NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

NELOC Maryland Meet and Greet!!! 3/9/13

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-13, 01:35 PM
phatjay
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trukn1
Hmm,, I have a meeting to attend in Glen Burnie until about 12, won't be too far away. I will stop by for a few. Can't stay long tho. Peek in and see where/what the new leadership is doing. I will park away from the rest of the group so as not to ruin photo shots. I sold my Lex last year and am now pushing a Ford.

** On a different note,, This new interest in bringing back the legacy that was created is refreshing. I have seen ALOT of the discussions on theFB page, and have refrained from comment due to not wanting to do so out of emotion. Anyways,, Alot of you guys have questions (what happened/why/when/ etc.) and they have gone unanswered. I will be happy to once again lend my assistance in helping you guys try and get this up and off the ground once again, and try to give the new leadership some prominent direction for success. Bring your questions,and I will try to provide as many answers as possible. Bring your ideas and I will give you tips/hints on how to make them work. This will be your opportunity to find out, first hand, what was done/how/etc. I will also see if I can contact a few more of the MIA OG's to come out as well. Not wanting to threadjack here, this question/answer session will ONLY be completed with permission from the OP.***
Originally Posted by trukn1
The first step in building solidarity as a group, is to first attract, and get people to come out. This is one of the only ways to move forward since things are pretty much getting started from the ground up again. Neloc's creed-o has always beentake pride in your ride, the rest will come in time. Stock, modded, doesnt matter,, just bring it.
I don't blame you one bit for your emotions Tony. After jumping in as leadership last season, the lack of care and interest I saw in the club was really concerning. I, as I'm sure others as well, feel that some "join" NELOC just so they can say they belong to something. People have to realize that talking with no action to back it up is as good as nothing. Everyone should make SOME type of effort in participating in events and communicating with each other. After all, people follow by example right? If a few members start hanging out and others see it, they'll eventually be interested in joining up with them and it continues from there. Whether it's a just a spontaneous hangout night to grab dinner or a big meet to gather everyone together, it should be about the quality time spent with friends or in this case, FAMILY, and not always all about the cars. When I joined NELOC in 09 and came out to Carlisle, I was so happy to see that it was such a tight knit group and that this was the motto they followed. I too am really glad to see all this new concern and activity for this season from so many. I guess things have to fall almost completely apart for people to realize that it's time to rebuild, but late is better than never. Although I won't be around too much this season, I'll still try to attend what I can and be here to do my part to support and communicate. I know a lot of members are already stepping up to get NELOC back on its feet, so I'm not worried!

- Jimmy
Old 02-25-13, 03:14 PM
Bdub215
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I should be able to make this. I'm not taking my lexus though. It Doesnt Leave the Tri state area.
Old 02-26-13, 01:17 AM
GilIS250
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I should be able to make this one and bring out my soccer mom RX out for a meet...
Old 03-01-13, 09:14 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's on my calendar, see everyone there.
Old 03-03-13, 02:40 PM
sr71b
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Rowdiggty
Im thinking about coming out from the westminster area, havent really done anything like this. my car is just stock is it open to anybody?
let me know
Open to all come out!

BUMP this Saturday is the day!
Old 03-04-13, 10:20 AM
phatjay
Lead Lap

Sorry for not being able to attend this guys. I work weekends and can only afford to choose one of this month's meets to take off for and decided to go with the NJ/NY one. It looks like you MD guys are doing a good job so far in reigniting the spirit in your area, so I want to be here helping ours do the same. I hope you all have a great time and take plenty of pictures!
Old 03-04-13, 10:36 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I will be there SC less!
Old 03-06-13, 12:27 PM
1JAllDay
Driver

sorry i havent been on here keeping everyone updated. Everything is obviously still a go. once again ANY AND EVERYONE is invited. stock, modded, broken, etc. if you can make it please join us. this will be a meet that will not be forgotten! I would like to take this time to thank Patrick for all that he has done for this meet. This really is his meet because i have had to do almost nothing! I can assure everyone this will be a very enjoyable meet! just come with the rule stated in the first post in mind and if you do not think you can contain yourself then please do everyone else a favor and spend a day at home.
Old 03-06-13, 12:53 PM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

looking forward to the pictures!!
Old 03-07-13, 10:16 PM
IS2FIFTY
Lead Lap

is there a Caravan from the NOVA area?
Old 03-08-13, 08:38 AM
nrgizeman
Driver School Candidate

Any ISF planning to show up tomorrow?
Old 03-08-13, 05:47 PM
TobiasSing
Intermediate

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

I just saw this....I won't be able to go because I just got back from Australia. Bummerific timing!!!
Old 03-08-13, 09:04 PM
TheAzn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TobiasSing
I just saw this....I won't be able to go because I just got back from Australia. Bummerific timing!!!

I just remembered about you just yesterday too and was gonna send you a pm on TN. Guess see ya at the next one which I guess its the 23rd one.
Old 03-09-13, 06:30 AM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Looking foward to thos pics. hope you guys have a good time and turnout!!
Old 03-09-13, 07:29 AM
1JAllDay
Driver

i can guarantee the turnout will be amazing and i can also guarantee a good time! Today is the day people!!

Quick Reply: NELOC Maryland Meet and Greet!!! 3/9/13