North Texas Lexus Club Club Lexus members from TX!

DFW Tint Shop Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-11, 12:14 PM
sll0037
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DFW Tint Shop Recommendations

I'm in search of a quality shop that can tint my IS-F in the DFW area.

I searched the forums a bit and it seems Frisco Tint or Tritek are frequently recommended. Has anything changed in this respect?

I'm specifically looking for Formula 1 Pinnacle 30 tint, if possible.

Also, are you sunroof owners usually tinting the sunroof glass as well?
Old 10-18-11, 12:48 AM
Niche2425
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey here is a link that may help. Dont know about what kinda tint they got, but Im very satisfied with the shop and service and quality of my tints that i got done about 2years ago. tints I got are guaranteed for life not to wrinkle or any funny business like that. http://www.lonestarwindowtinting.com/
Old 10-18-11, 07:53 AM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran
Forum Moderator

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

Best Tint shop in the metroplex. They have tinted 18 cars for me and my family over 10 years.

Sunray's Tinting and Glass.

Tell them you are friend's of the Morrison Family, and you should recieve a discount. Butch and Sue McCollum will treat you right. Lifetime warranty (nationwide) and they only use the best 3M and Llumar film. They use laser guided cutting to ensure perfect lines, and I have NEVER had to take a car back for a tint problem. My Dad's F150 has had the tint for 8 years now, with no issues. Looks brand new.

They will tint anything you want, from headlights to taillights, to the windshield on your show car. If you want any tint percentage darker than TX limit's, they will still do it, all you have to do is sign a waiver saying you will not hold them accountable.

If you decide to go with them, PM me with your name, and I will send them an email telling them to expect you, to make sure you get your discount. Whatever price he tells you, go with it. The discounted prices are non-negotiable. Typically they are on the expensive side (my Lexus was $285 for 5% rear, 20% front, 5% brow on the windshield and 20% on the sunroof), but its worth it for the quality of work.

Last edited by ArmyofOne; 10-18-11 at 07:58 AM.
Old 10-18-11, 07:28 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I got my Huper Optik done at Pro Tint in Plano:

I have gotten my last 2 cars tinted there - they're not cheap but the work is great.

http://www.thetintmaster.com/

When looking at any tint shop, make sure when they offer lifetime warranty that they've been in business for a long time. The lifetime warranty isn't valid if they go out of business.

Last edited by huy33; 10-18-11 at 08:07 PM.
Old 10-18-11, 09:13 PM
sll0037
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most of the shops recommended wanted $400+ for either Formula 1 Pinnacle 30 or Llumar CTX 30. None were overly impressive on the service/sales side and I'm not convinced I want to pay that much for tint.

I was extremely impressed with a shop I stopped by called Speed Shield that offers the Llumar CTX 30. They do a lot of paint protection clear shields on nice cars and the owner was extremely nice, knowledgeable, and genuinely wanted my business.

I'll check out Sunray and Tint Master tomorrow and look into the Huper Optik film.