North Texas Lexus Club Club Lexus members from TX!

Good Shops Plano(ish)?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-12, 05:32 PM
Piratse
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Shops Plano(ish)?

I did a search and didn't come up with anything (maybe I missed it?).
I just bought a rough sc300 and would like to begin to restore it. I had all the help I needed when I lived in Houston and could do all the work in a shop for free, but now that I am up here I need an HONEST and good mechanic to do some work in the Dallas area. I would like to do an engine swap (nothing crazy) or get my current engine running smooth. I could also use a paint/body person in the future to fix a major dent and respray the stock color.

Also if anyone could ball park what it would cost to install a new engine at a shop that would also be nice. Thanks everyone!

Tl;dr: Good and honest mechanic in the Dallas area.
Old 06-04-12, 05:50 PM
rapsquared
Driver

Fresh shop opening next to topspeed on Billy mitchell drive in Addison. Great guys with high end clientele and amazing abilities. Stop by and chat with anyone at topspeed for more info.
Old 06-04-12, 08:02 PM
Piratse
Rookie

Originally Posted by rapsquared
Fresh shop opening next to topspeed on Billy mitchell drive in Addison. Great guys with high end clientele and amazing abilities. Stop by and chat with anyone at topspeed for more info.
Thanks I will look into them.
Old 08-07-12, 08:26 AM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was actually coming here to ask for similar advice.

I have heard very good things about Mister Collision, although I have not yet been there myself.
Old 08-24-12, 09:29 AM
Carnut
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Piratse
I did a search and didn't come up with anything (maybe I missed it?).
I just bought a rough sc300 and would like to begin to restore it. I had all the help I needed when I lived in Houston and could do all the work in a shop for free, but now that I am up here I need an HONEST and good mechanic to do some work in the Dallas area. I would like to do an engine swap (nothing crazy) or get my current engine running smooth. I could also use a paint/body person in the future to fix a major dent and respray the stock color.

Also if anyone could ball park what it would cost to install a new engine at a shop that would also be nice. Thanks everyone!

Tl;dr: Good and honest mechanic in the Dallas area.
Davenport Motor Cars on Plano Parkway about 1/2 mile west of Coit Road on Plano Parkway. They ONLY work on Lexus cars......cheaper than dealership I think. Friendly people.
Old 10-10-12, 08:55 PM
SCary400
Driver

Not in Plano, but I've taken my cars to and recommend every person that needs service to go to Triple A Muffler Complete Auto Care here: https://plus.google.com/111313670808...gl=US&hl=en-US

I nor anyone I know has ever been steered wrong by them. Likely one of the last honest businesses left on the planet.
Old 10-11-12, 07:01 AM
Carnut
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SCary400
Not in Plano, but I've taken my cars to and recommend every person that needs service to go to Triple A Muffler Complete Auto Care here: https://plus.google.com/111313670808...gl=US&hl=en-US

I nor anyone I know has ever been steered wrong by them. Likely one of the last honest businesses left on the planet.
Not sure if it's my computer or not, but I cannot get that link to work. I'd love to know where Triple A Muffler is, especially if they are knowledgable about Lexus cars. Could you re-post where they are located please ? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-11-12, 05:18 PM
SCary400
Driver

Try this one: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Tripl...Texas&t=m&z=14

I don't know about their specific Lexus knowledge, but they have never done anything wrong with anyone I know. I've seen practically everything at their shop and between friends and family we've taken 3 Hondas, 2 Volkswagens, a BMW, a Volvo, a Mercedes Benz diesel, numerous late model Fords and Chevys, a Miata, and a 55 Chevy sedan. I've never taken my SC there as I've yet to have a problem with it, but if they time should come I wouldn't hesitate to do so.

They're straight as can be and if they can't fix it, they'll flat out tell you so and who they trust to do so.
Old 10-11-12, 09:58 PM
Carnut
Pole Position

I don't know about their specific Lexus knowledge, but they have never done anything wrong with anyone I know. I've seen practically everything at their shop and between friends and family we've taken 3 Hondas, 2 Volkswagens, a BMW, a Volvo, a Mercedes Benz diesel, numerous late model Fords and Chevys, a Miata, and a 55 Chevy sedan. I've never taken my SC there as I've yet to have a problem with it, but if they time should come I wouldn't hesitate to do so.

They're straight as can be and if they can't fix it, they'll flat out tell you so and who they trust to do so.
Thanks for the information. I've had five (5) Lexus cars and never needed a muffler yet. Glad you responded as Broadway in Garland is many miles from Plano and near Davenport Motor Cars that ONLY works on Lexus cars. I appreciate the tip, but if I ever need either of my Lexus cars worked on, I'll use the dealer or Davenport Motor Cars. I'll use this place if I have a muffler explode. I appreicate the information really, my son has a 2001 Chevrolet Camaro they might could put a headlight and turn signal on, which it desperately needs.

Regards,
Old 10-12-12, 05:49 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

I used JP Importz/Euro in Garland. Kind of a hike but Jason is an awesome guy.
Old 10-12-12, 06:03 PM
Carnut
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ArmyofOne
I used JP Importz/Euro in Garland. Kind of a hike but Jason is an awesome guy.
Can you elaborate on what his expertise is please ? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-13-12, 03:40 PM
UTGS400
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I have used Jason at JP Importz. No issues. I have only seen him work on Lexus/Toyota vehicles.

For about 4 years, I took my 2nd gen GS to Pat Lobb Toyota in McKinney. They are much closer than JP and had reasonable prices (much better than Lexus) and they stood behind their work.
Old 10-15-12, 09:37 AM
SCary400
Driver

Originally Posted by Carnut
Thanks for the information. I've had five (5) Lexus cars and never needed a muffler yet. Glad you responded as Broadway in Garland is many miles from Plano and near Davenport Motor Cars that ONLY works on Lexus cars. I appreciate the tip, but if I ever need either of my Lexus cars worked on, I'll use the dealer or Davenport Motor Cars. I'll use this place if I have a muffler explode. I appreicate the information really, my son has a 2001 Chevrolet Camaro they might could put a headlight and turn signal on, which it desperately needs.

Regards,
The name is to be ignored, they are a full service shop that does literally everything except transmission work.
Old 10-21-12, 09:46 PM
Matador
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ever had any exhaust work done there? Looking for a good muffler shop to rebuild mine from the downpipe back without trying to charge jotech prices.
Old 11-09-12, 08:15 AM
ShawnD
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Matador
Ever had any exhaust work done there? Looking for a good muffler shop to rebuild mine from the downpipe back without trying to charge jotech prices.
Check out Muffler King on Garland Rd. They do lots of the high HP cars that are roaming the DFW streets. Bryan is great to deal with and is a car guy!

https://plus.google.com/112441771489...ut?gl=us&hl=en

Quick Reply: Good Shops Plano(ish)?