mounts then I'm cool with paying somebody to do this work. I just need to know what I'm facing. Any help much appreciated. Thanks.
Deaner

yeah man, you are going to have to make brackets to fit to the car you have. It isnít a hard thing to do but we do not honestly mess with that kind of stuff. I am more geared towards collision cars rather then projects. If you are in need of a collision shop, I am the #1 shop referred by Lexus of Lakeway, as well as Land Rover/ Jaguar of Austin. So quality and service isnít an issue. As far as those brackets I would honestly go to a custom shop, Annihilater isnkkay, they are pricey and service sucks..I would just try and find a metal fan shop... try Crossroads Restorations
texboy83 is offline  
Old 06-20-18, 05:09 PM
  #7  
DeanWeen
Driver School Candidate
 
DeanWeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 49
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Gracias

Originally Posted by texboy83 View Post
yeah man, you are going to have to make brackets to fit to the car you have. It isnít a hard thing to do but we do not honestly mess with that kind of stuff. I am more geared towards collision cars rather then projects. If you are in need of a collision shop, I am the #1 shop referred by Lexus of Lakeway, as well as Land Rover/ Jaguar of Austin. So quality and service isnít an issue. As far as those brackets I would honestly go to a custom shop, Annihilater isnkkay, they are pricey and service sucks..I would just try and find a metal fan shop... try Crossroads Restorations
Texboy83
lol let's honestly hope that I'm never in need of your services regarding the collision aspect but you never know right! And I will most definitely remember you in that event. I do realize that what I'm doing is project rather than paycheck but myself being a welder only of 9th grade shop quality I can only take on the projects that fit within my narrow area of expertise. Sadly I can draw plans all friggin day but when it comes to welding I'm out... I will check with crossroads. I mean it's honestly a matter of making a set of brackets and the just reversing a set. But I don't have anything to cut the kind of metal I would trust putting myself or wife stop at 85 miles per hour and drive from Buda to Sunset Valley everyday! Honestly it's getting to the point that I'm actually trying to sell them so I can just buy a set of those universal style racing buckets and get the vehicle specific brackets for those. I can handle puzzles! Lol even 40 pound puzzles and 75 pound garbage can weights like I'm currently riding now. I'm just doing in this car where the seats are set for 5'8"and I'm 6'4" lol.. thanks for the referral. If they take me on then I'll make sure to wait until I'm handing them a few hundred dollar bills before I mention you sent me! Lol
DeanWeen is offline  


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best Body Shop in Austin, TX?


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: