North Texas Lexus Club Club Lexus members from TX!

No Good Burglars...

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-09, 04:08 PM
dAng_bAy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Good Burglars...

Today, a neighbor mentioned some heavy set guy in a chevy pick up parked on the driveway and flashed his flashlight in the garage around 1-2 in the morn. Not sure which of the three cars he's after, but my main guess would be the supra. Trying to think where they or how would they find that kind of information... Only guess is maybe some one at the toyota dealership when i went to there to have a key made. another odd detail was some black and green crx that creep by slowly one night... oh hell, time to install cameras and load up the chl and 12 gauges...
Old 01-23-09, 04:40 PM
waijai
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Lock & Load ... I always have my shotty and handgun ready at home I've been thinking about installing a surveillance system.
Old 01-23-09, 04:43 PM
farquad
Lexus Test Driver

is the garage just open? or did he find a way to get in there :|
Old 01-23-09, 04:48 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

i doubt he would leave the garage open...their probably just scoping it out.
Old 01-23-09, 04:58 PM
TiiVoo
Rookie

Dangg! time to hunt them down! haha Why wait until they try to steal your car/s when you can just call the cops or confront them. I would soo write down their license's plates down. I get paranoid when something like that happens. Has your apt been in any kind of burglary problems before?
Old 01-23-09, 05:40 PM
dAng_bAy
Lead Lap

neighbor didn't get the plates and the garage was closed. whoever it was, parked their truck right in front of the garage door to stand and peep through the windows at the top of the garage door. cops don't do much but pull you over for traffic violations and wait 30-45 minutes after 911 calls over shots and burglaries to respond... Only thing to do is alert the HOA and neighborhood watch for now and be prepared...
Old 01-23-09, 06:55 PM
-JDOG-
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not good man. At least you're aware now.

Just last night, I cought two guys driving around my car in a somewhat empty parking lot when I was inside grabbing a drink with a friend. I kept a eye out, then they got out and peaked inside my car. OOOO THERE GOES THE PANIC BUTTON!!!
Old 01-23-09, 07:30 PM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Cool

Plano PD is reporting that alley-based theft is up.
They're good too. No broken glass or anything. In many cases the victims aren't aware they've been burglarized until later when they finally notice something's amiss.

Gotta love that castle law! Lock, load and defend the home and property!
Old 01-23-09, 08:09 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Good thing im in Oak Cliff. Right guys?
Old 01-23-09, 08:18 PM
vietdeluxx
Lexus Champion

Unbelievable... It is just not safe anywhere now
Old 01-24-09, 12:28 AM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

F that S*** you better get pit bulls plus the cameras around that Supra. Which Toyota dealer do you deal with......go during business hours and see if you see the CRX or a truck similar to what your neighbor saw hell even bring your neighbor with you. Keep us posted on what happens.
Old 01-24-09, 06:18 AM
dAng_bAy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MoLexus
F that S*** you better get pit bulls plus the cameras around that Supra. Which Toyota dealer do you deal with......go during business hours and see if you see the CRX or a truck similar to what your neighbor saw hell even bring your neighbor with you. Keep us posted on what happens.
Dealership I went to is Toyota of Grapevine... Have 2 dachsunds and a beagle, hahaha... They're no pitbulls, but they'll wake me up if they hear garage doors, door bells, and strangers entering the room.. be nice if they bark for cars on the driveway, but the del sol's alarm has a decent proximity and a very sensitive shock sensor... hahaha...

Last edited by dAng_bAy; 01-24-09 at 06:24 AM.
Old 01-24-09, 09:46 AM
-JDOG-
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dAng_bAy
Dealership I went to is Toyota of Grapevine... Have 2 dachsunds and a beagle, hahaha... They're no pitbulls, but they'll wake me up if they hear garage doors, door bells, and strangers entering the room.. be nice if they bark for cars on the driveway, but the del sol's alarm has a decent proximity and a very sensitive shock sensor... hahaha...
Beagles do the job well.
Old 01-24-09, 10:36 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that sucks maybe would could all do a stakeout! and stop them!
Old 01-24-09, 10:55 AM
chewy
Pole Position

man that sucks dude...ever since i moved here about two years ago i already got two of my car's jacked dude...these guys are good...i had the stock alarm along with the upgraded alarm with engine kill..and they still managed to take it...just keep on a look out and i quote this from a ex cop..."if you shoot...shoot to kill" just as long as you don't get him in the back =)

Quick Reply: No Good Burglars...