ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   NELOC (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/neloc-175/)
-   -   Sumospeed Springfest 2011 PICS Thread!!!!! (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/neloc/570840-sumospeed-springfest-2011-pics-thread.html)

ebb100z 05-16-11 02:21 PM

:thumbup: Well said Faithful Navigator!!! :thumbup:

Originally Posted by BernieIS (Post 6394123)
After returning home yesterday and arriving at midnight I did not want to do anything but go to sleep so I did not have an oppurtunity to get to a computer until now. I would first like to thank all the NELOC participants for supporting our group and also supporting SUMOSPEED and this up and coming event. I would also like to thank ISO, Liberty VIP, and Elite. You guys always come out strong and to just about every event there is. I myself appreciate the support that you bring to each event and also the quality in which you guys do it. Steve and Zeb thanks for bringing such a strong crew with a great display of quality rides. Steve thanks for the BBQ, it was great and very generous, I do appreciate it.

I also would like to say thank you for your understanding to all the participants in the VIP category as judging this category was much more difficult than I had ever expected. This was one of the new twists that we were presented with in partnering with SUMOSPEED for this years event. As we go further with this event I am sure that we will modify how the categories are judged and how the categories are broken down.

All in all this was a very successful event and I hope that we as a group can build off this momentum to continue the year as strong as this one has started. There were some beautiful cars and some great builds that will continue in the future. I urge all of you to continue to come out and support our group to help it grow stronger at each and every event.

On a personal note I would like to say that it was great to meet all the new people even though I did not have a chance to talk in depth with all of you as I would like to. It was great catching up with you old friends as well. I always look forward to these events and now that I live so far away I cherish them even more because they are so far and few between.

I do hope that all of those that needed NELOC stickers did get them, if not I still have some so send me a pm and I will send them to you. I would also like to thank a certain artist for his help in producing so many stickers for us, I know that you never want to see another one again, thanks.

Finally, I would like to thank Joe(Ultra_VIP) and his wife Samantha for their hospitality. Each of the past two years you have opened your home to our group as if we were your family and provided a great atmosphere to meet new people and to hangout with old ones. For this I extend a sincere thank you. Joe and Sam deserve a huge round of applause for this as they are the ones stuck with the mess when we all leave.

Let's keep the momentum going and come out strong to Ocean City. See you all there.

sweetlex 05-16-11 02:22 PM

I wanna thank everyone for the welcome into NELOC. What a great group of people.... Man, I wish we weren't all so far apart. Thanks to Joe and his family for the BBQ and hospitality. This is what it's all about... good friends, sweet cars, and well... more sweet cars.

p.s.
If anyone has a picture of my car, I would love to get a copy.

Ultra Vip 05-16-11 02:49 PM

Well said Ryan. As most know I'm a man of very few words, but Ryan has expressed mine and samanthas feelings of that thanks that we have for everyone taking the time to come down and enjoy good friends, good food, and nice cars. We are alway happy to host for our car family and clean up is not that big of a deal as everyone has been very respectful and helped pick up afterwards.

I am very pleased at the number of Neloc, elite and ISO and liberty vip members that did come to spend the weekend with us. Truthfully I was starting to have my doubts as I watched the attendance thread weeks before the show.

I hope we keep this exponential growth going for the rest of the year and next years event. If it does I'm gonna need to buy a bigger house to host the BBQ. Lol

Plans are in motion already for next year. If anyone has comments, concerns, or ideas about the event please pm me and lmk. I will do my best to relay the message, fix or implement them with Sumospeed for the next years show.

Ultra Vip 05-16-11 02:52 PM

Ps sorry if I didn't get to meet everyone or talk to everyone as long as I would have liked. I was so tired felt like a zombie walking around. I'm still trying to piece together the weekend as I had so much going on. Lol

lkapimp216 05-16-11 03:09 PM

Does anyone know where the pics from the sat caravan and carwash can be found??

Imnutz4jdm 05-16-11 03:36 PM

Awesome! Pix!

BernieIS 05-16-11 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by lkapimp216 (Post 6394329)

Check with Chance, I believe that I saw some on his blog.

Tabaka 05-16-11 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by ebb100z (Post 6393719)
Yeah, I was expecting you there. Even without your SC. :uh:

We only have one car and Kelly had to work on Saturday. And on Sunday we bought a new dining table and had dinner with her parents. Car meets are becoming harder and harder to attend these days :sad: Not to mention the SC is a piece of ***** sometimes. I've got it going into the shop for a timing belt/waterpump/full tune up this Wednesday. Estimate was a little bit over $1,000 so it's not so bad. Hopefully it runs a little better so I'll feel confident driving her out of town.

PandaIS250 05-16-11 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Tabaka (Post 6394456)
We only have one car and Kelly had to work on Saturday. And on Sunday we bought a new dining table and had dinner with her parents. Car meets are becoming harder and harder to attend these days :sad: Not to mention the SC is a piece of ***** sometimes. I've got it going into the shop for a timing belt/waterpump/full tune up this Wednesday. Estimate was a little bit over $1,000 so it's not so bad. Hopefully it runs a little better so I'll feel confident driving her out of town.

don't forget Hypefest next month tho..that show is AWESOME!!:thumbup:

montgb 05-16-11 05:02 PM

We are fortunate to have so many talented NELOC photogs - great pics, guys!

Originally Posted by lkapimp216 (Post 6394329)

Look up "VA Rides" on Facebook and Like them - they got a lot of good rolling shots from the caravan down.

lkapimp216 05-16-11 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by montgb (Post 6394602)
We are fortunate to have so many talented NELOC photogs - great pics, guys!

Look up "VA Rides" on Facebook and Like them - they got a lot of good rolling shots from the caravan down.

Good lookin, i checked em out no luck on my car I know there were a ton of rolling pics taken someone has something of my car!

trukn1 05-16-11 06:09 PM

Great work guys. In reviewing all that is happening and reflecting on the work that has been done, both past and now present I can truly say that I am proud of this new momentum that Neloc is finally taking. We finally have new fore-persons stepping forward and taking ownership/responsibility for new and exciting meets and events and it does me proud; having been in local position for more than 4 years myself. Now I can FINALLY step back and rest a little and enjoy some of the events myself (when I can), and not worry about every little aspect/problem/ etc. Most def keep up the good work guys, as the torch is passed to the "new leadership". I am still very much here and def a part of this family and will continue, as I have done so much of in the past, to support and lend a hand in whichever way I can when needed..

Originally Posted by Tabaka
Not to mention the SC is a piece of ***** sometimesHopefully it runs a little better so I'll feel confident driving her out of town. ......

Trust and believe I know your pain on this one. My 92 LS gives me the blues in the same manner, and is going under the knife for some major, overdue maintenance herself. Close to about $1K in parts alone. We have had those same trust issues, that you are currently having with your car, for some time now. LOL!!

***On a different note,, guys remember to edit your pics and block plate numbers out(online safety/security measure). Also please remember that your pics should be/need to be work safe for open forum. Some of them have been borderline and questionable, however were not deleted by me. Remember, these forums are open to view by both members as well as non members. Thanks!!**********

IS729 05-16-11 06:22 PM

just uploaded the pics I took!

here's the link :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6300608...ream_welcome=1

ebb100z 05-16-11 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by IS729 (Post 6394797)
just uploaded the pics I took!

here's the link :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6300608...ream_welcome=1

Matt! Those photos are amazing! You are a real good photographer! :thumbup:

Jae, I think we should hire Matt as an assistant on the JP/NELOC/ISF photo Team! :woot:

Chancellor 05-16-11 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by lkapimp216 (Post 6394696)
Good lookin, i checked em out no luck on my car I know there were a ton of rolling pics taken someone has something of my car!

Yeah you definatly need some rolling pics of your car. It looks so ill going down the road. I loved following you home Sunday. ha

Check your email I sent you 2 short vids of your car rolling...