NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

NY NJ people with gs's ppls opinions there

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-07, 05:31 PM
Tank
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

JAY ROK...I couldn't have said it better myself.. good response indeed..
Old 04-02-07, 06:52 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
BTW who do u want to get noticed by

Lots of people are not modding the 2GS the right way though in NYC and they are very common these days. Kinda sad.
Yup..who are you tryin to impress? To mod a car to just to "impress" other people is starting on the wrong foot if you ask me.

Originally Posted by sportf190
also i think if i put the car on chrome 20's that will def get alot more attention then without no rims..
Please don't do that. There are so many GS rolling in NYC with some hideous chrome wheels. Do your homework and pick something that works with the car.

Originally Posted by J_RoK
I drive my car becuase i like the way it looks, not becuase other people like it.. If your main reason to upgrade your cars is only to turn heads, then you might be doing it for the wrong reason.

-J
Thank you J....
Old 04-02-07, 03:04 PM
onejayzee
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha. i got a sc400 and a mkiii and when they find out what it is or hear it the heads turn and thats the end of my creepin. but the honda scene is heavy here so the younger people (exclude me) dont care if its not a honda/acura with a fart can. lol
Old 04-20-07, 02:10 PM
movinquick
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I understand that people do mods for their own personal taste, some do it for other people's taste... but when it comes down to it, we do drive lexus' which get attention already.

i can't speak for everyone but i find it hard to believe that no one here craves the attention you get because you have a nice car that stands out. Especially when that attention is coming from that pretty girl in a miniskirt giving you that look like, "i want to have sex with him because he drives a nice car". i've gotten that look enough times.. i know some of you guys have wifes and girlfriends and that stuff doesn't matter to you... blah blah blah to you guys.

to me, attention comes with the car, especially when it's looking clean and dropped with rims. i drive an 01 accord on a daily basis, and from personal experience, clients and people in general give me a lot more respect (attention or whatever) when i step out of the lexus. it seems like they listen way more to what i have to say when i'm in my tailored suit jumping out of the gs.

now on the flip side, if you're just modding the car solely because you want people to notice you, and you act like you want people to notice you...well, the wrong people will eventually notice you and you might not have those nice rims/stereo/whatever next week.
Old 04-22-07, 06:00 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by movinquick
I understand that people do mods for their own personal taste, some do it for other people's taste... but when it comes down to it, we do drive lexus' which get attention already.

i can't speak for everyone but i find it hard to believe that no one here craves the attention you get because you have a nice car that stands out. Especially when that attention is coming from that pretty girl in a miniskirt giving you that look like, "i want to have sex with him because he drives a nice car". i've gotten that look enough times.. i know some of you guys have wifes and girlfriends and that stuff doesn't matter to you... blah blah blah to you guys.

to me, attention comes with the car, especially when it's looking clean and dropped with rims. i drive an 01 accord on a daily basis, and from personal experience, clients and people in general give me a lot more respect (attention or whatever) when i step out of the lexus. it seems like they listen way more to what i have to say when i'm in my tailored suit jumping out of the gs.

now on the flip side, if you're just modding the car solely because you want people to notice you, and you act like you want people to notice you...well, the wrong people will eventually notice you and you might not have those nice rims/stereo/whatever next week.

Movinquick, yeah I hear what your saying, though on your last paragraph when you have a modded GS (believe me on this ) in general you have more likely chance of theft, but a majority of the thefts the owner unintentionally "asked" for it. What I mean is, LOUD booming music, chrome spinners, everything chrome, or have tv's on at night in visors, and headrests even when no one in the backseat etc. ((BTW, nothing against anyone's own style, just trying to make a point)). Those things is what REALLY attracts lookers and you have a much greater chance of theft.. I used to like chrome wheels, and I still do (ex.. quality chrome on Work, Autocouture, Trafficstar etc.) but I chose a different finish, hi-polish looks just right for me. It gives a slight shine but not to a point where it becomes "flashy". The wrong people will notice you if you have a modded luxury car regardless of style, but if you "flaunt it like your Big Daddy" and do these things I mentioned, you are ASKING for theft..
Old 04-22-07, 10:31 PM
Bigbea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I must say that since I got my rims and springs I catch everyone lookin.