NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Carlisle: The Winners

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-07, 03:34 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nate579
I guess next year we will definetly double our size to keep the trend going. Really happy about that one. We need a clubhouse (Chicken and Waffle) to hang it. LOL.
They already promised I could get the whole pavilion next year, so we are def going to smash this event next year.
Old 05-12-07, 04:27 PM
WhiteHotIS
Driver

OUTSTANDING!!!
Old 05-12-07, 04:30 PM
WhiteHotIS
Driver

Um so... what is the official trophy or category we won???
Old 05-12-07, 04:38 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

The official award title is "club participation".
Old 05-12-07, 04:41 PM
WhiteHotIS
Driver

Well I think it should've been... "THE CLUB THAT SHUT CARLISLE DOWN" award!!!
Old 05-12-07, 04:49 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by WhiteHotIS
Well I think it should've been... "THE CLUB THAT SHUT CARLISLE DOWN" award!!!
i know right
Old 05-12-07, 04:58 PM
WhiteHotIS
Driver

Well we can always just changed the plate
Old 05-12-07, 05:35 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

We weren't even trying to win anything, hell didn't know we was been judged. Imagine next year.
Old 05-13-07, 07:39 AM
IRCRomeo
Pole Position

I don't know about Carlisle next year. The only thing that I enjoyed about the weekend was hanging out with NELOC. The show was worse than years before and the staff knew it. Plus, the awards were horrible. They were plaques with a sticker on them saying "1st place", etc. They didn't even say what category you placed in. All generic crap.
Old 05-13-07, 07:57 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by IRCRomeo
I don't know about Carlisle next year. The only thing that I enjoyed about the weekend was hanging out with NELOC.
...which is the only real reason to come to Carlisle: US. We ARE the show.

The show was worse than years before and the staff knew it. Plus, the awards were horrible. They were plaques with a sticker on them saying "1st place", etc. They didn't even say what category you placed in. All generic crap.
A car show is a car show to me...for me, it's not about the cars ('cause after about an hour of looking at heavily modded cars, I'm done), it's about the people in attendance...

Last edited by KevinGS; 05-13-07 at 08:39 AM.
Old 05-13-07, 08:07 AM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats to everyone. Such a shame that there was no Lexus class considering how many Lexus's showed up. I personally dont go to shows that dont have a lexus class any more. Lexus enthusiasts are a huge part of import shows and aftermarket tuning and I think they should be recognized.

Hoepfully Carlisle will have a lexus class next year based on demographics from this years show.
Old 05-13-07, 08:15 AM
WhiteHotIS
Driver

Originally Posted by B.Diddy
Congrats to everyone. Such a shame that there was no Lexus class considering how many Lexus's showed up. I personally dont go to shows that dont have a lexus class any more. Lexus enthusiasts are a huge part of import shows and aftermarket tuning and I think they should be recognized.

Hoepfully Carlisle will have a lexus class next year based on demographics from this years show.
Supposedly they will be next year... well at least for the IS!
Old 05-13-07, 08:43 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IRCRomeo
I don't know about Carlisle next year. The only thing that I enjoyed about the weekend was hanging out with NELOC. The show was worse than years before and the staff knew it. Plus, the awards were horrible. They were plaques with a sticker on them saying "1st place", etc. They didn't even say what category you placed in. All generic crap.
you are right Romeo, but I really had a great time with the crew. I stayed under the Pavillion for the majority of the time. I was cool talking to people on what we were about. I will come next year as long as Soups wife brings the baby wifes. They were so refreshing after sweating all day... thank you Mrs Soup. Who knows with out BUZZ they may raise the bar next year. After talking to a few other local clubs, they had no idea that they were having that show this year.
Old 05-13-07, 11:52 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Yeah guys next year will def be the year that the rest of the clubs try to follow suit with us. So we def gotta raise the bar not that should be difficult with all the hype with generated this year.
Old 05-13-07, 05:31 PM
BernieIS

I always expect big things from the Carlisle show. I think that alot of it is the anticipation that builds up from the long winter off. There really is no way the show can ever live up to that. Also, of the 39 cars that were in our group only 2 entered for judging, Romeo and TJ with the G35. Our interest in the show seems to be a nice weekend away from the everyday and to hang with old friends and to meet new ones that have similiar interests in cars. I do not think that the show was a disappointment in anyway. NELOC and the cars associated with it stole the show. We had some great caravans to the show, during the weekend, and heading home. We met new people and most people I spoke with got a renew passion for their cars. I would never say that the weekend was not worth it or I would not go next year. Things always change Romeo, keep an opened mind and worry about you and your car. Do not worry about what an award says your car is. You will not be disappointed or upset as often and you most likely will have a more enjoyable time. I know several people I spoke with after the show cannot wait till next year so NELOC can take over the show once again.

Quick Reply: Carlisle: The Winners