Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Lindsay Lexus of Alexandria BAD Service

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-04, 01:30 PM
stoumtj
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Lindsay Lexus of Alexandria BAD Service

I do not know how many here live in the Northern Virginia area, but I recently purchased a new 04 GX470 from Lindsay Lexus of Alexandria and I just found out that they installed an aftermarket spoiler in my new car and they didn't even cover the original brake light. Their service takes days to respond and I bought the car loaded and they had one without the spoiler and they said that they can install it!!! I paid LEXUS price for it only to find the car filthy after they install it, the brake light takes in water and NOW they tell me it is aftermarket and it is my problem!!!
I asked them to replace it with OEM since that is what I bought, but they state it is my problem, I should have identify it when the paperwork was done!!!
LEXUS USA customer service says it is a sales issue and will not get involved.
It is my first lexus after BMWs and Mercedes and I got it because of the CLAIMED excellent service...It is unethical to buy a new car, pay for OEM only to find out they installed CHEAP aftermarket option...NEVER seen this before...
My LAST LEXUS...
Any similar experiences??? Is the famed LEXUS service just a business trick???
Old 12-22-04, 02:02 PM
Rx900
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by stoumtj
I do not know how many here live in the Northern Virginia area, but I recently purchased a new 04 GX470 from Lindsay Lexus of Alexandria and I just found out that they installed an aftermarket spoiler in my new car and they didn't even cover the original brake light. Their service takes days to respond and I bought the car loaded and they had one without the spoiler and they said that they can install it!!! I paid LEXUS price for it only to find the car filthy after they install it, the brake light takes in water and NOW they tell me it is aftermarket and it is my problem!!!
I asked them to replace it with OEM since that is what I bought, but they state it is my problem, I should have identify it when the paperwork was done!!!
It is my first lexus after BMWs and Mercedes and I got it because of the CLAIMED excellent service...It is unethical to buy a new car, pay for OEM only to find out they installed CHEAP aftermarket option...NEVER seen this before...
My LAST LEXUS...
sorry to say, NO! But you have to look at Lexus this way, they are not known for MAJOR mechanical or technical problems in their vehicles.
Old 12-22-04, 03:00 PM
Traturn
Driver

That sucks, esp considering that there is a FACTORY wing availabe.

just dont crack your 3rd brake light cover, cause with the wing-kit is the only way to get it !@

Did you sign anything at time of delivery saying that you had aftermarket accessories installed? if they put aftermarket stuff on your vehicle, some states require some sort of a form for your protection (as in this case) maybe an avenue to persue.

definately dont take no for an answer. You asked for a spoiler, you didnt ask for an aftermarket spoiler I assume?

Spoiler price from Lexus= $515
Spoiler installed from the factory = about the same

so usualy NCD cant even break even selling a spoiler on a car if it doesnt have one from the port.

Good luck
Old 12-22-04, 08:45 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

got any free time, protest in the showroom on a saturday with a poster, see how fast their willing to help you or go to the guy who runs/owns the place but is never around

Last edited by <VENOM>; 12-22-04 at 08:47 PM.
Old 12-23-04, 04:48 AM
stoumtj
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs down

The mechanical excuse is lame! LEXUS advertises SERVICE, and having one their dealerships sell as an option aftermarket stuff is UNETHICAL...you do not spec a new car and think that you have to specify with the salesperson OEM...It is a scam and LEXUS USA doesn't protect the consumer. BMW and MERCEDES, you buy from the dealer and you KNOW it is OEM, they wouldn't dare sell you anything else to make $10 more....I will mail a letter to LEXUS USA VP and distribute to all sites, BBB, county, etc...

They find old ignorant people that buy the LEXUS brand and think they can do it to everybody....

Thanks for your responses!!!
Old 12-23-04, 05:28 AM
Knicksfan
Pole Position

Default Don't forget Dealerrater.com

Nothing like some bad press to get a dealer to change his tune. In case you haven't seen, there is a website to rate auto dealers: www.dealerrater.com. Let him have it!
Old 12-23-04, 10:03 AM
GrdnRxR
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Give Lexus USA a call and complain to customer service. I did once a long time ago when a dealer went back on the price of my trade. Lexus was not happy and said they would be contacting the dealer. Two days later I got a call from the dealer begging me to come back and they would fix the deal

Can't hurt to give it a try..........
Old 12-23-04, 10:22 AM
stoumtj
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs down

LEXUS USA told me that they talked to the DEALER but it is considered a SALES issue and they do not get involved. I should have identified the SPOILER as a LEXUS part when buying the car...plain RIDICULUS!!!
Old 12-23-04, 04:40 PM
rjfiore1
Driver

maybe we can all send an email to them stating that there's chatter about the bad service on club Lexus! Maybe that would help??
Old 12-23-04, 04:42 PM
Rx900
Lexus Test Driver

this is one reason i buy cars w/o all the accesories or options. aftermarket stuff may creap up somewhere....
Old 12-23-04, 06:15 PM
bob2200
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Unhappy

I'm sorry to hear about your experiences with Lindsay Lexus. I bought my RX300 there in 2002 and, so far haven't had any significant problems.

However, my car was special ordered and came with additional options I didn't order. They didn't charge me for the additional options (roof bars, towing hitch, cargo net). I removed the cargo net and roof bars, and the towing hitch doesn't bother me (although I may never use it).

They always seemed eager to satisfy their customers (or get good marks on feedback to Lexus HQ). Have you talked with the head of dealership sales and the General Manager at Lindsay?

Fallback is displaying signs to customers from the sidewalk in front of Lindsay (public space) on Saturdays. But I'd exhaust talking to their management first.
Old 12-23-04, 07:18 PM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stoumtj
My LAST LEXUS...
I am truly sorry to learn about your experience with this dealer. Based on your story I think you should consider getting a lawyer to intervene on your behalf. If you asked the dealer to install an OEM part, paid OEM price, and the dealer installed non-OEM which caused damage to your vehicle, it would seem (at minimum) that you have a claim for breach of contract and, possibly, for fraud (if they led you to believe or represented that the part was OEM). Sometimes in occurences like yours a letter from a lawyer is all that it takes to get satisfaction; one thing is certain, you will have their attention if the dealer gets a letter from your attorney.
Old 12-23-04, 07:38 PM
angelslex
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by LeslieRC
I am truly sorry to learn about your experience with this dealer. Based on your story I think you should consider getting a lawyer to intervene on your behalf. If you asked the dealer to install an OEM part, paid OEM price, and the dealer installed non-OEM which caused damage to your vehicle, it would seem (at minimum) that you have a claim for breach of contract and, possibly, for fraud (if they led you to believe or represented that the part was OEM). Sometimes in occurences like yours a letter from a lawyer is all that it takes to get satisfaction; one thing is certain, you will have their attention if the dealer gets a letter from your attorney.
An attorney is going to cost Stou more than the spoiler , Here in New York we have 7 on your side and a few others TV station that w'll give you a hand.Check on your area call TV station or Radio stations maybe, Good luck.
Old 12-24-04, 06:50 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by angelslex
An attorney is going to cost Stou more than the spoiler , Here in New York we have 7 on your side and a few others TV station that w'll give you a hand.Check on your area call TV station or Radio stations maybe, Good luck.
I live in the same area as "stoumtj" and, yes, we do have consumer advocate media here as well. However, the spoiler is a short-term solution; keep in mind that the GX is a $50K truck. My suggestion that "stoumtj" consult with an attorney is to seek a long-term solution (i.e., the condition and continued well-being of the vehicle).
Old 12-24-04, 12:54 PM
BrickHead
Instructor

Stoumtj,
Sorry to hear about your experience. I am not happy with any of the nova dealers. Pohaka is even worse. I wish you resolve this to your satisfaction.

Quick Reply: Lindsay Lexus of Alexandria BAD Service