Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

rate your dealer

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-01, 08:58 AM
GS4Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dealer: Lexus Carlsbad
Rating: ****
Recommended: YES
Service Advisor: Several

Comments:

I have been treated like a KING every time I have walked into Lexus Carlsbad for service over the past 2.5 years. Even the sales guy who sold me my GS4 will pop out an say hi if he sees me picking my car up ... and he remembers my name! The one that blew me away was on my first service visit I VERY mildly complained about a very minor leather blemish on the back side of the steering wheel. You could not see anything, but you could feel some slight roughness in a spot the size of a nickel. My service associate mentioned it to the head manager in passing ... he did not even blink ... "get him a new steering wheel". WOW ... part cost over $1000 since in includes the air bag. Since then, always the same. Professional and always follows up after. Will be hard to buy my next car anywhere else.

1998 GS400 Blk/Blk 17" Dunlop SP8000
Old 05-13-01, 04:00 PM
garnet92
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Sewell Lexus - Dallas

Dealership: Sewell Lexus, Dallas, Texas
Rate them: 4 stars
Would definitely recommend Sewell for parts and service
2 contacts: Jaquita McKinney – service rep, and parts mgr. John Godine

They always provide a loan car. They apparently have a fleet of RX-300s cause that’s what I usually get – they come to my office, pick up my car and leave me a loaner – that’s service. I seldom go to the dealership. Have never had to return the car because of something not done right – and they always wash it. They are very customer-oriented and I’m told they rank high among Lexus dealers. I always get a call (from Sewell) in a couple of days to be sure that all is to my satisfaction, and it always is. They also bent over backwards to cover items under warranty (know they’re getting paid by Lex) even when it may have been questionable.
They aren’t cheap, but then you (usually) get what you pay for.

Incidently, been dealing with them for almost 9 years - originally bought car from them.

Last edited by garnet92; 05-13-01 at 08:17 PM.
Old 05-13-01, 08:12 PM
garnet92
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up

Sorry guys - these 2 posts are somehow linked - when I submit both are posted - when I delete one they both go??? I've reported an earlier problem posting to Michael

Last edited by garnet92; 05-13-01 at 08:15 PM.
Old 05-15-01, 09:56 AM
RacingAristo

Name: Lexus of Cerritos

Rate: *

Rep: None

Price: Forgot

Comment: I'd only recommend people to purchase their Lexus from Frank Mao, fleet manager, who is willing to fight for the lowest price for you. Just tell him Dennis send yah. Because I live in Cerritos and plus I'm lazy, I take my car in for their service. Otherwise I'd go to Longo.
Old 05-15-01, 03:25 PM
RealMarty
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up Hennessey Lexus / Doraville, GA

Hennessey Lexus, Doraville, GA
Rating ****

Would you recommend this service/parts dept? Yes

Service advisor/contact - Tim Halloran

Any specific technicians - No

Comments, positive or negative -

He's almost always available at the appointment time. The one time he was tied up with another customer he had someone else help me.
No hassles. The job just gets done.
Only had to bring the car back once for the same problem -- steering wheel groaning as it went from park position to the memory location when I put the key in.

I either get a loaner or a ride to/from dealer if I don't really need the loaner to get around during the day.

If the repair is taking longer than expected he calls to let me know of the delay.

Pricing for common service - No idea, but their labor rate is $72/hr. I use the dealer for warranty service only. I guess I'll find out when I start doing L-tuned mods on the GS430.

Last edited by RealMarty; 05-16-01 at 03:18 PM.
Old 05-16-01, 03:06 PM
jamecl

Lexus of Bellevue - Bellevue Washington
Rating ***

Would you recommend this service/parts dept? Yes(service) - No(parts)

Service advisor/contact - ?

Any specific technicians - No

Comments, positive or negative -

The dealer gave me a great price on the car and they treat me very well every time I go in there. I think their prices for service and parts are really high but it may be in line with other Lexus dealers. I've been getting my oil changes at the local Toyota dealer for a third of the price and I buy parts from Steve at Carson Toyota for about half the price.

The last time I went in to have the oil changed the drivers seat was left in some weird position. I don't know how anybody drove it that way. Good thing for the seat memory.

Old 05-17-01, 06:56 PM
garnet92
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up Sewell Lexus - Dallas

Dealership: Sewell Lexus, Dallas, TX

Rating: 4 stars

Would definitely recommend them. Service always done right – the first time. I’ve never had to take the car back for a “re-repair”. Parts dept very cooperative and knowledgeable.

Advisor: Various ones through the years, currently deal with Jaquita McKenney, service advisor and John Godine, parts manager.

Comments: I bought my Lex from Sewell almost 9 years ago. Through all of those years, they’ve always treated me courteously and performed professionally. They pick up my car at my office, leave me a Lexus loaner (last couple of times, a new RX-300) then bring my car back – clean and washed. I’ve been told (by them) that they are among Lexus’ top dealers. They’re a good operation.

Pricing: They’re not cheap, but appear to be less expensive than some other Lex dealers – based on postings here that quote a price – While not always true, in general you get what you pay for.

Old 05-20-01, 01:27 AM
banking
Rookie

Red face Rate your Lexus Dealer Service Dept

Morning!

Service Advisor: some new chic who doesn't know a lick about cars from the conversation I had with her. She always had me on hold whenever I had asked a technical question a simple one to be exact. Maybe she's new but can't talk bad about someone without them being here to defend themself.
Parts Dept: Chris= He is definitely cool to talk to but hard to get the Lexus parts numbers from him. Very knowledgeable and a great guy just to talk to about cars.
Sales: Only one salesperson is in my opinion worth talking to and his first name is Warren. Forgot his last name we have dealt with him since 1993 and a superb salesperson as well as a man himself.
As for the rest of the sales crew new and used they are like freaking leeches or guidos. For example: I want mention the salesperson name but I had put a 2,000.00 earnst or deposit down to take the IS300 home for the weekend and decided not to buy it. So I told the salesperson to simply rip the check or send it back to me by mail. Instead the check was cashed and I talked to the general manager and the salesperson with my bank statement as proof and still got bent over. I could've sued but I'm not that type of person. He'll get his payback when his time comes.
I would rate this dealership a 2 out of 4 as 4 being the best.

Van Nguyen
6920 brookside Cove
Germantown, Tn 38138
Old 05-21-01, 01:04 PM
Kaban
Lead Lap

Dealer : Jim Falk Lexus
Rating : ****
Salesperson : Robert Cho

This is the dealer I got my GS 430 from because Longo didn't have the color I wanted. The dealer was very clean and tidy, the salesman I dealt with was very friendly and polite. But the problem I had with him, he was just TOO much of a salesman.

For example, I asked how many people are on the waiting list for the SC 430 in the dealer, and he procedes to tell me "It depends on the color of the car, package and interior choices" So I was like, dude, I only asked for the number of people on waiting list not what color you have!!

Another example, I asked for the price if I upgraded to NON Chrome '17 rims. He then procedes to tell me about Chrome rims and factory spoilers. So in the end I got no answers. Nice guy, but too much of a salesman with no straight answers.
Old 05-28-01, 08:50 AM
David Davis

Default Lexus Service rating

I just purchased this 1992 SC400 with 100k miles. It was serviced by the same Lexus Dealer in Omaha, NE. They took off the Driver's door panel twice to retighten the wood trim. They also replaced the Driver's window control module. The panel was broken in many places, not due to age or brittleness. The module screw points were broken and "JB Welded" together.
Whoever took the panel off just used Brute Force and didn't look for all the fastners.

David Davis
Old 05-28-01, 07:29 PM
2ndRX300

Dealership Name: Lexus of Riverside...Riverside, CA
Your rating: ****
Would you recommend this service/parts dept? YES on both. The parts dept. is awesome!

Your service advisor/contact. Any specific technicians.
My service advisor was Nancy, but she just left. Dealt with Mark last and he seemed pretty cool.

Comments, positive or negative.
Every time we've gone into this dealership for a warranty service or even an oil change, we've gotten A+ treatment. There has always been a clean loaner car waiting for us and our car has always gotten a bath and vacuum after every service. Everything has always been completed and if we've asked for anything additional, it's been given. They're an Elite dealership.

Pricing for common service. I'm thinking oil changes are around $59, 99 for alignment, 35 for tire rotations
Old 05-31-01, 07:44 AM
emus1
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Burdick Lexus, North Syracuse NY
4 stars
John Crane,service rep.
Incredible diagnostic skills, great service. This is my third Lexus at this dealership, continue to stay because of same.
Old 06-01-01, 04:29 PM
chowder
Driver

Default PA/DE

I've dealt with 2 dealerships on multiple occasions:

1) Wilke Lexus - Haverford, PA - ***
I bought my car here after shopping a few dealerships. Sales and Service staff both highly satisfactory. No dealings with their Parts dept. Being farther away from home, they offer to pick up my car and leave me a loaner for service. Everyone is friendly and attentive. They try hard to please and seem surprisingly up-to-date on TSBs. Facility has TV lounge and phone/PC desk ports, but no free snacks.
I would still be at this dealership, in spite of it's distance from me, except the salesperson (now salesmanager) reneged on a promise he made to me in front of my friend and another (https://www.clublexus.com/vb/showthr...8248#post48248 under item #1). I hold people to their word, and this was a deathblow to the relationship.
Oddity is that this dealer used the 7500mi intervals.

2) Wilmington Lexus - Wilmington, DE - *
Only thing these guys have going for them is that they're close to me. Sales people are much more run-of-the-mill. Service managers also seem less knowledgable/attentive. Parts guys are very friendly and informative. Loaners are not Lexus vehicles. They abide by the 5000mi interval service schedule. TV lounge.
Old 06-02-01, 09:19 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Ken Shaw Lexus Toyota, Toronto ON

rating: *

recommend service dept: No

Service rep: Shameer

Comments: Leasing GS3, the guys crased our car while it was in the shop and we had to wait 2 weeks to get it back, also loaner cars are not lexus.

Pricing: pricing is ok, regualar around here in Canada.

Old 06-07-01, 12:19 PM
01BlueGS430
Rookie

I've dealt w/ two dealerships so far for service:

John Roberts Lexus of Austin:
Austin, TX

"**1/2"

I'd recommend it only because it's the only one in town.

Don't have a specific contact.

Got my Lexus about 4 months ago, and was pretty distressed to find that I had to make an appointment for an oil change 2 weeks in advance!! Pretty upset that they need two weeks for a 30 minute job.

So far pricing seems reasonable.

Park Place Lexus:
Plano, TX

"****"

Strongly Recommend

No Contact

I found myself in Plano during the two week wait for my oil change, and decided to call Park Place. They set up an appointment for the next day! Not only was their service good, the dealership was very welcoming. Car was washed and ready to go right on time. The service representatives were courtious, and followed up with me by way of a phone call, and a letter to make sure that I was happy with my experience. I couldn't have been more impressed.

Quick Reply: rate your dealer