Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

* How do I remove Front is300 windows*

Old 04-04-06, 12:42 PM
Tao
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default * How do I remove Front is300 windows*

hello,

my windows were cracked on both sides and I was able to get replacement windows at a wrecking yard. I cannot afford right now to have the windows fixed and I got a ticket for the cracks, ( obstruction of the drivers view + hazardous). Can anyone give me replacement intrsuctions or direct me to someone who can. Its important that I fix this , thanks for any input.

tao
Old 04-04-06, 07:01 PM
koolaidman
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Tao
hello,

my windows were cracked on both sides and I was able to get replacement windows at a wrecking yard. I cannot afford right now to have the windows fixed and I got a ticket for the cracks, ( obstruction of the drivers view + hazardous). Can anyone give me replacement intrsuctions or direct me to someone who can. Its important that I fix this , thanks for any input.

tao
do not do it ur self. its back breaking work
Old 04-04-06, 10:07 PM
Tao
Driver School Candidate

Im not so sure that my question was answered. I thought I asked how to remove the glass and all I got was a response about how its hard work. If you dont know how to do it, dont waste your time typing back. If no one has the answer, would it be in the lexus service manuals?

Id imagine that although it can be complex, why would it take an auto glass company 30 minutes to change my window.... like they have before. One might reply that they are experts, but how did they become experts? They learned how and then did it, so I will reforumalte my question: What are the steps in removing a drivers or passengers front windows and getting them to function properly?

I have all kinds of free time and I dont mind "back breaking work".

Sorry if anything came off asa rdue but im looking for answers, not more questions.
Old 04-05-06, 06:45 AM
koolaidman
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Tao
Im not so sure that my question was answered. I thought I asked how to remove the glass and all I got was a response about how its hard work. If you dont know how to do it, dont waste your time typing back. If no one has the answer, would it be in the lexus service manuals?

Id imagine that although it can be complex, why would it take an auto glass company 30 minutes to change my window.... like they have before. One might reply that they are experts, but how did they become experts? They learned how and then did it, so I will reforumalte my question: What are the steps in removing a drivers or passengers front windows and getting them to function properly?

I have all kinds of free time and I dont mind "back breaking work".

Sorry if anything came off asa rdue but im looking for answers, not more questions.
ok
razor blades along the window. needed to be on a certain angle to u get the entire rubber glue

remove any access rubber material.

lay dow some glue allong the body of the frame

install front window
Old 04-05-06, 04:20 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think he is asking about the front driver and passenger door windows and not the front windshield.
Old 04-05-06, 05:58 PM
koolaidman
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Neo
I think he is asking about the front driver and passenger door windows and not the front windshield.
no he said obstruction of view. usually means windshild but i could be wrong
Old 04-05-06, 11:10 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by koolaidman
no he said obstruction of view. usually means windshild but i could be wrong
I thought so too until this:
Originally Posted by Tao
I will reforumalte my question: What are the steps in removing a drivers or passengers front windows and getting them to function properly?