NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Hot Import Nights Chantilly,VA April 21st *Who's showing or attending*

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-07, 07:53 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

...we got back to the show late...it was a little weak.

Nice seeing the D2 crew as always !!!!
Old 04-23-07, 01:06 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Saw MrMark's car, never saw him. That thing still looks amazing.

And of course, always good to see D2 in the house...Derrick and Stef, and now Cathy too. I missed 1Loud though.

And of course, there was a while section of Supras that was nice to see, and 3 Skylines, which is awesome. BradsGS4 was one of the Supras, so good to see him too...

And it was really good to see PJ, since he's in the throws of the VA Tech tragedy (for those that don't know, he's a senior engineering major at VT, what a way to close out your college career ). And good to see the whole VIP crew...Martin and Benji. Benji's car still looks amazing to me, the epitome of VIP. Straight gangsta!

But overall, I'm getting too old for these kinds of carshows. Too loud, too dim, too many lights blinking, too many fake wanna-be models, it's just too much for me. I got there about 10pm, and if it wasn't for seeing friends, I would have been outta there at 11. An hour is about all I can take in a place like that.

Sucks getting old....
Old 04-23-07, 02:18 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

kevin, you got there at 10? Thats about when i rolled out, i got on the road at about 1030 after stopping to get some refreshments...made it home in decent time. Sucks to have missed you, theres always next time though.
Old 04-23-07, 09:35 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinGS
Saw MrMark's car, never saw him. That thing still looks amazing.

And of course, always good to see D2 in the house...Derrick and Stef, and now Cathy too. I missed 1Loud though.

And of course, there was a while section of Supras that was nice to see, and 3 Skylines, which is awesome. BradsGS4 was one of the Supras, so good to see him too...

And it was really good to see PJ, since he's in the throws of the VA Tech tragedy (for those that don't know, he's a senior engineering major at VT, what a way to close out your college career ). And good to see the whole VIP crew...Martin and Benji. Benji's car still looks amazing to me, the epitome of VIP. Straight gangsta!

But overall, I'm getting too old for these kinds of carshows. Too loud, too dim, too many lights blinking, too many fake wanna-be models, it's just too much for me. I got there about 10pm, and if it wasn't for seeing friends, I would have been outta there at 11. An hour is about all I can take in a place like that.

Sucks getting old....

I hear ya....and I'm prob older than you !!!

We actually went to dinner and didn't get back to the show until about 10:30
Old 04-23-07, 10:36 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I hear you, Mark. LOL

And yes, 1Loud, I'll catch you on the next one.

For me, one of the major highlights of the show was actually outside in the parking lot...I saw a beautiful navy blue Honda Accord, a late 90's Accord. This Accord had the best aftermarket twin projector beam/LEDs I had ever seen.

There were about 8 teenagers hanging around a collection of Hondas, and I was blown away at the intricate details in these aftermarket lights. I asked whose car it was, and they pointed to a girl who looked to be in her mid-20s. Unfortunately, she bought the car from her ex-boyfriend's brother, and didn't know who made the light fixture. One guy did say they came directly from Japan, but he didn't know the name of the company either.

It was stunning, it had the twin projector beams with HIDs built-in, and then underneath the twin beams were 6 small super-white LEDs on each side. All 6 LEDs lit up as parking lights, but only the 3 inner LEDs on each side blinked for the signals.

And the fixtures themselves looked like they came off a 2008 Audi, that's how nice they looked. They were clean, and the light display was very white lights, with barely a hint of purple. The fixtures put off such pristine light, that as I approached the car, I thought it was a brand new 2008 $60k+ car that I just hadn't recognized yet. These lights were that gorgeous. I'm going to ask around to find out who made them.

And the entire car was sweet, and ironically not overdone. She had some nice 18" rims, it was lowered, with exhaust and these incredible light fixtures. I was mightily impressed.
Old 04-24-07, 12:07 AM
IS300eR
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CaThaFeR
Everyone come see me @ the d2 autosport booth!
one clean 2IS you got! mine was in the PAS mag booth.
Old 04-24-07, 06:57 AM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by IS300eR
one clean 2IS you got! mine was in the PAS mag booth.
thanks the MR is350?
Old 04-24-07, 07:53 AM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey it was great seeing everyone again. I didn't get a chance to put names to faces like I'd like too, but there's always next time.

Chirp thanks for keeping the young ladies company while we where gone.

Kev is officially named "Johnny come lately" lol

Brad good meeting you bro, nice car
Old 04-24-07, 08:20 AM
LittleGz
Lexus Test Driver

Cat - Sorry I missed you this weekend. We wanted to come out just couldn't work it in with our kids schedules between school dances and family. You guys def had gorgeous weather in VA for HIN so that was a plus I'm sure!! Does anyone have pics? See everyone in Carlisle!! Can't wait!!
Old 04-24-07, 03:59 PM
IS300eR
Lexus Test Driver

thanks the MR is350?
yup, the one with jdm-rice flavor. lol
Old 04-24-07, 05:33 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hehehe..yea i snapped a bunch of pics of it,...i asked the guys who's car it was and they said it was a company car..then i asked if they were on CL and they said no lol it looked real good... all those stickers are vinyl peel offs or are they permanent?
Old 04-24-07, 06:44 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Hey Guys, what a LONG weekend, but well worth it. Its always good meeting new and talking to old friends.

Cathy / Alison - thanks very much for your efforts and Cathy your rhinestone D2-AUTOSPORT T-shirt blew me a away! I'm a little envious that I don't have one! I think we should all pitch in and buy Alison a car just so she can rep with it, since she's so dedicated, driving for hours on end repeatedly!

Blair - Thanks for coming to lend support man, and for holding the booth down when we went to change clothes and eat. See you in Beantown

Cherplex - Good to see you again bro, thanks for stopping by to check up on us

Kevin - ur a madman for driving your car as much as you do!! I was serious that I would not be surprised if you showed up in beantown.
Old 04-25-07, 02:04 AM
IS300eR
Lexus Test Driver

hehehe..yea i snapped a bunch of pics of it,...i asked the guys who's car it was and they said it was a company car..then i asked if they were on CL and they said no lol it looked real good... all those stickers are vinyl peel offs or are they permanent?
company car? i got my name on the front doors lol!

those decals are vinyl so yes they do come off fairly easy.