NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

how to fight a tint ticket???

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-08, 02:28 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1loudLX
unless of course you knowingly and willfully broke the law in the first place.

Just so you guys know, this forum isnt private. The public can see it, that public also includes people you might have to be fighting in court. Just sayin...

mannn... you think lawyers would have jobs if everyone went without a fight? hilarious. and yes, i am a rebel without a cause over here. super badass, "knowingly and willfully breaking the law!!!" by having my windows tinted too dark... i can only hope these guys feel more important and accomplished after they've handed me that sweet ticket and walk away, feeling satisfied about netting a real bad guy and cleaning up the streets! something they can go home and talk to the wife about over dinner! ha. pleassse, someone from my city pleassse read this that will give one ****, and come stop by my place and give me a ticket for some tinted windows! dude...seriously? do you even consider the probability of something like that actually occurring? we're not talking about committing crimes in here or dropping off 100 kilos at the airstrip. if someone went through that much trouble i would pay them double the fine just for fun and enthusiastically congratulate them for being so determined about hunting me down.

on another note...this forum isnt private?! you mean people that arent members of clublexus can sign right onto the internet and just read whatever they want? ****! i had to get voted in by 100 different members (they all love me) when i signed up back in '05 before i was able to view even a single post! i always wondered what that "guest" count in the users list was all about tho.....

your response brings this classic to mind:

all joking aside your concern is appreciated.. personally, i've said nothing illegal or malicious. i told guys if they get written up for tint, theres an easy fix, and i went into detail regarding how to take care of it legally. what you do with the information is up to you.

the main point i was also trying to make is that you do not willingly plead guilty with zero argument to anything having to do with driving infractions, ever. you do that and you immediately throw any chance of making a deal in court right out the window (along with any possibility of saving yourself hundreds on insurance hikes, points on your license and being able to request a dismissal if the cop doesnt show on trial date). pleading guilty without putting up a fight is for suckers that dont understand the legal system, period. not to mention the fact that its your right to be not guilty until proven.. im not an *******, i wont put my hand on a bible and swear, then lie.. but its far from illegal to plead "not guilty" to a ticket, regardless of circumstance. i could sit here and talk legal bs with you guys for another 10 pages so ill stop before this thread goes any more ot..

guys good luck with your infractions.

Last edited by upstateGS4; 04-26-08 at 02:32 AM.
Old 04-26-08, 12:55 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Thread Cleaned!!

Thread is about to live out it's usefulness. Please keep it civil guys, and please try to contain the language a little more..

On different note, good luck with the infraction. Since the car is registered to your dad and he has a legitimate, documented excuse for having them (medical photo sensitivity to light), this should be no problem to beat.

UpstateGS,, you bring up some very valid and very good points in which I am sure he will be able to use .

Good luck
Old 04-26-08, 06:17 PM
tommyjaix
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for all the information gentlemen, upstate, thank you for your contribution, you've been a great help and i love your passion about putting up a fight against the legal system, i agreee 10000000%.
Old 04-29-08, 04:29 PM
tommyjaix
Lead Lap

I have a nifty update for this post...apparently an older classmate friend of mine in my upper level sociology class happens to be a NYPD detective and lives in nassau county. He's a close friend of the superior of the cop who issued me the ticket. Hope the speeding tickets gets dismisseddd!!
Old 05-01-08, 11:55 AM
LUTHOR-CL
Pole Position

He Needs To Use The Machine That They Have To Prove It, And You Said He Didnt Use It And Just Took A Guess, Thats Not Good Enough To Be Proven Guilty, Those F'n retards, Sorry Bout That Bro. That Tint Tix Was F'ed Up.

Last edited by trukn1; 05-02-08 at 04:49 AM.
Old 05-01-08, 12:18 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LUTHOR-CL
He Needs To Use The Machine That They Have To Prove It, And You Said He Didnt Use It And Just Took A Guess, Thats Not Good Enough To Be Proven Guilty, Those F'n retards, Sorry Bout That Bro. That Tint Tix Was F'ed Up.

nah.. they can use their own judgement just like they can cite you for "unreasonable speeding" if they didnt tag you with radar or laser but saw you blowing by cars in the left lane like they were standing still.. it boils down to the simple argument; who is the judge going to believe.. you, or the cop?

say 70% light transmittance tint is legal in your state (basically clear, you can barely tell this tint is on a window), the cop walks up to your 5% tinted window shines a flashlight right up against it and still cant see through the glass...well obviously hes about to tell you your **** is too dark, and hes not going to be wrong. you could try and argue that since he didnt use a meter he couldnt prove its illegal so you kept the tint on, but then if you manage to get that past the judge they'll say ok, show us and well let you off if it's in fact a legal shade after we go and measure it with the meter right now.. not worth bothering with that route because it will basically back you into having to present the car for inspection again.

Last edited by trukn1; 05-02-08 at 04:49 AM.
Old 05-01-08, 01:12 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks like i'll be paying the attorney again to go to cooper street for me...im not having good luck...the cop pointed out about my tint and also me not having a front plate but he didnt give me a ticket for it...only for speeding
Old 05-01-08, 02:50 PM
tommyjaix
Lead Lap

I Hate Traffic LAW Enforcers
Old 09-24-10, 10:45 AM
dreamcar88
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

tint waiver ftw
Old 09-24-10, 11:51 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

wow bumped a 2+ year old thread for that?
Old 05-04-11, 12:21 PM
mr3gs300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea try and postpone it Ive gotten lucky twice with speeding tickets, the first time, they cop that gave me the ticket got re assigned to the mayors detail so it got dismiss cause he wasnt gonna show up the second time, was by the time the court date came up the cop had retired
Old 05-10-11, 02:26 AM
PR FIEBRU
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How to fight a tint ticket??

Tape it to a punching bag and hit it senseless.