Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Traction Control Light and Light next to it stays on

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-01, 01:43 AM
banking
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Question for you fellow experts:

On my 92 sc400 w/135+miles my trac light all of a sudden stays on along with that check engine light I think(the display next to the trac light) when I have the engine on. This happened tonight when I had my brakes and alignment done. Well what happen was the mechanic in my opinion was intoxicated but anyway as the car was on the ramp during the alignment the car fell of the support bar of the ramp that pushes the car from the frame. I looked underneath the car and notice where that(looks like a block of wood but actually metal) had smashed three or more wires on the driver's side right next to the o2 sensor. I thought I had saw some wires pretty bent or slightly spliced. Will this have an effect on my trac and engine light coming on all of a sudden. It had never happen before until this incident.
Any suggestions please anybody?
Last question is it possible to convert the r12 to the r134?and what is the average price for this conversion. I'm getting sick of recharging my r12. I know I have a leak but that will be taken care of tommorow well actually in a couple of hours.Any input or suggestions?
Last question for real: My passenger door will not open from the outside nor the inside. i had slammed it pretty hard one day and it bit me right back. Any suggestion on that fix as well. By the way the passenger window
can roll down about 3/4 of the way until it hits something.
Thanks guys! Whithout this site I'm just SOL!
Later Gentlemen and Women.

Old 05-01-01, 02:48 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Thumbs up R-134

I can help with the AC ????. Go to the SC forum, look under the thread "A FEW QUESTIONS" by "Din"... I posted all the info you need for the AC part of your questions...

I'm sure your quest to be "Kool" will be granted...

As for the window it sounds as if your window may be blocked or slightly off track...

Sorry about the other ???? Why aren't you making the shop repair your ride?! It's obvious the cause lies with the shop guy...

The Ikon

Last edited by The Ikon; 05-01-01 at 12:01 PM.
Old 05-01-01, 08:42 AM
mdfdsc300
Pole Position

Default passenger door lock/window

I can help out on the door lock issue. DO a search under the matenance/electronics/SC forum and you'll see my posts about how to get the door panel off. Once it is off, you want to check the lock cables that are attached to the lock mechanism. You can also inspect the movement of the windows for any obstruction while the panel is off.
Good luck!
Also, I am with Ikon on making the shop pay fyour repairs. I was at an NTB a long time ago and this customer was complaining about some damage he claimed was done at the shop. I doubt it happened there, but the shop Manager went along with it to avoid the scene. Since they have insurance, it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Just make a big stink about it.
BTW, I sent you some messages about the tokicos you have 4 sale. Did you get them?
Old 05-01-01, 09:33 AM
RealMarty
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by banking
This happened tonight when I had my brakes and alignment done. Well what happen was the mechanic in my opinion was intoxicated but anyway as the car was on the ramp during the alignment the car fell of the support bar of the ramp that pushes the car from the frame. I looked underneath the car and notice where that(looks like a block of wood but actually metal) had smashed three or more wires on the driver's side right next to the o2 sensor. I thought I had saw some wires pretty bent or slightly spliced.
I would agree with mdfdsc300 and The Ikon. Contact the shop manager ASAP. Don't wait. Tell them that you saw the car fall and the problem showed up immediatley afterward. THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE and I wouldn't leave until they fixed it or agreed (in writing) to cover the repair.
Old 05-01-01, 04:54 PM
banking
Rookie

Thumbs up traction control light and light next to it stays on

Thanks guys for the advice and info. I found out that it was my relay switch for the ac and having that replaced tommorow. My new mechanic is fixing my door tommorow as well but I will try to do that tonight to save some money.
As far as the sloppy work done on my car yesterday I spoke to the mechanic and we agreed that he is going to purchase a new 02 sensor and installed at no cost tommorow as well.
Later