Intuitive milling machine

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-08, 06:12 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intuitive milling machine

well over a dinner tonight.

i have access to an intuitive milling machine. im asking my fellow neloc members what do you think we need?

if members come up with a list of things that they would be willing to purchase and help me come up with the specs. i will be willing to use my contacts to have these pieces made.

for myself i think im finally going to try to get a centerfugal supercharger setup. may even try to see if i can try to mass produce the kit if possible.

things can be as small as battery tie downs to as big as i dunno what if you have the funding.

help me out and ill help you out.

if this is in violation of any rules. my bad. mods please delete then.

Diclamer: This is a means to help fellow members finally get that piece they have been wanting but can not find or no one produces. I am just using my contacts to help them get it. I am not a buisness of any sort. If request for mass production or short run pieces happens I will follow all rules per club lexus and file for a vendors liscense. All funding will be the sole resposiblility of the persons requesting parts. I am just getting you access to the machine without having to buy in bulk or the huge setup cost.

Last edited by Ultra Vip; 12-06-08 at 06:05 PM. Reason: disclamer so i dont get in trouble.
Old 12-05-08, 11:55 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

can this be used to make underbody braces/skid plates?
Old 12-06-08, 05:23 AM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by excluesive
can this be used to make underbody braces/skid plates?
if you can give me the exact measurements you need and what thickness you want the aluminum/titanium or whatever metal you want. i can have my computer guys draw it up on cad and have it cut out in a day or two if all the materials are available at the shop.

so the answer would more than likely yes. just as long as the skid plate isnt bigger than the machine. lol
Old 12-06-08, 09:27 AM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did I hear skidplates? You plan on taking that GS offroad!?

Ultra, I may hit you up for something, I'm gonna go down to the truck and see whats "needed".
Old 12-06-08, 10:37 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 1loudLX
Did I hear skidplates? You plan on taking that GS offroad!?

Ultra, I may hit you up for something, I'm gonna go down to the truck and see whats "needed".
lol Blair, i think he needs it to protect his underbody from riding so low.

UltraVIP, thanks for offering the services, i may be needing some stuff but i'll hit u up when i do.
Old 12-06-08, 12:15 PM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

if you want to do some R&D for a centrifugal s/c for the 300 as well, i'll volunteer my ride long as i get the kit either free or for a huge discount haha

jk man, i have no funds for that but good luck if you do end up with some nice one off goodies
Old 12-06-08, 12:15 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

The single best thing you can make is a flange for the lower intake runners of a regular 2jz-ge. With a flange any person could make a gte style intake with basic welding skills and bolt it on. The flange is by far the only part you cant make yourself. It needs to be done on the machine.

This would be applicable to all 2jz-ge, im talking SC, GS, IS. especially anyone who went turbo on their non turbo motor.

then we could all sport something like this: http://www.boostwerx.com/intake_mani.JPG
you could even make the rest of it, but the flange is the most important part.
Old 12-06-08, 01:44 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

sweet it looks like there is some following for one off parts. let me know what you guys need and ill see if i can make it affordable for you guys.

Ali Sc3: the flange for the jz you speak of is there really a need for it? if you can get me the specs i can have them made.
Old 12-06-08, 01:46 PM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
The single best thing you can make is a flange for the lower intake runners of a regular 2jz-ge. With a flange any person could make a gte style intake with basic welding skills and bolt it on. The flange is by far the only part you cant make yourself. It needs to be done on the machine.

This would be applicable to all 2jz-ge, im talking SC, GS, IS. especially anyone who went turbo on their non turbo motor.

then we could all sport something like this: http://www.boostwerx.com/intake_mani.JPG
you could even make the rest of it, but the flange is the most important part.
Originally Posted by Ultra Vip
sweet it looks like there is some following for one off parts. let me know what you guys need and ill see if i can make it affordable for you guys.

Ali Sc3: the flange for the jz you speak of is there really a need for it? if you can get me the specs i can have them made.
me likey ali's idea....maybe specs for you to pop out a pre-port-matched intake mani for the ge? you'd sell a ton, they'd make a ton of power on their own, not to mention with an NA-T setup.
Old 12-06-08, 02:01 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

get me the specs and ill get everyone an estimated price and time it will take to produce. im a uz guy so i have no idea of stuff for a jz.
Old 12-06-08, 03:59 PM
beez43
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i know i need a piece of block for my optima red battery to hold down.. now it is just floating around.. been so for about 2years
Old 12-08-08, 08:26 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

umm, I have no idea how to get you the specs unless someone has an intake manifold laying around. how long will you have this available to you. maybe I can come up with something. The demand is ridiculous considering we can get the rest of it made.

im almost thinking I can just order the gaskets online, and use them as a guide for the size of the holes. to bolt it on one could just drill the bolt locations out themselves. and after one is done we would have measurments.
Old 12-08-08, 01:38 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

i have it available to me pretty much whenever i want. its the mechanic for my brother inlaws racing cobra and racing ctsv. pm me with the info. if it to much trouble now with the holidays and stuff we can sit down and discuss stuff at the next meet in early spring.