NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

What's Up for this weekend? (Md,DC and Va)

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-07, 04:54 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Man, I wish I could join in the fun in PG tomorrow,but not driving the LS all the way down there. Will probably be under her tomorrow installing new(and much needed) upper control arm. Also re-wiring headlights, fog lights, new interior bulbs. Oh did I mention laundry, errands,, annddd if lucky might be able to jump to D&B later in evening. Hopefully if I am lucky,, the LS will see multi-coats of rubbing compound, cleaner, clay bar, wax, and glaze by sunday.
Old 04-21-07, 07:43 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

We rolled the M45 in today....since the Lexus is still not done

We'll be with my crew.... Emotion.
Old 04-21-07, 09:00 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MrMark
We rolled the M45 in today....since the Lexus is still not done

We'll be with my crew.... Emotion.
Thats cool, but the IS better be done by Carlisle.
Old 04-23-07, 07:44 AM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wanted to thank everyone that came by yesteday, Smitty, Kwame, SinisterSC and GreenEnv. We found out that not all patio doors are made equally, hence removing the doors. My wife really appreciate u guys stopping by to help out. I am nursing a serious hangover, I think I will drink the last beer to ease the pain. Smitty did some good work on the rides. I think I stumbled several times in the garage. Very nice day in all. Next time I will make sure to get some chicken and hamburgers. We will have to do this again without moving furniture part.
Old 04-23-07, 07:47 AM
greenvy2k
Lead Lap

wow i must have missed alot by leaving early to go to HIN

Last edited by greenvy2k; 04-23-07 at 08:07 AM. Reason: left out some important parts
Old 04-23-07, 08:04 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nate579
Wanted to thank everyone that came by yesteday, Smitty, Kwame, SinisterSC and GreenEnv. We found out that not all patio doors are made equally, hence removing the doors. My wife really appreciate u guys stopping by to help out. I am nursing a serious hangover, I think I will drink the last beer to ease the pain. Smitty did some good work on the rides. I think I stumbled several times in the garage. Very nice day in all. Next time I will make sure to get some chicken and hamburgers. We will have to do this again without moving furniture part.
I knew you were drinking... the slurred speech gave it away.... lol wow.. I needed a drink
Old 04-23-07, 08:41 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Sounds like yall had a good time. Really wished I could have come. Got under the LS to change my upper control arm only to find out that I did not have all the tool I needed to do so myself. Was gonnna wait for a mechanic friend of mine to do it but he got swamped yesterday, so I decided to go at it. Bottom line,, will be nder it again this afternoon.
Old 04-23-07, 09:27 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by nate579
Thanks for having us Nate. Definitely got to do it again before Carlise. Do some more detailing on the cars, throw some burgers and links on da grill and hang out. Kwame good to see you again bro. Love your exhaust. GreenEnv, da LS is looking better everytime I see it. Will definitely be a beast. A very nice complete ride. Your brothers SC was very nice too.

Oh BTW Nate I'll be calling you Monday morning after I get off da phone with the bank. lol

-Smitty
Old 04-23-07, 01:10 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad it was a good time. I was in Fredericksburg, VA all day, and then I arrived late to HIN, just in time to see everyone.
Old 04-23-07, 08:23 PM
greenvy2k
Lead Lap

yeah thanks nate for having us. and thank you for the props smitty. i am not finished yet.
Old 04-23-07, 10:33 PM
kwamdoo74
Pole Position

Nate, thanks for having me over. I hope my fiancee gets a chance to meet your wife real soon. Thanks for letting us wash our cars over at your house and allowing us to use some of your towels and products.

GreenEnv, man, that LS is coming along really nicely. Those rims look amazing on your car, and you still haven't even dropped it yet.

Sinister SC, the condition of your car should be against the law. The paint looks as though you drive it once a week while it sits in the garage the other 6. Oh, and for that bet about the size of the rims on the IS...they are 8.5 in the rear and 8 in the front.

Smitty, what can I say...your skills with the buffer are amazing. Thanks for everything. I know your shoulders and arms were feeling it, and for you to do it after doing yours I know must have been tough. Lunch or dinner on me at Carlise with a drink or two. I know that's nothing compared to what I should be giving you, but i'll be making it up to you at these upcoming meets.