NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Had To Do A Shoe Change on the ISF

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-13, 08:32 PM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Moademan
You and me both!! I am tired of looking at the box sitting on my living room floor. Next weekend cannot come fast enough!

Thank you for the kind comments, Paul! I hoping it looks as I envision it in my head when she's all done.

Thanks Teo and MikeZ. As a matter of fact I am going down to JE Import down in Baltomore next weekend since I'll be down there anyway. They had done the install of my Sikky headers and their work was top notch.

I guess the biggest question that I am thinking about right now is how low to drop it. I was reading a thread on here that the recommended drop for street use is 13" from wheel center to fender in back and 13.5" in the front. Do you think that sounds about right?
she will look as amazing as u envision her to be.

the heights your stating is correct for street use depends mostly on road conditions in your area and what kind of look your going for. Also if your going to push the car hard I don't recommend you going lower then the height you stated due to the fact there's a possibility you will scrap hard on corners and on dips.
Old 06-16-13, 07:24 PM
Moademan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Roads aren't the best but once I get the fenders rolled/pulled I am hoping it will alleviate most of my issues. There are still quite a few bumps and holes on the regular route that I travel that I need to watch out for, but right now its the rubbing of the tires thats killing me.

Luckily most of my driving doesn't have me pulling to any parking lots or driveways that are steep so I should be able to get away with the drop I mentioned before. Worse comes to worse I'll have to keep an eye out for when the new suspension settles to see if it needs to be raised slightly.
Old 06-16-13, 09:01 PM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Roads aren't the best but once I get the fenders rolled/pulled I am hoping it will alleviate most of my issues. There are still quite a few bumps and holes on the regular route that I travel that I need to watch out for, but right now its the rubbing of the tires thats killing me.

Luckily most of my driving doesn't have me pulling to any parking lots or driveways that are steep so I should be able to get away with the drop I mentioned before. Worse comes to worse I'll have to keep an eye out for when the new suspension settles to see if it needs to be raised slightly.
Thats good that you know what your up against when it comes to the road conditions.

Tell me about the rubbing my vehicles are a mixture of Half and Half.

Half are stock height and for driving without a car and the other half are low to the ground with fender work down so i drive slow with those.

When you do the fender rolling which will be enough on the car maybe just a slight pull you wont have to hear or deal with the wheel rubbing.
Old 06-21-13, 06:26 AM
Moademan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Need4Speed
Thats good that you know what your up against when it comes to the road conditions.

Tell me about the rubbing my vehicles are a mixture of Half and Half.

Half are stock height and for driving without a car and the other half are low to the ground with fender work down so i drive slow with those.

When you do the fender rolling which will be enough on the car maybe just a slight pull you wont have to hear or deal with the wheel rubbing.

Well, tomorrow's the day. Getting a bit antsy here at work. I'm going to snap off some before pics and then afterwards I'll snap some after pics.

I am sure a pull is going to be needed in the rear with the 285's I'm rolling with back there. Not too much though, probably around a 1/8 or 1/4 of an inch.
Old 06-21-13, 01:10 PM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Well, tomorrow's the day. Getting a bit antsy here at work. I'm going to snap off some before pics and then afterwards I'll snap some after pics.

I am sure a pull is going to be needed in the rear with the 285's I'm rolling with back there. Not too much though, probably around a 1/8 or 1/4 of an inch.
Its a amazing feeling isnt it!!!!

Whatever the pull is it will be very minor.
Old 06-22-13, 08:45 PM
Moademan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mikez
Ask pr PM Teo, he has a lowered ISF so he will know best. Like Teo said... I only drive a IS AWD with F sport springs. And a Lotus lol

What part of NJ are you from? I see your license plate frame is from Bridgewater, Bridgewater is my local dealer!
I'm living in Hudson county for now due to the easy commute to midtown Manhattan. I'm looking to buy property further west so I can actually live in a house with a yard and a garage/driveway.

I happened to be looking at a house in Bridgewater and was coming back on 22 and saw the dealer. Decided to pull in to take a look at the new GS's, but didn't even make it that far into the showroom before I ran across the IS F.

Sales and Finance team seems okay compared to the normal salespeople I'm used to dealing with.

Do you know if their Service department reacts to cars with aftermarket parts? Some dealerships I've been to in the past threatened me with voiding my warranty for having bolt-ons. Hoping thats not the case here.
Old 06-23-13, 07:43 AM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They "were" cool with my mods (intake, lowered, wheels, exhaust) on my IS, I knew one of the service managers there. But the guy went to another dealer so I haven't gone back to Bridgewater in a while.

However the times I was there using other service managers, they didn't say anything. Also, their technicians are pretty professional, I've gotten some big work done there before and my car was always pretty clean with stuff back where it belongs (I've taken it to another dealer for work before where bits and pieces of the interior trims were not put back correctly and had to get them to redo it again).
Old 06-23-13, 12:56 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mikez
They "were" cool with my mods (intake, lowered, wheels, exhaust) on my IS, I knew one of the service managers there. But the guy went to another dealer so I haven't gone back to Bridgewater in a while.

However the times I was there using other service managers, they didn't say anything. Also, their technicians are pretty professional, I've gotten some big work done there before and my car was always pretty clean with stuff back where it belongs (I've taken it to another dealer for work before where bits and pieces of the interior trims were not put back correctly and had to get them to redo it again).
if your talking about Nick he went to lexus of route 10...i saw him there...bridgewater is good but if you own an F they will try to charge you more for everything since i witness this first hand. they showed a list pricing for all the services on the F compared to the regular is. everything was more expensive on the F. I mean I could understand some would be validated with the parts that is on the F but then there were some that I was like wow really...but I had good service relation with them the only thing is my car is too low the last time i went there for an alignment.

Last edited by Evil Teo; 06-23-13 at 01:00 PM.
Old 06-23-13, 01:02 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

I'm living in Hudson county for now due to the easy commute to midtown Manhattan. I'm looking to buy property further west so I can actually live in a house with a yard and a garage/driveway.

I happened to be looking at a house in Bridgewater and was coming back on 22 and saw the dealer. Decided to pull in to take a look at the new GS's, but didn't even make it that far into the showroom before I ran across the IS F.

Sales and Finance team seems okay compared to the normal salespeople I'm used to dealing with.

Do you know if their Service department reacts to cars with aftermarket parts? Some dealerships I've been to in the past threatened me with voiding my warranty for having bolt-ons. Hoping thats not the case here.
they won't say much about it...i been there before with my intake and exhaust and coilovers. only thing is if your drop and need alignment done u might want to go somewhere else...regular maintenance you should be fine...
Old 06-23-13, 03:09 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

need some more pics!
Old 06-24-13, 01:30 PM
Moademan
Driver School Candidate

Taking pics today when I get home from work. I didn't end up dropping it as much as I originally thought I would but definitely took care of the rake situation.

Correct me if I am wrong, but even with coilovers there is a break-in period and the car will go a bit lower as the suspension settles? If so, any ideas on how much further down it would go once it settles?
Old 06-24-13, 04:34 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Depends on the coil. An extra .25 inches over the next 2-3 weeks may be possible
Old 06-24-13, 09:21 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

there is a break in period but don't expect much of a drop...its probably less then what mike is stating...