NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

any neloc member got the TSIB done in NYC?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-07, 09:32 PM
pockyby
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default any neloc member got the TSIB done in NYC?

i was in the IS forum and there was a tread goin on about the dust problem for the 06-07 IS and the GS. i just want to know who went to any dealer around to get it done. i dont want to call all the dealer and get a "i dont know or have not got the message". i want to go the the dealer that did or know about and will do it. thx in advance.
Old 05-09-07, 09:47 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Pocky I have not gotten it done yet, but have been wondering the same thing you are. I see alot of people in CA are having it done without any problems, so why not us? It wont hurt to give the dealership a call up and ask them about it. Which dealer do you "deal" with. I have been underestimating Bay Ridge recently for some reason. I dont think they have very good mechanics. I might talk to Ray Catena, or even southhampton, who I deal with when I go out to my house there.Keep me posted on your status, if you become successful let me know, I cannot stand the squeeking & the brake dust any longer!
Old 05-10-07, 06:52 AM
pockyby
Pole Position

the dealer service that i got is from Bay Ridge and the car was from Ray Catena, so i dont know any other dealer but i will be callin today so i let u know if any thing come up.
Old 05-10-07, 08:00 AM
pockyby
Pole Position

ok little update to the TSIB. i just call BAYRIDGEL LEXUS and talk to Kelvin Lopez the SC and tolde him about the dust and he said bring the car in so this friday am goin to have the car done i let u guys know. Also i think the SC is a member on CL or he go on CL alot.
Old 05-10-07, 09:12 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pockyby
ok little update to the TSIB. i just call BAYRIDGEL LEXUS and talk to Kelvin Lopez the SC and tolde him about the dust and he said bring the car in so this friday am goin to have the car done i let u guys know. Also i think the SC is a member on CL or he go on CL alot.
I would see about switching dealers to Lexus of Qns if you're going to stay in the 5 boroughs. They are all owned by the same team but the Qns location is the better of the three. I've been to all three to get warranty work done and my best experience was in Qns.
Old 05-10-07, 10:19 AM
Kipperm13
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys I got my car at Ray Catena but I am getting my car service this friday at Prestige in NJ. I was going to tell them about the dust when I get there a long with a few other things. Do you think I should tell them befor i get in on firday. Prestige has a great service dept.
Old 05-10-07, 12:00 PM
pockyby
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kipperm13
Hey guys I got my car at Ray Catena but I am getting my car service this friday at Prestige in NJ. I was going to tell them about the dust when I get there a long with a few other things. Do you think I should tell them befor i get in on firday. Prestige has a great service dept.
call them first, see if they know about if not then maybe they are lyin or lazy to do anthin then tell them that u have proof so thay will do it . my 02cent
Old 05-10-07, 12:16 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

TSB for brake dust?? I guess the car can't pass the white glove inspection If Lexus is replacing those pads with low dust pads, that is great news. You guys would hate German cars as brake dust build up is all too common. The wheels on my X3 turn black every other day. I consider the brake dust "performance make up"
Old 05-10-07, 12:50 PM
pockyby
Pole Position

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
I would see about switching dealers to Lexus of Qns if you're going to stay in the 5 boroughs. They are all owned by the same team but the Qns location is the better of the three. I've been to all three to get warranty work done and my best experience was in Qns.
thx for the info , maybe my next service trip will be LOQ
Old 05-10-07, 09:13 PM
MLEE4984
Lead Lap

I know the service people at Bay Ridge and they just told me to bring a copy of the TSIB and they will take care of it for me. Kelvin is a cool dude too!
Old 05-10-07, 10:01 PM
FrankyJ
Lexus Test Driver

Rallye Lexus does it
Old 05-11-07, 11:44 AM
pockyby
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FrankyJ
Rallye Lexus does it
so u got it fix at Rallye lexus, question do u have the dashboard Squeaks and Rattles problem? also is it on the TSIB or not?
Old 05-11-07, 08:24 PM
LuckySeven
Rookie

thats great to hear about rallye lexus..i bought the car from there and will get it done there on my upcoming 15K service then =D
Old 05-11-07, 08:41 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is everyone going to Rallye for this? Let me know as well, because I am about to be at my 15k service as well.
Old 05-11-07, 08:59 PM
FrankyJ
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by pockyby
so u got it fix at Rallye lexus, question do u have the dashboard Squeaks and Rattles problem? also is it on the TSIB or not?
The brakes are TSIB, but i havent done anything to the dashboard squeeks or rattles
Originally Posted by LuckySeven
thats great to hear about rallye lexus..i bought the car from there and will get it done there on my upcoming 15K service then =D
Originally Posted by ExclusivIS
Is everyone going to Rallye for this? Let me know as well, because I am about to be at my 15k service as well.
guys make sure u dont wait for ur brakes to be completely worn or they wont do it under warranty, and ull have to pay 350 for the new set

Quick Reply: any neloc member got the TSIB done in NYC?