NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club
View Poll Results: What do you want to do?
Bowling
55.56%
Bay Bridge Marina
44.44%
Other
0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

MD Saturday April 14th Meet

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-07, 09:12 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

she doesnt have her own login does she? I think apex was going by that
Old 04-07-07, 03:33 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by trukn1
You better be careful with this statement. I think Kim (Greed's wife and dedicated, faithful 100+ mph NELOC sunroof ) photographer may have something to say about this statement.
Oh thats right I forgot about the Stunt Photographer trick she pulled at the Harrisburg meet. Awww memories

-Smitty
Old 04-07-07, 05:42 AM
MrsGreed
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So that's how it is huh, I have too have a SCREEN NAME to be considered OFFICIAL !! LOL, well here I am, so there. Thanks Tony, I appreciate the mention, since I've been following Mr. Greed to these things since the beginning,lol.
Old 04-07-07, 06:02 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MrsGreed
So that's how it is huh, I have too have a SCREEN NAME to be considered OFFICIAL !! LOL, well here I am, so there. Thanks Tony, I appreciate the mention, since I've been following Mr. Greed to these things since the beginning,lol.
Mrs. Greed in da house !!! Holding it down for the ladies of NELOC. How you been?

-Smitty
Old 04-07-07, 07:05 AM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

uh oh... watch what you say... you might end up in the dog house like me... luckily for me though good ol Mr Greed is very persuasive with his words
Old 04-07-07, 11:35 AM
Scarlet300
Lead Lap

Okay, so I just checked the weather and looks like next weekend will be cool with chance of rain... That's MD for ya... So I think we should lean towards the indoor plan... But we can determine closer to date...
Old 04-07-07, 11:40 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Scarlet300
Okay, so I just checked the weather and looks like next weekend will be cool with chance of rain... That's MD for ya... So I think we should lean towards the indoor plan... But we can determine closer to date...
Yeah they're saying 59 and partly cloudly. But only 10% chance of rain, so at least for now we're looking good other way. We'll just have to wait and see.
Old 04-07-07, 04:18 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Ok, I checked out Hemingways, Rav's recommended location, on the Eastern Shore today since I was over there already. It IS a nice view of the bridge and water, but there's really no way to get the cars close to water for good pictures. So, it's fine to eat and chill there and get some nice pictures of US along the water, but the cars won't be able to join us in those picturesque pix.

BUT, I had a settlement about 10 minutes from Hemingways', in a waterfront Condo community...and lo and behold, I was able to get within 5 yards of the water which would make for some nice pictures. It's not a HUGE area, but big enough for the number of cars we'll probably have. PLUS, it's right next to a clubhouse with stairs and a deck that we could use to take some semi-aerial shots. Hint: We could form an L, and get some nice aerial views of the cars.

I took some test pictures so you all could see the layout.

Also, Hemingways is a little pricey, especially since it's mainly a seafood place. Appetizers are like $8-15, full dinner salads like $12-18, and dinner plates are easily $20-30. They do have sandwiches and burgers though for like $10-15. Just an FYI for those that are tight on a budget. It's a nice place to hang, but you pay for those views. We can always go someplace else.

Oh, and one other thing, keep in mind that the Bay Bridge aint free. It's a $2.50 toll for the roundtrip over and back (and they do take EZ pass). Hemingways and this cool picture spot all require crossing the Bridge.

Here's some photos of the good picture area:

Ground shots

Aerial Shots

Ok, this is just an option. At least now you have some more date so you can make an informed decision.
Old 04-07-07, 04:19 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

A few more from the clubhouse deck...

Old 04-07-07, 04:37 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Dizzam those are some nice pictures Kevin.

-Smitty
Old 04-07-07, 05:35 PM
WhiteHotIS
Driver

Kevin... outstanding pics
Old 04-07-07, 05:39 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Damn man I'm REALLY liking this idea now. Does anyone want to do both in on day provided that we have good weather?
Old 04-07-07, 05:44 PM
LittleGz
Lexus Test Driver

Damn ya'll!!!! No Fair!!
Old 04-07-07, 05:54 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Apex84
Damn man I'm REALLY liking this idea now. Does anyone want to do both in on day provided that we have good weather?
I would really like to roll up there but It would be nice to have a day where we know there's going to be good weather or maybe go and get some nice night shots.

-Smitty
Old 04-07-07, 07:07 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Thanks for the compliments. It was a nice day. Crazy that we're getting snow in just a few hours.

I can't believe y'all are looking at the weather report for next weekend NOW. The forecast is going to change 5 times before then. LOL

We're just going to have to wait and see how it looks late next week.

The other cool thing about this little area is the guy who lives in one of the condos that you see straight ahead in the aerial shot saw me taking pictures and asked if I was a car dealer or something. Of course I said no, and then explained that our little Lexus Club may come next Saturday for a photoshoot here. Then he said that his car dealer friend always comes to this exact same spot to take pictures of the cars he sells online.

And then it turns out this guy (older, 60-year-old-ish white guy) is a car nut too. He pulled up in his silver Convertible Corvette (2001-ish) and proceeded to tell me how much he paid, and how much he liked and how it was a great find (like 30,000 miles). And then he pointed over in the corner area of the lot and said those were his cars. He had an older red Viper (less than 15,000 miles), and a beautiful late 90s silver V12 Mercedes SL coupe (around 20,000 miles). It was some limited edition V12 Silver Spur SL or something, and he said they only made like 1200...yeah, he was all into his cars. If you look at one of the full parking lot aerial shots, you can just see the picture of his Silver Corvette and Silver SL in the right hand corner of the pic next to a truck...he switched cars and left in his Viper.

He was a bonafide car guy, bought the Viper in Cali and had it shipped, told me the whole story. LOL

ANYWAY, I say all that to say, he JUST might be a guy who could vouch for us, and then we could later this summer have a little BBQ there on the water, and use their clubhouse (which is where I took all the aerial shots from...I used the clubhouse deck). I bet he'd love to hang with us, and swap car stories. If he's home Saturday, and he sees us pull up, rest assured he's coming out to chat.

So, we'll see. It's a nice little cozy spot.

LittleGz, if it works out, I promise we'll go back later this summer for another MD NELOC meet.

If we have good weather, we could go there, snap some pix and then go find some place to eat...and then bowl if ya'll want.

Ideally, one day, we could go there, bring food, and eat & chill there for a while, and then go to Hemingways to watch the sun set over the bay. Unfortunately, the water you see in the pix is facing east, so no sunset over the water. But Hemingways faces due West right over the bay next to the Bridge, so it will make for a nice sunset.

Last edited by KevinGS; 04-07-07 at 09:36 PM.

Quick Reply: MD Saturday April 14th Meet