NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Springfest May 12th 2012 Va Beach Va.

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-12, 09:06 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Springfest May 12th 2012 Va Beach Va.

Planning is underway! Stay tuned for details!
We are currently looking for vendors and sponsors! See you in May

Date: Saturday, May 12th, 2012
Time: 11AM - 4PM
2181 Landstown Rd.

11 Car Show Classes:
  • Best FWD Asian Import
  • Best RWD Asian Import
  • Best AWD Asian Import
  • Best FWD Euro
  • Best RWD/RWD Euro
  • Best Domestic
  • Best VIP
  • Best Bike
  • Best Track Rat
  • Best Stance
  • Best in Show (People's Choice)

• Mobile AWD compatible Dyno jet dyno pulls courtesy of Dyno On The Go
  • Entertainment provided by DJ Aetgy and special guests

Vendors on hand:
  • Dirty Details
  • Custom Graphics
  • Stock or Modified Bodyworks
  • Rameybuilt

Facebook event page (Invite your friends!)

Coverage from previous Springfest events

Well its that time of year again. The events are in the planning and the sooner people get notified the sooner they can plan to take off for certain events. This will be the third year of springfest Va. and each year it has only gotten bigger. They have moved the venue to Virginia Beach (the last two years it has actually been in Norfolk) this year the event is accessed by low car friendly roads. It is actually 5 minutes from my home so I can vouche for them. Most people have stayed at the Loft hotel in Chesapeake the new venue is only 15 mins away as apposed to 30 plus min before.

This has been a great time and those who have been both years can chime in on it.

I hope we can get a good showing from NELOC again this year.

Thanks

Joe
Old 01-03-12, 11:56 AM
PandaIS250
Lexus Test Driver

I did their photo coverage last year..see if you can get me a free pass for this year's event

http://www.sumospeed.com/archives/3966
Old 01-03-12, 12:28 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 02GGP_IS
I did their photo coverage last year..see if you can get me a free pass for this year's event

http://www.sumospeed.com/archives/3966
Done!!!!!!!
Old 01-03-12, 12:34 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow, already that time again. I missed last year and hopefully can make it. I'll be down in Virginia beach several times this year as we're planning our wedding at a venue on the ocean front.
Old 01-03-12, 01:08 PM
PandaIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ultra Vip
Done!!!!!!!
Thank you Joe!
Old 01-03-12, 02:45 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Unfortunately After dinner get together is no longer at my house.

This event has grown so large that my house can no longer support it. ISO and I are making preparations to have a venue for us to hang out together. This year I will need as close exact numbers of those attending so I can make sure the venue has enough food, refreshments and space for everyone. Please be respectful of the limit of Neloc members and significant other or 1 guest. Please pm me if you would like bring more guest. This will be hosted by ISO and myself. If you would like to chip in on the expense that would be greatly appreciated but not necessary as I know everyone will be spending money just to come down. I would just like everyone to have a good time as we have been for the last couple of years.

Any questions please pm.

Thanks

Joe
Old 01-03-12, 05:32 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

wow...would love to go...need to mark this on the NELOC calender! wish i can go!
Old 01-03-12, 07:43 PM
PandaIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Evil Teo
wow...would love to go...need to mark this on the NELOC calender! wish i can go!
this is one of THE event that you don't want to miss...just FYI.
Old 01-03-12, 08:11 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 02GGP_IS
this is one of THE event that you don't want to miss...just FYI.
i know Jae but family is always first...trust me its hard traveling when you have a baby to look after...not easy at all......if i had the opportunity I would go, will be discussing this later with the fam.
Old 01-03-12, 08:15 PM
BernieIS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know Jae but family is always first...trust me its hard traveling when you have a baby to look after...not easy at all......if i had the opportunity I would go, will be discussing this later with the fam.
In past years there have been members that have brought wives and children. Make a little trip of it. That is what I do each year with my girlfriend who is now my fiance.

I will not miss this one.
Old 01-03-12, 11:06 PM
phatjay
Lead Lap

i'm definitely interested in attending this time around. it might not be that easy to get 2 weekends off in a row (let's not forget about the NJ meet the weekend after springfest!), but i'd love to go if i can get a decent group of members around here to do the same
Old 01-04-12, 06:00 AM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

this IS definitely a family oriented event. I have my daughter again this year and she is with me the whole time during the celebration and as Ryan says many others bring their family and significant others along too.

I personally focus on the car show and after dinner event which as I said is family oriented , thestuff that happens after the dinner. Well thats another story which Im to old for now. Be assured everyone has a great time during this event. Wether single, in a relationship or with family.

Hopefully you can make it down Teo. If you need me to help you make hotel arrangements that are close to everyone but not in the party central to make it more relaxing for your family lmk.
Old 01-04-12, 11:56 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BernieIS
In past years there have been members that have brought wives and children. Make a little trip of it. That is what I do each year with my girlfriend who is now my fiance.

I will not miss this one.
Originally Posted by Ultra Vip
this IS definitely a family oriented event. I have my daughter again this year and she is with me the whole time during the celebration and as Ryan says many others bring their family and significant others along too.

I personally focus on the car show and after dinner event which as I said is family oriented , thestuff that happens after the dinner. Well thats another story which Im to old for now. Be assured everyone has a great time during this event. Wether single, in a relationship or with family.

Hopefully you can make it down Teo. If you need me to help you make hotel arrangements that are close to everyone but not in the party central to make it more relaxing for your family lmk.
Thanks Guys, I will look into it but can't say I will make it.
Old 01-11-12, 06:12 PM
driftboy
Rookie

Went to the last springfest and had a blast, hopefully my SC will be ready in time for this one.
Old 01-11-12, 07:22 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Joe has talked me into coming down last year and me and wife had a blast hanging out and meeting great people and seeing some of the best cars on east coast. I will stress this again "if you can make it, this is a must attend event" Lets hope for a better weather this year we lucked out last year but it was iffy.
Joe, are these classes set? With more cars i'm sure this year then last year the RWD class is very tough without being split in different makes. We had like 30 rwd lexus last year and 10+ s2000s....not to mention many other rwd asian cars.

Quick Reply: Springfest May 12th 2012 Va Beach Va.