NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

throwing up the bat signal *HELP*

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-08, 06:46 PM
styIez
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throwing up the bat signal *HELP*

hey guys i dont post often Im noel to those members who dont know me. Im the one that had freshly painted SC burn to the ground a few months ago..heres my problem, i already bought another SC actually a day after my old one burned up from gazi..the car is a salvage and needed some minor work done to it to get it road worthy again..in NYS the car needs to get inspected by the DMV so i can legally drive it. the only issues that need to be fixed is the frame needs to be pulled about 1/2 inch to align the fender and i need new mounts for the engine (hard front end impact). I already spoke to my body guy whos gonna paint it onyx black again and is gonna do all the trivial stuff. The only concern i have is that ABS light is on indicating a problem and the TRAC light is also on(the shift bezel is not connected and i know that would leave the light on that says "traction off" but the TRAC in the rev counter is whats on). i need to get these problems fixed. on a side note the interor was horrible so im getting new leathers. The buget i have for this project is 4,000 for body interior and to get it inspected what i need from you guys is to point me in the right direction so this car can be put back on the road as FAST as possible...thanks again!
Old 08-14-08, 07:02 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

i have a bunch of interior stuff if you need it. i have most panels and everything above the windows including the headliner, sunroof, visors, etc. if you need some interior stuff, let me know...i need to clear out my extra room.
Old 08-14-08, 08:12 PM
Curry
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have an extra air bag if you wanna swap out the one in there, just in case. Its not the same color though. Once that's done the airbag light isn't that hard to clear.

TRAC fuse could be blown. Which is why the light is on. Same thing happened to me.

Leather is easy. Let me know when you order them and then I can put them on for you. Gonna take me 2 or 3 days and a whole lot of cursing to do it depending on my schd.
Old 08-14-08, 10:31 PM
pmpdaddyt
Lexus Test Driver

for the abs, check the sensors, thats usually the problem.
Old 08-15-08, 10:14 AM
styIez
Driver

thanks for all the help guys much appreciated!. the car is still waiting to go shop hopefully I get this rolling by next week. But mark my words the car will get done!
Old 08-15-08, 09:50 PM
Brownmagic
Pole Position

I got your carpet in the garage,

Ill bust out the pressure washer come wednesday.

Hit up todd for the mounts. Im sure he has some in that batcave of his